Piercemotorsports Rear Camber Kit!

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Piercemotorsports Rear Camber Kit! within the Pierce Motorsports forums, part of the VelosterTurbo.org Sponsors category; Ok so after about 12+ track days/testing we've known forever that we needed to get some rear camber into our Veloster. Our car started with ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Piercemotorsports Rear Camber Kit!

Supporting Vendor
    This user has MAJOR status.

Ok so after about 12+ track days/testing we've known forever that we needed to get some rear camber into our Veloster. Our car started with 1 1/4 degree negative and about 3/8" to 1/2" of toe in back there from the factory...I can't say for sure how much straight line speed this would cost you, but it's a pretty substantial amount---and we've officially turned the outside edges of the tires blue. Based on tire temps it needed about 2 degrees negative and we reduced the toe down to 1/8" in. With our rear torsion bar it helps control the toe change and we're good and stable back there.

Having worked with the golf's before (former Golf Cup/ITB racer, and GTI CUP record holder at Willow---not showing my age or anything!) we new what needed to be done. We found some suitable rear alignment kit's/shims and some brake caliper shims and had the alignment shop next door go to work. It wasn't particularly easy to get the precise numbers and actually took us 2 kits to dial it in, but we got exactly what we wanted.

The basic idea is that the rear hubs/backing plates unbolt from the beam and a "phone dial" type angled shim is bolted in between the beam and the hub angling/cambering it in the desired direction. When you bolt it back together the hub and rotor are now cocked at an angle to the caliper so it needs to be spaced as well. The pics below show the kit and basic install---the yellow shim actually goes behind the rotor backing plate---we put it up front so you can get a better idea. We'll sell the 2 kits (one per side) and the brake shim kit for $60 and I'd like to say that you could do this one at home, but I don't think without a full set of camber/caster/toe gauges anyone would be able to get it straight. All the cars we've seen are slightly different or I'd just mark off the holes for everyone. A good alignment shop should charge an hour to an hour and a half per side---I'd ask them if they've done this type of thing first before dropping off your Veloster.

The benefits are pretty substantial for the autocross/track guys---more grip/even contact patch and better tire wear---the street guys should be able to get a wider combo of tire/rim under there---and the kit will allow for much more than 2 degrees if needed. Pretty cool stuff!!!
    Name:  DSC04756.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  90.6 KBName:  DSC04757.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  93.4 KBName:  DSC04758.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  84.9 KBName:  DSC04759.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  89.5 KBName:  DSC04760.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  87.0 KBName:  DSC04761.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  94.2 KBName:  DSC04762.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  92.8 KBName:  DSC04763.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  92.6 KBName:  DSC04764.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  93.5 KBName:  DSC04765.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  90.2 KB

Only got a gallon in the gas
    tank, but I'm almost at the
    finish line, so I can't stop
    now.

That's pretty cool!
    Piercemotorsports likes this.

Proudly using parts / services by:
    6th Element Engineering, 845 Motorsports, BC Racing, Diode Dynamics, Essendon Hyundai, Final Inspection, Glow Shift, Jun BL, K-Sport, NST Pulleys, Pierce Motorsports, Morimoto, Non Stop Tuning, Pro Flow, Race Ramps, Rajab Racing Developments, Rockford Fosgate, Roll Control, So Cal Garage Works, Synapse, Tippett Auto Design, Tork Motorsports, XKGlow

Banned
    I drive a ST!

That is awesome pierce.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Sua Sponte

Always innovating, nice!! but ur right Jim, I might have a hard time finding a good shop here in Orlando who's done this type of work b4 on a VT.
    VT/AT 13' Ultra Black Ultimate: INJEN, ExLED, Diode Dynamics, JunBL GT, SOLO, JCS Pods, Prosport, Billet Tech, Rally Armor, Turbosocks, 845 MS, Pierce MS, Tork MS, Titan MS, Nstyle MS, Tippett Auto Designs.

Check my Albums: My Black Beauty Vol.1 and Vol.2

Mods on the Way

Looks good I really love the tires any where to get them cheap
    Build

TS Short Ram Intake - BPV To BOV Mod - XXR 531 18x8.5 35mm, Window Tint 18% Rear, 38% Front, Yellow Fog Lens, SOLO Performance Cat Back, Intercooler Resonator Delete, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, TS FMIC, Rally Armor Mud Flaps, TORK TUNED.

Future Mods

HFC
    Coilovers
    Billet Grill

Supporting Vendor

Thanks, I sell them here---they're really a unique size though---245/35/17---super wide and low profile---you gain a ton of grip and some gearing with them...I'd sell you these if you were just autoXing---they're pretty spent and not good for much else...

@Captain_Hyundai

oh boy i want or need this.. Not sure which one, either way its mine.

Mods on the Way

No sizes like 225 40 18
    Build

TS Short Ram Intake - BPV To BOV Mod - XXR 531 18x8.5 35mm, Window Tint 18% Rear, 38% Front, Yellow Fog Lens, SOLO Performance Cat Back, Intercooler Resonator Delete, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, TS FMIC, Rally Armor Mud Flaps, TORK TUNED.

Future Mods

HFC
    Coilovers
    Billet Grill

Premium Member
    The Inner Machinations Of My
    Mind Are An Enigma

UGH man the rear axle SUCKS!!! I want full adjustability back there. I hate that we have to do this.

Nice work Jim! alek did the same thing a while back. But his was for show not go.
    Got Camber?

So we just order this kit from you and have an experienced reputable alignment shop install these? do we tell them what numbers we should get out of the alignment machine when it is done properly?
    Last edited by MyDianaZ06; 12-20-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    2014 Elite White M/T w/Ult Package AKA Athena
    PM me your fitment (wheel/tire), audio questions
    /HARD AS F
    Twitter Handle @GachoStyleP1

Search via google.com for best search results. Example: "site:velosterturbo.org best coilovers"

Supporting Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    No sizes like 225 40 18
    I'll have a look for you on Monday---Yes sir---take it to a good shop and let them know what your after.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links