Veloster Turbo Forum

Forge BOV Turbo Veloster

This is a discussion on Forge BOV Turbo Veloster within the UNIQ Performance forums, part of the VelosterTurbo.org Sponsors category; Ok Guys!! We have the Forge Blow OFf Valve from the Genesis Coupe which has been confirmed will bolt onto the Turbo Veloster...A must for ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Forge BOV Turbo Veloster

VelosterTurbo.org Sponsor
    This user has no status.

Forge BOV Turbo Veloster

Ok Guys!!
    We have the Forge Blow OFf Valve from the Genesis Coupe which has been confirmed will bolt onto the Turbo Veloster...A must for Boosted cars

Here is the link

http://uniqperformance.ca/products-p...onata-2011-2t/

Description

- Billet aluminum construction
    - Viton silicone o-ring sealed piston-based internals – no diaphragm to fail
    - 3 interchangable springs and included shims to adjust for varying boost levels
    - o-ring sealed cap with swivel vacuum nipple
    - fully rebuildable

The Forge direct replacement blow-off valve is designed to be a more durable and performance oriented valve than the OEM unit. The OEM valve is suitable for stock boost levels for a period of time, however, once boost pressure is raised, and after prolonged use, the stock valve will no longer be adequate. Raising the boost output of the vehicle will have a number of effects on the OEM valve. First and foremost, the additional boost pressure will quickly exceed the capacity of the OEM spring to keep the valve closed under higher boost levels. Since you cannot change the springs in the OEM valve, it cannot be adjusted for higher boost levels. Secondly, the additional heat generated by the increased boost will quickly deteriorate the OEM rubber valve diaphragm, which will also lose strength with repeated oscillations. The Forge valve uses full billet aluminum construction and Viton silicone o-rings that will withstand the highest boost levels and repeated abuse. It is also tunable for varying boost levels with the included spring tuning kit. If there is ever a problem with the valve such as a torn o-ring, replacements are available free of charge, and the valve is fully rebuildable. Because the Genesis Coupe 2.0T does not use a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, there is no reason that the residual boost pressure at throttle lift cannot be vented to the atmosphere such as with this valve. The engine management does not meter the air volume entering the engine, so this residual pressure can be discharged without any adverse affects on the performance or driveability of the vehicle. Additionally, the valve being open at an idle or vacuum condition is a normal occurance, and is not indicative of a leaking valve. If the intake manifold is in vacuum, even while cruising at speed, the valve may be open. The OEM valve operates in this same manner, however, it is just not visible/audible because it is recirculating instead of vented to the atmosphere. Using a stiffer spring to keep the valve closed at a vacuum condition may result in too stiff of a spring tension to effectively discharge pressure at a throttle lift condition
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 2uniq; 08-21-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    www.turbosocks.com

just to help push this mod. I am the one to have tried this out and it DOES work.. Direct Bolt on as Rob said.

Keep the Green spring installed when you get it. The yellow seems a little stiff and seems to have set off CEL P2261. The cause is because when warming the car up, there isn't enough vacuum to open it under light load. This can be remedied by letting it warm up before boosting at all or just low revs for the first mile or so.

dascrow likes this.
    Vitamin-C Vturbo owner...... with a handful o' mods.. more or less
    Now taking Bill Me Later and Credit Card Payments!!
    Turbosocks VTurbo STORE!!

Big FMIC kit, CAI/SRI/FMIC CAI, Rigid Collars, Diode Dynamics Dealer, Strut Bars, Coilovers, Uniq bracing kit, Oil Cooler kit, Mesh fog surrounds, Functional hood vents, etc!!! Tune coming soon, big turbo kit coming FY14!

Your one stop Veloster Turbo source for performance, suspension, lighting and great customer service!

This user has no status.

does the cel come on with the green spring?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosocks View Post
    just to help push this mod. I am the one to have tried this out and it DOES work.. Direct Bolt on as Rob said.

Keep the Green spring installed when you get it. The yellow seems a little stiff and seems to have set off CEL P2261. The cause is because when warming the car up, there isn't enough vacuum to open it under light load. This can be remedied by letting it warm up before boosting at all or just low revs for the first mile or so.

Thansk Buddy for posting pics up
    We actually tested it locally and worked like a charm and confired it fits

Got my VT

Can we hear it in action ? Maybe a short video clip?

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    www.turbosocks.com

<200$ for something made this well is a pretty good deal. There is no chance of this thing leaking or having a diaphragm fail since it is piston based.

I would recommend keeping the green spring in instead of going to the yellow like I did to prevent the CEL P2261.

Don't mind the focus :P just listen to the video

Veloster_turbo :: DSC_0051.mp4 video by turbosocks-D40 - Photobucket
    Vitamin-C Vturbo owner...... with a handful o' mods.. more or less
    Now taking Bill Me Later and Credit Card Payments!!
    Turbosocks VTurbo STORE!!

Big FMIC kit, CAI/SRI/FMIC CAI, Rigid Collars, Diode Dynamics Dealer, Strut Bars, Coilovers, Uniq bracing kit, Oil Cooler kit, Mesh fog surrounds, Functional hood vents, etc!!! Tune coming soon, big turbo kit coming FY14!

Your one stop Veloster Turbo source for performance, suspension, lighting and great customer service!

This user has no status.

IN stock and ready to ship guys

finally a Marathon Blue M/T
    Ultimate owner!!!!

Any thoughs for a discounted "group buy"?????

This user has no status.

Thank you for your payment guys
    Orders will ship Monday

I have 10 left in stock

Premium Member
    (╯□)

So is there a discounted group rate or not? If so, let me know and I'll get one as well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links