Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Stage 1.5, up and running again!

23K views 156 replies 36 participants last post by  Gina@Tork 
#1 ·
New engine in the shop car is finally broken in and we loaded up the Stage 1.5 for some additional testing and WOW!!!

The new exhaust (full 3 inch from the turbo back) and 3.5 CAI really made a difference. I think this is the highest WHP we have seen at or near 7k RPM and the tune is a very conservative tune (bench flashed tune). With a few weeks of adaptive learning on it we should have the car back on the dyno to see the final numbers that it makes. We will re-post those results when we have them.

Mods:
3" turbo back
Hot side pipe replacement
3.5 CAI
Tork Tune Stage 1.5

Upgrades coming soon:
WMI
FMIC
BOV

We hope to see 280 WHP made at 24 psi with WMI, then we will run some race gas and shoot for that 300 WHP record!!! Yes, all this on the stock turbo :).

Text White Line Font Parallel

Thanks,

John

See less See more
#4 ·
Holy shit, you actually held 25psi all the way to 6k rpm.
Yes, and we have even more control left on the maps but air temps were getting a little "hot" with the factory intercooler on the car. When we have our prototype on the car, we should be able to do some real testing to see just how far the factory turbo can be pushed. Just to give you an idea... I have not even touched WGA duty cycle "max" tables yet. We are still running factory max WDC values inside the tune. I suspect that with a good intercooler on the car, some aggressive tuning and race fuel, we might be able to get away with 28 psi through the whole curve. The stock turbo is very under rated.

#7 ·
If I get a stage 1 A/T tune now when your intercooler comes out will there be a discount to upgrade to a 1.5 or a revision? What kind of prices are we talking?

Reactions: velosterdude30
#8 ·
So you're saying i need to make a trip across the US in the future

Reactions: Sales@Tork
#10 ·
Any revision to this 1.5? Or still the same :0

#26 ·
there is a large contingent of VT owners on the "other" site and growing a few weekly. John you are more than welcome to join up.

Reactions: Joesyah
#28 ·
When my clutch breaks in I will be on a dyno finally haha out of alot of math and assumptions I can guess 230-240

#29 ·
For a stage 1 lol

#41 ·
Hey John,
Curious if you could do a canned stage 1.5 A/T tuned for meth? This would be an upgrade from stage 1.something or other. Or would I need to be looking at an event custom tune from you around VA?

#43 ·
YES haha I'm thinking about doing meth as well depends on when his ic comes out!!

#42 ·
John - you guys got me 237HP on my A/T VT with your Stage 1 Dyno/Tune.............very close to your quoted max for Stage 1.5! WOW! WHAT a DEAL!!!

Reactions: SnailPower
#45 ·
Yea that is about right. If you trigger an overboost CEL, it puts the car into limp mode and I think it only allows like 10psi or something.

If your boost gauge is showing a wavy/bouncy needle upon hitting a certain psi, that's compressor surge.

#55 ·
sorry john for asking, but what is a WMI??

#58 ·
Just gonna re-ask this :smile:

Hey John,
Curious if you could do a canned stage 1.5 A/T tuned for meth? This would be an upgrade from stage 1.something or other. Or would I need to be looking at an event custom tune from you around VA?

#59 ·
Yes we can, we have tuned two different cars on methanol and we know what parameters need to be adjusted for methanol tuned cars.

I would like to custom tune it... but canned tune wouldn't be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.