Veloster Turbo Forum banner

New Turbo and mods

9K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  JD284 
#1 ·
Just picked up a White 2015 Veloster Turbo. Love it.

First mod was a set of HKS M45XL Spark Plugs in conjunction with a LAP3 Uncle Chip--HUGE difference.

Second was an Injen SRI but it was too obnoxious for me (may be selling it soon), so I replaced with a standard K&N.

Next up is an ADD Catch Can (tomorrow evening's project).

Such a fun little car.

#6 ·
Anyone else use lap3 chip? I just looked at their website. Looks pretty interesting. However, our tuners here can get more than 30whp

#7 ·
I like the idea of not sending in the ECU for the tune though

#9 ·
does the tork tune void warranty though?

#11 ·
I tested the Lap3 Uncle chip on my 2015 Kia forte5 SX.. I found it did nothing but muddy up the peddle response.. and limit boost to 14lbs at peak.. normal for my car was 18.3.. I didn't feel it changed anything on my car I used for a 1000 miles then I pulled it off and sent it back.. got a refund no questions asked.. but during that time.. I tested it on a 2015 optima SXL and it turned that car in to a missile.. I hope the VT respond better to that mod.. but its a No Go for the Forte.. I also have the INJEN CAI .. sounds the same as all the outer CAI just a bit less nosier than the 6th element CAI

#15 ·
We highly don't recommend the Lap 3 chip it sends false information to the ECU makes the IAF's think there lower when there not it blew up one our stock VT's so with that being said you have been warned. We also dyno'd it on and off and the end result was minimal for a brief moment in the 3k to 4k range at top end it actually was less power than stock. I would highly suggest a ECU tune on a separate ECU

#18 ·
Never a fan of "piggy back" tuning solutions. Just too much that can go wrong.

Reactions: rspec2014
#21 ·
Bump, how's the Lap3 chip going??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.