Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Sequential Tail Lights Complete - Video!!

19K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  tubbs232 
#1 ·
Been planning this out since the end of 2015 and was finally able to knock it out.

Tails have a car on/off sequence, a running lights on/off sequence, sequential turn signal, and a looping show mode (fully customizable). Also, with sequential turn signal above, the lower spot that used to be used for the amber turn signal can now be an additional reverse light (must convert to LED). Functional!

Enjoy-

#4 ·
That's really cool, and something I've been thinking about since I got mine. Did you do this with a kit like the XKchrome? I'd love to play around with making some effects, It may not be the best of ideas for safety reasons, but has anyone ever made a sequential brake light? One that would increase it's number of lights(smaller led ones) as the brake pressure increased? I've often found it odd that you can't tell (at least from a distance) if someone is lightly pressing their brake or full on foot to the floor braking, and on the highway or at high speeds it makes a pretty significant difference to how fast they are slowing down. Would be cool if with light braking the bottom bright brake light come on, but maybe only lights a couple rows of the smaller leds above them, then as more pressure is applied to the brake more of the smaller leds could light up, or progressively increase their brightness.

#8 ·
If it would be reasonable I'd definitely want it !! I understand cost and expense and labor though have to be accounted in pricing....
If you need another set to practice on and want to advertise in the market down in the south, I will volunteer to send you mine then advertise for ya constantly !!! :))

#11 ·
That is nuts. If you're planning on offering this service to others, I'm interested. I don't think I have the eyesight or patience at my old age to do these. LOL

#14 ·
I can only imagine fully sequenced headlights and tail lights. Apart from the start up/shut down/running lights on sequences these look OEM. Mini H1s in the headlights with the XK Glow sequential strips you had used would complete this. Ohhhhhh how I need these.

#18 ·
Is it possible for you to sell the sequencer pre-programmed so we can try this ourselves? or am i way in over my head. Im pretty good at wiring stuff but ive never worked with a sequencer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.