Weekend Spoiler Project - molded Sequence Devil replica - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Weekend Spoiler Project - molded Sequence Devil replica

This is a discussion on Weekend Spoiler Project - molded Sequence Devil replica within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Good news is the paint seems to have cured properly. This was not at all guaranteed after I rushed through painting in a garage at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Weekend Spoiler Project - molded Sequence Devil replica

Spoiler alert

Good news is the paint seems to have cured properly. This was not at all guaranteed after I rushed through painting in a garage at 40-45 F, gave the piece about four hours drying indoors at room temperature, and installed just in time to leave the car outside overnight in high winds and snow squalls. My backup plan was to sand it down and hit it with Plasti-dip, but I guess won't need to.

Definitely adds weight to the hatch, and I'm casually searching for stronger lift struts if anyone has found something that works. My fresh 2016 struts keep the lid open for about 5 seconds on a calm day, before letting it down somewhat gently. Not looking forward to an incline, strong wind, or snow load on top of that.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition
    Performance: SXTH SRI & Shifter Bushings / Xenon Element ORHP / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Inserts
    Interior: JCS Dual Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Custom Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler
    Misc: Saikou Michi dual OCC / Cerma Engine, Nano, Transmission Treatments

2013 with 61,300+ miles...

I agree with you that it is the best looking spoiler for the car from most angles. I wish they would make this spoiler without the tips that curl back in toward the car, but oh well.

Nice job! Looks much better as a stand alone unit rather than something tacked onto the stock spoiler.
    geekdragon likes this.
    I bought some stuff...put it on the car...liked it...and bought some more stuff...

This user has no status.

This is probably the only spoiler i would consider doing as well. Turned out great. Seeing it spoilerless actually has my gears turning now though haha.
    Go Fast: 6EE CAI, Pierce HFC, MagnaFlow Catback, Resonator Delete, ORCP, 60mm TB, 3TBS
    Twisties: Pierce Upper Rear Chassis Brace, Pierce torsion bar, Pierce strut bar, Pierce 2 point subframe brace, Rigid Collars
    Looks: NIA Eyebrows, 35% tint, Motegi SP10s, 35% smoked tails, neochrome fogs

To come: tune???, ORHP, Modded OEM IC w/ Shroud, J-pipe

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by Manofdust23 View Post
    I wish they would make this spoiler without the tips that curl back in toward the car, but oh well.
    Those are the least attractive feature for me too. It occurred to me that I might be able to modify the tips, but I decided I was already pushing my luck and skill-level with the project.
    Last edited by geekdragon; 02-17-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Performance: SXTH SRI & Shifter Bushings / Xenon Element ORHP / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Custom Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by Rmas101 View Post
    Seeing it spoilerless actually has my gears turning now though haha.
    I'd be curious about what sort of option you might come up with. You would have to put *something* there to protect all the exposed glass edges. I was paranoid that I'd accidentally bump one of those edges, especially in the freezing cold, and end up with a cargo area full of glass shards.

This user has a status.

Just install a NAV hatch or whatever part of the hatch would delete the spoiler.

Name:  IMG_20120820_164312.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  507.8 KB

Guess that would be a NAV spoiler. Its basically a glorified high-mount brake light holder.
    Last edited by Bigbird; 02-17-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    geekdragon likes this.

Go Faster : TurboXs BOV : XE ORCP : XE ORHP : ProSport Catch Can : Pierce Catless Down Pipe : Stock Catback w/ Remote Cutout : SXTH Shifter Bushings : Tork SS : NST Pullie : SXTH SRI : Custom J-pipe : Tork Stage 1 Tune : HKS M40XL Plugs
    Handling : BC Coilovers : Pierce Torsion Bar : Pierce Street Tower Bar : Pierce 2 pt front brace : Torque Solutions Lower Bushings: 19x8 Racing Hart C2 : 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1R
    The Looks : HIDs : NEFD Rear Diffuser : Sequence Lip and Spats

This user has no status.

Looks good OP. This is the exact spoiler I want.

This user has no status.

geekdragon likes this.
    Rides:
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition (daily car)
    1991 Toyota Celica GTS (mod car)

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    But I don't have the.... oh, shit. Would you believe that until this very moment, I didn't realize those were "optional" OEM mudguards? They came with the car when I bought it. I literally just checked Google images to confirm that other Rallys don't have them.

So... um... whoops. Please don't kill me. It's a knock-off spoiler. Everyone will be able to tell if you have an authentic one. Maybe. (Sorry?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links