Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Dcannon203's VT

42K views 103 replies 20 participants last post by  Alldayi420 
#1 ·
Here is my VT build thread hosting pics and links to videos for my car, thanks for watching.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
ya the bottom tire well, the whole top hatch, along the rear behind the lights, and 2 sheets thick solid all along the rear underhatch portion, where most of the pressure is firing.
Man I love your system! Wish I could hear it first hand. this FAT MAt is good stuff and very inexpensive. do not buy dynomat unless you wanna pay $200!

Where all do you have sound deadening? Just the rear hatch door?

#3 ·
That is a mean set up. The vibration I get on my rear view mirror doesn't even compare to the earthquake you're producing!. Question is, how do you carry luggage around? I go fishing so often I wouldn't know where to put all my gear if I had a woofer/amp set up like that.

#7 ·
I think its a little wimpy compared to my buddy which competed and took first place with [2] 15inch old school type-R's and similar amp in a custom box. My enclosure is a bit small, but it exactly to MFG spec. The size limits the loudness potential, unless I made a custom box, which im not going to do, yet. I might have "davetheboxguy" make something bigger that will fit in this boot without modifications. i am running stock alternator and battery, those things also limit my SPL. Other than that it sounds good for just riding around. very clean, gains set properly, minimal clipping. The most important thing is that the trunk does not buzz like a trash can rolling down the street, which helps when trying to dodge policia. lol

#9 ·
Man I wished you lived around DFW. There is this place I am going to buy my sub/box. hits super hard.

Anyways, nice rig man.

do you have any aftermarket interior speakers? and if so do you run them with the factory amp?

You know, i want a aftermarket alternator. But here is the thing. I don't want a aftermarket alt that only pumps juice at 2k rpm. to me, those are ok but I am not at 2k ALL the time. I tried calling this one company that makes high output at idle rpm but they said they won't touch our alt for whatever reason. I know a battery will help, but honestly I think the battery is only as good as the alt. so if your amp has a high capacity amp output but your alt is only pushing low amps, then your high amp output battery won't be putting out high amps because your alt isn't giving it high amps.

I noticed you said you clip. is it because of power or your amp?

#10 · (Edited)
I set it to NOT clip with a DMM @ proper voltage gain match, but i said minimal because ....even tuned correctly any system will clip depending on the quality and level of the songs played.. as long as it isn't constant there is no issues. I assume it clips with the limited power source i dont drop below 13.8 which is good.. but i can not verify that all the time.. i turned the bass boost to half to fill in the high end bass that the stock head unit cuts off. Normally i would not run bass boost but with the limitations of the head unit EQ, it is a must.

The components I run are Alpine 610-C's all around with stock center speaker. <---- i can say these do the job very well for the price. I was not an Alpine fanboy, but the speakers are good for the price.

Yes factory amp. no need for aftermarket upgrade with these passive components.
Man I wished you lived around DFW. There is this place I am going to buy my sub/box. hits super hard.

Anyways, nice rig man.

do you have any aftermarket interior speakers? and if so do you run them with the factory amp?
You know, i want a aftermarket alternator. But here is the thing. I don't want a aftermarket alt that only pumps juice at 2k rpm. to me, those are ok but I am not at 2k ALL the time. I tried calling this one company that makes high output at idle rpm but they said they won't touch our alt for whatever reason. I know a battery will help, but honestly I think the battery is only as good as the alt. so if your amp has a high capacity amp output but your alt is only pushing low amps, then your high amp output battery won't be putting out high amps because your alt isn't giving it high amps.

I noticed you said you clip. is it because of power or your amp?

#11 ·
#13 ·
Clipping = in simple terms is heat generated on woofer coils due to a over driven audio signal where the peaks flatten making the speaker imitate a jackhammer rather than a smooth curve, mine usually are lukewarm all day .but some songs can make them hot to the touch, never to damaging levels though.

#21 ·
you caught me mid upload, i got a few more videos being dumped as we speak, tomorrow i will take pix of the carbon trim. It got dark today hella early. The hood does not flex at all, BUT in a few minutes you will see the hatch.

#28 · (Edited)
its behind the tail lights, i gotta put foam rubber on it someday. the hatch does not make noise just the wiper. I dont want to remove the wiper so i will have to just live with it.
Yes i have 5 bass boosted trap mega mixes already. I think those songs are already mixed in it somewhere. The tracks are titled "Bass Boosted Trap Mix 2013 HD"

#26 ·
WRONG! Anything under one TEN is UNDERKILL!!! LOL

I agree though. Overkill. I bet that isn't hard to accomplish in this car. Thank god! One good ten, two tens, twelves, a FIFTEEN IN A FOURTH ORDER BANDPASS!!! DAMN! LOL :p all that is overkill.

but overkill is a good thing when it comes to bass. If you are afraid of bass, BUY TWEETERS!!!! Leave the bass to the big boys. lol :p

#30 ·
That is EXACTLY what I am doing. Well not EXACTLY. I am getting a 15 in a 4th order. But it isn't 2k! Mine will be 800rms. You can still do whatever you want man. Why wont you? What would you get? what amp and sub? just curious.

OH MAN then yes those tracks will hit hard! Hope you liked it. check this one out too.

That one is old school. Brings me back

Anyways, love the wrap. Was it hard? you make it look easy!

AND now I know what all those wires are for! One is for the alt to the batt right? the other is a ground and the other was to the amp right? I was wondering why you got one going across the motor like that. NICE. Bet it helped.

This post has been deleted
#29 ·
I Love everything except for the pillars. I personally would have them color matched, but the only thing that matters is that you like it! :cool2:

Did you do it yourself? Came out Awesome!!!

#31 · (Edited)
Yes that is the "Big 3" upgrade, engine ground, battery ground, alternator fused, and amp main power wire-- all 0 gauge.
The application of the film was not "hard" but it takes serious patience and you will feel like you fucked it all up multiple times, just relax. The film is soo forgiving that if you stick the piece to itself and simply apply heat to peel it back and continue on. Application of heavy heat lets you wrap it around and stretch considerably all while it retains its original adhesive ability.

i put this wrap on the pillars, because i am going to be wrapping the wing also, and i need something to balance that piece so it does not look out of place. I ran out of film. I had to remove the pillar pieces to get a solid wrap on it, all the other parts were done while they remained on the vehicle. 3-4 hours work for it being my first time ever using this stuff and just "winging" it.

#34 ·
This is great info! Yes the wing I can not wait to see wrapped!

ya the amp i have now puts out a certified 2400 rms into 1 ohm "more than enough for any top shelf 15 inch" , i have it set to 1600 @ 2 ohm because that is the lowest i can do with my 2 woofer DVC setup.
what is it at 4 ohms? my 15 woofer is a single voice coil at 4 ohms. Its rms at 4ohms is 800 watts. I bet I can use your amp for 2 of my 15's if I wired them down to 2 ohms. I bet that amp you have will work for my single woofer. If I was rich I'd send you my sub in the box Ima use. It is king kong in a box lol you already have the amp looks like.

#35 ·
It looks like it would be perfect for your desired setup if you go with 2 woofers bridged. [BRX2400.1D 1 x 2400@1ohm 1 x 1600@2ohm 1 x 850@4ohm], this amp also is underrated as tested by Steve meads amp dyno. It performs better than spec on music.

#37 · (Edited)
If I liked being slow as shit again...i'd wall the egg off. I'd LOVE to hear my 4-15s in a hatch. But I'd face them straight up, venting forward. (only way a hatch gets its loudest)

*edit*
Just read thru his entire post/thread.
149.2 on 4 walled subs, in a hatch...NOT impressive.
I produced 158.3 in my GSX with 2-10s on an 800w amp. (at least that's what they claim the HCCA 2100 can do, lmao)
The mic was in the kicks, I was running on the old Bass Mekanik CD @ 44 "cycles". Box was tuned to 37hz. The subs I was running was PowerBass Xtreme XS D1 subs.

Quality work this guy has. Im more than certain in the near future he'll slap at LEAST 154 with the wall.

#41 ·
I don't understand how u could stand to sit in your vt with all that bass. I only have 1 12 Inch rockford fosgate p2 and a class d mono alpine amp and it beats my damn brains out..... I'm scared of your system love the carbon wrap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.