Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review

This is a discussion on Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review within the Product Reviews forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Originally Posted by Darkness Damn, I was about to pull the trigger on these headlight. Hopefully you will keep updating us on how these are ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review

This user has a status.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Damn, I was about to pull the trigger on these headlight. Hopefully you will keep updating us on how these are holding up over time.
    Well I can report they are well sealed. Spent the day driving around in a constant rain shower and no condensation.

Quote Originally Posted by DedMemBRaiNE View Post
    Is the lens melting?
    That's a mounting screw. I've never been able to see one through the lense of the projector.

Too many parts to list: My build thred.

This user has no status.

They are very low quality projectors. Aftermarket headlights like this warrant insane mold fees; sometimes upwards of $60k per vehicle. That's a heft investment for some headlights. Gotta cut the costs elsewhere and that is where the cheap, run of the mill projectors come into play. Same projector used in most of Spec-D's other headlights with the same problems. They could do so much better!

Personally, I would never drive with them. See below. Here is an output shot someone posted up from these headlights with some quick, quick illustrations inlayed.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 4.28.43 PM.png
Views: 171
Size:  1.74 MB

As seen in the OP's wall shots, right in the center of the cutoff there is a nice big dark spot. This doesn't look to be too much a problem on the wall.....but when you get out there on the road this is a HUGE safety concern. This spot should be the brightest, not the dimmest as this is the part of the beam pattern shooting down the road. Think about it like this.....road kill, live deer, tree, person, whatever in the middle of the road at 80 feet is simply not visible because of the terrible performance of the lights. You get 20 feet away from the subject and can finally clearly see it. Well.......you were already going 70mph on the interstate and that 60 feet was the difference between you being able to avoid collision with the subject vs plowing right through it. Getting some headlights because they look cool is one thing but sacrificing the safety of you, your passengers, and other drivers is another. My professional opinion is to stay away from these lights for now.

I say for now because I have purchased a set for some R&D. I will be ripping them apart and developing a drop-in upgrade for these terrible projectors. Still a little ways out on making this happen but it is on the schedule. Output of the planned projectors can be seen below.......light right where you need it!

Name:  18010672_10155325550151189_2896339384322458889_n.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  22.1 KB

^^customer submitted photo of him running one of my upgrade kits in his OEM VT headlights.
    E9C900A, Manofdust23 and Bigbird like this.

This user has a status.

I'd love a better projector! Enough to tear these open and replace em. They are fine to drive with, I see no worse with these than my stock ones but the hot spots are anoying as hell and honestly, kind of distracting. They remind me of the H11 vs. H11b issue.

They look cool but more importantly, saved me money on a stock pair of lights to repair my bumper clips.
    Last edited by Bigbird; 04-22-2017 at 07:45 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has a status.

Made an interesting observation last night. I used the high beams for the first time and it had an odd pattern. I got home and used the garage door to see what was happening. Turns out the H1s are bixenon or something like it. When you activate high beams, it looks like the cut off plate move to let more light through. I disconnected the relay mod and the high beam bulbs and it worked. The projectors are high and low beam. Nifty. Still, crappy projectors.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Made an interesting observation last night. I used the high beams for the first time and it had an odd pattern. I got home and used the garage door to see what was happening. Turns out the H1s are bixenon or something like it. When you activate high beams, it looks like the cut off plate move to let more light through. I disconnected the relay mod and the high beam bulbs and it worked. The projectors are high and low beam. Nifty. Still, crappy projectors.
    Yep that screw you mentioned behind the lens is holding the solenoid that activates the shield in place. Bi-halogen :P

If you love something set it
    free, unless it's a tiger

Does the lighted eyebrow piece look like it could be taken out and modded onto a stock headlight? It would make an ultimate headlight, upgrade all leds, halo, h1 projector and then the eyebrow piece.
    '14 VT A/T
    UNIQ Strut Bar/Collars || GP Thunder 8500K Low/High/Fog || Chrome Turn Bulbs (White front, Amber rear) || Tint || White LED int/ext || TTR Low Engine Mount || SCGW F/R tow hook || TS 3.5" Intake || Tork 0+ Tune || Pierce Torsion Bar/4pt Brace/HF DP || CNT Exhaust || Saikou Michi OCC's || X ORHP || Synapse DV Kit || Coolant Bypass || X 3TBS || Pandafab Solenoid || PUP || Amsoil Coolant || HKS Spark Plugs || Exhaust Hangers
    Pending Install: NST Crank/WP Pulley || ORCP

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fastswimmerguy View Post
    Does the lighted eyebrow piece look like it could be taken out and modded onto a stock headlight? It would make an ultimate headlight, upgrade all leds, halo, h1 projector and then the eyebrow piece.
    That would take entirely too much work. More than anyone in their right mind would be willing to pay for!

If you love something set it
    free, unless it's a tiger

Quote Originally Posted by dare View Post
    That would take entirely too much work. More than anyone in their right mind would be willing to pay for!
    Haha I figured as much, but still curious. I like the lighted brow look but also like the lower led strip to be a bright white drl instead of turn signal.
    '14 VT A/T
    UNIQ Strut Bar/Collars || GP Thunder 8500K Low/High/Fog || Chrome Turn Bulbs (White front, Amber rear) || Tint || White LED int/ext || TTR Low Engine Mount || SCGW F/R tow hook || TS 3.5" Intake || Tork 0+ Tune || Pierce Torsion Bar/4pt Brace/HF DP || CNT Exhaust || Saikou Michi OCC's || X ORHP || Synapse DV Kit || Coolant Bypass || X 3TBS || Pandafab Solenoid || PUP || Amsoil Coolant || HKS Spark Plugs || Exhaust Hangers
    Pending Install: NST Crank/WP Pulley || ORCP

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fastswimmerguy View Post
    Haha I figured as much, but still curious. I like the lighted brow look but also like the lower led strip to be a bright white drl instead of turn signal.
    That would be as simple as replacing the LEDs and adjusting resistance. Easy!
    fastswimmerguy likes this.

This user has no status.

Update in one of the FB groups-

As mentioned above, these aftermarket assembly companies use sub-par materials to save on costs. The lenses usually pit and fade much faster than OEM lenses but this.......two weeks in.........oh man. I started talking to Spec-D over a 14 months prior to these officially releasing as the final design on these was complete. Now I see why it took so long to hit the market. They couldn't get the quality under control and I guess just gave up?

Buyers beware.

Name:  18076721_1478543192169239_5731221352490483272_o.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  362.2 KB
    Bigbird likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links