Passenger side mirror replacement

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Passenger side mirror replacement within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; I may need to replace the passenger side mirror in Slapshift's 2013 VT. Her car is blue and I think I've found some on eBay ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Don73
  • 1 Post By 999RXerox
  • 1 Post By WhiteBoy
  • 1 Post By Robotech

Thread: Passenger side mirror replacement

Still figuring out where to
    find status

I may need to replace the passenger side mirror in Slapshift's 2013 VT. Her car is blue and I think I've found some on eBay pre-painted to match her color.

She said she damaged it by hitting it on the garage door while backing out of our garage but I know these mirrors fold so I'm not sure if she just folded it back or really broke it.

Either way, how difficult is it to replace the whole mirror assembly? I did a search on here and didn't come across any thread that look like it spoke about replacing one of the side mirrors. Any help here would be welcome.
    GF's car: 2013 Veloster Turbo - Mods: HKS Style BOV, ORHP, dipped grill/emblems, LEDs, Drag DR-62 wheels, TB Coolant bypass, Tork Ridged Collars, OCC, Valve cover breather, 75A lower mount, 3.5" scratch-built SRI, PMS Front Sway Bar, Torsion bar, 6 point brace, strut tower brace, MagnaFlow Exhaust, HSD Coilovers.
    Next: SCGW Steering Wheel, hood vents...and a lot, lot more.

My car: 2007 Saturn Sky 2.4 - well...a lot.

This user has no status.

Very easy. There is a triangular piece of plastic that covers the bolts which can be removed with a flat screw driver. The bolts are then accessible, just unplug the wire connector.
    Robotech likes this.

find status

Is this plastic piece inside the car I'm assuming?
    GF's car: 2013 Veloster Turbo - Mods: HKS Style BOV, ORHP, dipped grill/emblems, LEDs, Drag DR-62 wheels, TB Coolant bypass, Tork Ridged Collars, OCC, Valve cover breather, 75A lower mount, 3.5" scratch-built SRI, PMS Front Sway Bar, Torsion bar, 6 point brace, strut tower brace, MagnaFlow Exhaust, HSD Coilovers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Yes. On the inside of the car, where the mirror attaches to the car.

Only got a gallon in the gas
    tank, but I'm almost at the
    finish line, so I can't stop
    now.

Hope this helps:

Name:  OM.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  74.3 KB
    Robotech likes this.

Proudly using parts / services by:
    6th Element Engineering, 845 Motorsports, BC Racing, Diode Dynamics, Essendon Hyundai, Final Inspection, Glow Shift, Jun BL, K-Sport, NST Pulleys, Pierce Motorsports, Morimoto, Non Stop Tuning, Pro Flow, Race Ramps, Rajab Racing Developments, Rockford Fosgate, Roll Control, So Cal Garage Works, Synapse, Tippett Auto Design, Tork Motorsports, XKGlow

@Captain_Hyundai

the wire runs down inside the door panel so you might need to pull the whole door panel. There is a cap behind the door lever that you pop out with a screw driver on plastic flat edge. Then there is a screw in the door handle, and a couple 10mm bolts in the color accent handle.. The rest just pops off... I uses a plastic pry bar thing.. Once you get it all popped off you lift up and unplug all plugs..
    Robotech likes this.

find status

Fantastic! Just what I needed guys thanks!

I got home yesterday and took a look at things. The mirror isn't broken, but she popped off the black plastic trim piece and the mirror itself from the housing. The black trim piece is pretty banged up where it caught the garage door but other than that it looks okay and I was able to get everything back together. It will work for now but I'm sure she'll want to replace it sometime soon so it looks the way it should.
    Mr.MattyV likes this.

Sponsored Links