2016 headlights - Page 5

Veloster Turbo Forum

2016 headlights

This is a discussion on 2016 headlights within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by dare You can only do so much with the factory halogen projector. It'll always leave something to be desired no matter what ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2016 headlights

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dare View Post
    You can only do so much with the factory halogen projector. It'll always leave something to be desired no matter what you drop in. An H9 bulb would be your best bet with up to a 60% increase in light output. The reflector bowl was designed for a halogen bulb and dropping in an HID kit will lead to a burnt bowl and worse output caused by the UV lighting put off by the HID bulbs. Stick with halogen.

Without opening your headlights, an H9 bulb swap is the best thing you can do to improve your output.

Now if you're up for opening, there are a couple options. I was messing with a clear lens swap and some fine tuning on a factory KDM projector (hence the step). Here's what I was able to achieve with the factory halogen bulb. Nice sharp cutoff with blues and purple as well as a more intense hotspot. Swapping to an H9 bulb would yield better results.

Attachment 69282

Attachment 69290

I also have brackets that make any mini H1 projector a direct bolt in to the factory assembly. No modification necessary. This allows you to PROPERLY run an HID setup without the fear of damaging the bowl. The new projectors are also bi-xenon which means it will also function as your high beam. With your factory halogen high beams and these projectors, you will have 4 high beams lighting your way. This is the best possible modification (currently ) you can do to your headlights to improve your night vision. Example of Mini H1 projectors installed in a Veloster headlight below.

Attachment 69298

Cliffs-

-Swap to an H9. Don't run HIDs. Potential to ruin your headlights.
    -Clear lens swap can lead to better output with the factory projector.
    -Brackets available to swap out the projector for a proper bi-xenon setup.
    Do you have a link to the plug that is needed to adapt the H9 idea?
    Last edited by bcraig70; 01-20-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Pierce Motorsports: 2 Point lower front brace, crash bar
    Turbosocks: FMIC (TRYING TO GET THIS CRAP REPLACED BY THE 6TH FMIC)
    Tippett Auto Design: Paddle shifter extensions, Mesh fog surrounds, Mesh rear diffuser
    6th Element Engineering: Vacuum flange, 3.5" CAI, SS Fuel pump feed line
    Ark Racing: ARK GT-S lowering springs
    Mobis: Front struts and Rear shocks
    Street Gear: 18x7.5, 40 offset, 73 hub bore 5x114.3 black with machined face with 15mm spacers
    Solo Performance: 3" exhaust, and HF downpipe
    Prosport: Boost, Voltage, oil temp, oil pressure gauges
    JCS: Triple pod pillar
    Aeroforce: Single gauge door pod
    Whiteline: Rear sway bar, front sway bar end links
    Add W1: Blue baffled catch cans x2 with stainless steel braided lines and AN fittings
    CustomCarGrills: Plastic Diamond Grill Mesh Sheet
    Uniq Performance: HKS BOV and plugs, rigid collars, Strut bar, Hella horns
    Torque Solutions:: Exhaust mounts
    Redline: Hood lifts hydro dipped by Kingsmen Kustoms
    Snoopy Panda: Upgraded solenoid
    Kingsmen Kustoms: Hydro dipped engine and fuse box cover, VIS CF hood panels
    Diode Dynamics: HID's, and licence plate leds
    VIS: 6 vented carbon fiber hood
    RSW: Rear Wing GT Spoiler
    Luxon: Rear seat floor bar and interior rear "X" bar

WISH LIST: 6TH Element Designs FMIC kit, Tune

This user has no status.

I went with the piaa extreme white bulbs i got them off ebay for around 50.00 they help a little better than stock. i have a friend who tied the hid swap but his results were marginally batter than my piaa's . i believe its in the quality of the projector , they need to get a better projector of go full hid which would better

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by didisinned View Post
    If you're going to be installing the HID's, be prepared to do quite a bit of work on them.

such as:

- taking off the bumper
    - dremeling holes into the headlight cap (that keep the dust out I suppose)

The results are very rewarding, but it's not a simple 10-15 min process like it was on my other cars.

I went with Morimoto's but had some issues with them so I would acutally just go for DiodeDynamics and also pick up a pair of the same temperature fog light LED's as well (which are simple plug & play) if you care about your lights all matching
    I had the Diode Dynamics HID's installed on my 16 VT and it took them 1 hour and they sure didn't have to remove the bumper. The place that I had them installed did a very clean job routing the wiring and mounting the ballast. They do need to be aimed though.And no hole drilling required.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links