Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review within the Product Reviews forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I've only had these on for a few hours but I've gotten some good info about them during my install and testing. The install was ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Junyan Aftermarket Headlight Review

This user has a status.

I've only had these on for a few hours but I've gotten some good info about them during my install and testing.

Name:  20170328_140900.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  5.00 MB

The install was the same as any factory headlight work. Gotta remove the bumper from the top and sides at least. Mine was a little more complicated since I was also installing H1 HID bulbs to go with my existing kit.

Fitment and packaging is great and the whole thing seems as sturdy as the OEM set. The housing feels OEM but the way the projector fits is a dead give away as it sits higher than the OEM ones and further back. It comes with the resistors for the LED sequential turn signals as well as all the bulbs for operation and the adesire ti mout it alread on there.

Cut off is crisper then the OEM lights but there is less spread. (HIDs in both). Some irritating hot spots while driving to but I believe these are from the HID bulbs, much like we have with the H11b vs. H11.

OEM:
    Name:  20170327_232433.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  1.89 MB

Junyan:
    Name:  20170329_232924.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  1.86 MB

Part of the odd spread is because of how I had to adjust the lights to keep from vibrating. This may only be an issues for guys with stiffer mounts. It is also likely possible to hard mount the projectors with an epoxy to keep them from doing this.

The LED accents are MUCH brighter. Here's comparison. You'll have to click on the pic to see the full size and yes... the passenger side OEM accents are on.

Name:  20170328_131303.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  4.66 MB

Couple notes for buyers:

1. While possible to adjust them after they bumper is back on its much easier to do this before you do.

2. While driving I noticed the passenger light was vibrating pretty badly. I stopped and as the car idled it was vibrating. When I hit it gently it got worse. Fret not because I figured out how to fix it.

The drivers side wasn't doing it and both bulbs were firmly in place so I started adjusting the drivers side light. At a certain point in the horizontal adjustment, that light started to vibrate too. I moved it back and it stopped. Did the same treatment to the passenger side one and it was fixed. No more vibration.

3. The projector sits high in the housing and so it does in the cover. With HIDs installed it barely cleared the cover so make sure your wiring is out of the way when the cover goes back on.

4. Be sure not to mount the resistor on the housing it self as they can get very hot. I used the radiator support.

Name:  20170328_192353.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  2.96 MB
    Name:  20170328_192321.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  3.00 MB
    Name:  20170328_153203.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  3.96 MB
    Name:  20170329_230125.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  3.53 MB
    Name:  20170329_225806.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  4.08 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bigbird; 03-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    JD284, MA1tR!X, TheDoogs and 2 others like this.

Go Faster : TurboXs BOV : XE ORCP : XE ORHP : ProSport Catch Can : Pierce Catless Down Pipe : Stock Catback w/ Remote Cutout : SXTH Shifter Bushings : Tork SS : NST Pullie : SXTH SRI : Custom J-pipe : Tork Stage 1 Tune : HKS M40XL Plugs
    Handling : BC Coilovers : Pierce Torsion Bar : Pierce Street Tower Bar : Pierce 2 pt front brace : Torque Solutions Lower Bushings: 19x8 Racing Hart C2 : 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1R
    The Looks : HIDs : NEFD Rear Diffuser : Sequence Lip and Spats

This user has no status.

Very cool Bigbird, those look sharp!! Where did you get them, ebay? I'd like to see a pic with the accents on from a distance in the dark.
    2013 Blue A/T
    Performance: Big Gulp, "The Hulk" | X's ORHP v3| Half Gutted Stock Downpipe | SOLO V-MACH 2N1 Exhaust | NGK 1422 | VT Flash Base Tune
    Appearance: Stock wheels dipped black | 35% Tint
    Suspension: Pierce Motosports Strut Bar
    Other: AddW1 v2 OCC, filter on breather recirc
    Next Projects: Devil style spoiler

Looking to buy: 60mTB

I know nothing about cars

I was looking at these. They look sharp. Thanks for the write up. Looks like the leds are day time bright.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    '16 Matte Gray Veloster Turbo

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Mehh...

Im curious as to why you moved your car? How could you get an accurate conclusion about the difference in light projection when your clearly in two different spots at different distances away from your garage door? They do like nice though.
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

Performance - 3.5 TurboSocks Beastmode SRI / 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / Custom Cold Pipe /
    TurboSmart VeePort Pro BOV / SECo Solenoid / HF ORHP / ADD W1 Catch Cans / 2.5 MBRP Pro Series Exhaust

Handling - Megan Racing Strut Bar / Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Beam / Uniq Rigid Collars
    Other - Homemade Vortex Generator / Quick Release Bumper / GlowShift Boost Gauge / Dipped Wheels
    Customized M&S Grill / Hella Horns

This user has no status.

Any obvious way to adjust the beam pattern from LHD to RHD?

This user has no status.

Are the bumper clips better or the same? I broke mine last weekend.

Insane, and Happily modding
    his R-Spec.

Dang, they look nice. Any chance of a video of them going thru all stages, and were did you get them?
    Stock 2015 R-Spec Ultra Black M/T
    So much to do, And How to Hide it from the Wife?

This user has a status.

From the top...

@Jd284, I got them on Ebay from SpecD Tuning. I'll post up more pics tomorrow at work.

@dedmembraine, because I did. I wanted to see what the general light patern looks like. Not get an exact comparison. I knew they would be different since the projectors are completely different. If you ask nicely I can take you a pic in the same spot.

@ma1tr!x, not that I could see. But I didn't know what it looked like till I had them on. If these are anything like the ones I had on my accord it would be a PITA.

@christobevii3, seem the same. Doubt they are as good but they don't mount to the brittle clear plastic the OEM ones do and they are working well.

@nihil1, I'll make one tomorrow at work. Got them on ebay.

Go Faster : TurboXs BOV : XE ORCP : XE ORHP : ProSport Catch Can : Pierce Catless Down Pipe : Stock Catback w/ Remote Cutout : SXTH Shifter Bushings : Tork SS : NST Pullie : SXTH SRI : Custom J-pipe : Tork Stage 1 Tune : HKS M40XL Plugs
    Handling : BC Coilovers : Pierce Torsion Bar : Pierce Street Tower Bar : Pierce 2 pt front brace : Torque Solutions Lower Bushings: 19x8 Racing Hart C2 : 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1R
    The Looks : HIDs : NEFD Rear Diffuser : Sequence Lip and Spats

This user has no status.

So it is black abs clips on the bumper clips? The clear plastic would be brittle compared. Nice?

Mehh...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    From the top...

@Jd284, I got them on Ebay from SpecD Tuning. I'll post up more pics tomorrow at work.

@dedmembraine, because I did. I wanted to see what the general light patern looks like. Not get an exact comparison. I knew they would be different since the projectors are completely different. If you ask nicely I can take you a pic in the same spot.

@ma1tr!x, not that I could see. But I didn't know what it looked like till I had them on. If these are anything like the ones I had on my accord it would be a PITA.

@christobevii3, seem the same. Doubt they are as good but they don't mount to the brittle clear plastic the OEM ones do and they are working well.

@nihil1, I'll make one tomorrow at work. Got them on ebay.
    I apologize, I know I come off sounding like an a$$ sometimes. I you could snap a shot from the same location that would be awesome
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

Performance - 3.5 TurboSocks Beastmode SRI / 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / Custom Cold Pipe /
    TurboSmart VeePort Pro BOV / SECo Solenoid / HF ORHP / ADD W1 Catch Cans / 2.5 MBRP Pro Series Exhaust

Handling - Megan Racing Strut Bar / Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Beam / Uniq Rigid Collars
    Other - Homemade Vortex Generator / Quick Release Bumper / GlowShift Boost Gauge / Dipped Wheels
    Customized M&S Grill / Hella Horns

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links