FS: LED Footwell Kit! Single and Multi Color! Video DEMO! Easy Install!

Veloster Turbo Forum

FS: LED Footwell Kit! Single and Multi Color! Video DEMO! Easy Install!

This is a discussion on FS: LED Footwell Kit! Single and Multi Color! Video DEMO! Easy Install! within the Diode Dynamics forums, part of the VelosterTurbo.org Sponsors category; Veloster Turbo Footwell LED Kit These footwell kits are easy to install and long lasting. They add a fresh look to your car without emptying ...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: FS: LED Footwell Kit! Single and Multi Color! Video DEMO! Easy Install!

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Cool FS: LED Footwell Kit! Single and Multi Color! Video DEMO! Easy Install!

Veloster Turbo Footwell LED Kit

These footwell kits are easy to install and long lasting. They add a fresh look to your car without emptying out your wallet. Orders are shipped same day from our store located in St. Louis, MO. We carry single color kits as well as Multicolor kits with a remote control.

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!

Nick C.
    Diode Dynamics
    Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 04-11-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    MrPalms likes this.

makin' my xmas list

Ok, I like this.
    What about "pulse" with music? Is there an additonal controller or something to wire in?
    Also can they be wired to come on as factory interior lights and then have a bypass so that I can turn on and off at will?

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Thanks for your question! The strips do not pulse with the music, however that is a great idea and we may be able to develop something like that in the future.

As for your second question you can do so by using a SPDT switch instead of the SPST one that comes with the kit, you can essentially do it like this. We recommend this change only by those with electrical experience, since you will need to locate the door or map light wire and run that wire to your new switch. Please see our diagram here- the actual wiring is quite simple. If you would like a SPDT switch instead of a SPST LED switch, please just let us know after checkout. Thanks!

Name:  footwellSPDT.gif
Views: 3815
Size:  24.8 KB
    anticmos and CloDan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Turrrrrrbo, yes of course.

I had a streetglow setup in my roush stage 3. I had the led lights attached to a music interface which had the lights pulse with the music. The music interface is somewhere in the $30-40 range.

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

We will be releasing a sound controller in 1-2 months, priced at $10-$15. It will be plug-and-play, so you can simply plug it into your existing single-color kit, or replace the RGB controller in your RGB kit. We're all about keeping things plug-and-play!

Thanks!
    Paul
    Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 11-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.

┻━┻
    ︵ヽ(`Д´)
    5417;︵
    ┻━┻

How weather/water proof are the strips.
    I've considered putting something like this next to the front grill to illuminate it. I can cover and seal the wire and connectors, but the LED strip itself is a different story.

And specs on how well they hold up to heat/cold with Constant temp changes?

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Juggalo View Post
    How weather/water proof are the strips.
    I've considered putting something like this next to the front grill to illuminate it. I can cover and seal the wire and connectors, but the LED strip itself is a different story.

And specs on how well they hold up to heat/cold with Constant temp changes?

They seem to hold up pretty well as we have had other users do the same thing. We do, however seel weatherproof strips as well for that specific application. I would recommend using those.

here is the link RGB Multicolor Flexible 5050 SMD LED Strip (Weatherproof) - LED Strips - LED Bulbs

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    - Matt

loving my tune

nice

Keep Calm & Chive On

I installed my multi-color this weekend. When I get time and decent light I'll take some pics. I mounted the switch in one of the blank buttons on the assembly to the left of the steering wheel. That was not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, but it looks better there so it was worth the extra 2 hours I think I spent drilling, cutting and grinding.

Keep Calm & Chive On

Quote Originally Posted by HellHunter View Post
    I installed my multi-color this weekend. When I get time and decent light I'll take some pics. I mounted the switch in one of the blank buttons on the assembly to the left of the steering wheel. That was not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, but it looks better there so it was worth the extra 2 hours I think I spent drilling, cutting and grinding.
    Pics as promised (I know they are spectacular quality) These are the multicolor ones. You can strobe, flash, sequence, solid color (like 16 colors) and adjust speed and brightness.

Passenger Side (the strip is a little long for the mounting surface)

Driver Side - Notice the switch cluster has the LED switch in it. If anyone tries to do this, DO NOT DRILL THROUGH THE BACK!! Hyundai makes those units as a consolidated part, those button areas are not modular. I had to end up cutting out the side (after doing a careful back side pilot hole) and gutting plastic from the button face. Lots of hot knifing involved. It is just deep enough to let the blade connectors on the wires clear without pinching them in. The back of the assembly contains a PCB (printed circuit board) that Hyundai uses to attach the various button modules depending on the build of the car. So if you drill through the back, you will probably destroy the whole assembly and have to buy a new one. If you look closely you can also see the quick MOD Turbosocks had posted for the Bluetooth OBD adapter for the Torque app.

The IR receiver for the RGB module is mounted above the USB plug. I drilled top-down under the starter button to just push it through. The RGB module sits to the left of the starter button inside the console. (The pic is for the Mission Plate, but you can see the receiver.) Btw, the "V-console" is a pain to get out. Those things are really in there and the soft vinyl material of the dash and console components indents very easily from tools. Be careful when taking stuff apart on the front end. I've got a couple indents around the pry slots.
    CloDan likes this.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links