FS: Interior LED Kit! Check Out The Comparison Pics!

Veloster Turbo Forum

FS: Interior LED Kit! Check Out The Comparison Pics!

This is a discussion on FS: Interior LED Kit! Check Out The Comparison Pics! within the Diode Dynamics forums, part of the VelosterTurbo.org Sponsors category; Full Interior LED Kit - Hyundai Veloster Turbo We are pleased to offer these LEDs in a truly customized way. You can create the kit ...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: FS: Interior LED Kit! Check Out The Comparison Pics!

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Lightbulb Hyundai Veloster Turbo Interior LED Kit! Check Out The Comparison Pics!

Full Interior LED Kit - Hyundai Veloster Turbo

We are pleased to offer these LEDs in a truly customized way. You can create the kit that you prefer. Simply change the quantity to "0" for any bulbs that you do not wish to purchase.

By using the ordering options on this page, you can create your own mix-and-match kit by making the proper selections on each stage, or choose one whole kit that you prefer. The product pictures are professionally taken, at the same camera settings, in order to provide an accurate idea of what the bulbs will look like, in terms of brightness compared to the factory bulbs.

Brightness. We offer three levels of brightness, or "stages." All stages will provide a sharp, modern LED look, and all include the same number of bulbs. Please be sure to read all of the following information:
    • Stage 1: Near factory brightness.
    • Stage 2: Slightly brighter than factory.
    • Stage 3: Much brighter than factory.
    • Stage 4 Flexlight: (Trunk only) This is a flexible LED strip with connector, for plug-and-play installation. It replaces your factory trunk light, and can be positioned anywhere you would like, with included velcro and adhesive.
    All brightness levels are for general reference only, and apply only to the use of white LEDs. Please see the note below regarding the use of colored LEDs.

Please note that the stage 3 trunk light is often an LED board, which must be installed directly on top of the trunk light housing to achieve maximum brightness. All other lights will fit inside of the light housing with no modification. Some stage 3 interior lights use direct-replacement adapters with an LED board for maximum brightness.

Color. White is our most popular color. It is a 6000K cool LED white. We also offer yellow, green, blue, and red, at no additional charge. When making your color selections, please bear in mind that white projects the most usable light, so white will appear brighter than the same stage of a colored bulb, usually by one stage difference. For example, a red stage 3 light will have a similar usable light output as a stage 2 white light.

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.

Need Info? Need to Order? Click Below!

Hyundai Veloster Turbo LED Kit

Need Info? Need to Order? Click Below!
    Hyundai Veloster Turbo LED Kit

Questions? Post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
    Nick C.
    Diode Dynamics

Customer Reviews:

"With LEDs being the future of lighting, and the Veloster being Hyundai’s tech-focused sports hatchback, I was surprised to find out that all the interior bulbs were conventional filament bulbs. Thankfully, Diode Dynamics comes to the rescue with their super bright Stage 3 LEDs to replace your OEM map light bulbs. Not only is the interior of my vehicle lit much more effectively, but the cool white lights match the LED lighting on the instrument panel for a stylish, 21st century look. Plus, they consume much less power so if I accidentally leave a map light on, I can go for hours without killing the battery!" (Posted on January 28, 2014)

"I got my first car ever and it was the Veloster Turbo and I just have to say that this light really helps with the lighting in the trunk which I found the OEM ones did not do much at all. The install was really quick and simple and it is just amazing. I will post a picture of it when I get the chance but let me tell you, you won't regret buying this product. I bought the white Stage 2 and like i said it greatly improves the lighting." (Posted on January 31, 2014)

"Lighting the cargo area of a hatchback is always a challenge. You’re usually left with a weak light on one side of the compartment that’s easily covered by cargo. The Diode Dynamics Stage 4 FlexLight is the solution to your cargo lighting needs. Light, flexible, and amazingly bright, it’s easy to power by connecting to your OEM lighting and easy to mount permanently with the included 3M adhesive strip. You can also make it repositionable by using the included Velcro tabs. (DD has thought of everything!) In my 2014 Turbo Veloster, I have mine mounted to the upholstery on the back of the rear seat with Velcro. Not only does this illuminate my cargo area perfectly, but with the Velcro tabs, I can reposition it whenever I need to fold the seats down. The difference is literally night and day. With the Stage 4 FlexLight, I can finally see everything in my cargo area clearly!" (Posted on January 28, 2014)

"So I bought the map lights and let me say that you will not regret this at all. I installed these over the weekend and I had a little bit of trouble as the led board did not want to fit properly at first but with just a little bit of moving the prongs that hold the light they fit perfectly. These map lights really brighten up the interior of your car. I got the stage 2 lights and on my VT I don't have a dome light cause of the panoramic sunroof but these lights even help brighten up the back seating area which is amazing! You will not regret getting these." (Posted on January 31, 2014)
    Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 12-24-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    MrPalms likes this.

┻━┻
    ︵ヽ(`Д´)
    5417;︵
    ┻━┻

Site has "Stage 4 Flex Lights"
    Im assuming they are just brighter? or is there something else to them?

Also, these are just plug-n-play socketed LED's right?

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Hello,

All bulbs do have the correct socket to plug in, no wiring needs to be done. The Stage 4 flexlight uses our flexible LED strip, and comes with adhesive and velcro. It should be plugged into the trunk light socket, but then you can place the strip itself anywhere you want. You are basically replacing the trunk light in this way.

Thanks!
    Paul

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Can you guys ship to Australia?

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Yes, we can ship to Australia. It can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks for standard shipping.

-Emily
    CloDan likes this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Got it! 4/11/14

Just to clarify, are the pictures show representative of the white LEDs in stages 1-3?

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

That is correct, all pictures show white LEDs. Blue is a deep, strong blue color, likewise with red, green, and yellow.

Thanks,
    Paul

Keep Calm & Chive On

So I installed by LED kit and I have a couple of comments:

1. The ends on the vanity LEDs are very soft. The stock vanity lights are "toothed" on one end to slide and twist-lock to come in and out. I had a hell of a time getting the new ones in and the first one I tried actually collapsed the point on one side. The one side is slotted until the end so trying to slide it in caused the one end to collapse as the end was wider than the slot. I did manage to get both in, but the ends bent slightly and i thought one was going to break off at one point. You may want to consider different ends for those pieces.

2. The Stage 3 Dome light has no way to mount it as shipped. There is a 3M tape backing for the LEd unit and then it is corded to the spring-loaded adapter. However, there is no spot in the dome fixture to stick the LED panel. I ended up using double-sided 3M tape across the "upper level" of the fixture and then stuck the LED panel to that. It works, but my only concern is contact between the LEDs and the diffuser plate.

3. The contact wires on the license plate LEDs had to be tweaked in order to get them to hold contact with the socket. They would move out of position every time I pushed them in preventing proper contact and therefore not lighting up. I finally managed to tweak them to the right point where they both worked.

I know most LED light products are universal fit. I had a whole interior and exterior LED kit for my last car purchased from another manufacturer. They had some similar issues on their early products, but they have newer products to resolve most of the those issues. For instance, they changed from plastic casing with wires on the little instrument panel LEDs to printed circuit board ends as the contact wires always had issues keeping contact with the sockets, causing the resistors to burn out.

All that aside, the LEDs work terrifically and in combination with the footwell lights, my car has it's unique hue again (as did my last).

Supporting Vendor
    (314) 205-3033

Thank you very much for the comments/review. The vanity light LEDs are indeed a bit tight, but we recommend adjusting the tabs before installation to accommodate them. With that slight adjustment, they will pop in without issue.

You can stick the LED panel directly to the adapter piece- just press it firmly in place. It does not need a large space to be attached to.

On all 194s, it is a good idea to do this- it actually says to do that multiple times in the installation guide that came with your order! Just adjust the pins slightly to ensure a good connection, as needed. Really only takes a second to do

Thank you!
    Paul

This user has no status.

Except of course when its listed as backordered.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links