Front bumper sag - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Front bumper sag

This is a discussion on Front bumper sag within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Whiteboy please share as I take my bumper off all the time but still sags a little...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Front bumper sag

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

Whiteboy please share as I take my bumper off all the time but still sags a little

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by toadstool View Post
    Mine sags but thats cause the clips under my light are broken. Do you have a stock crash bar and grille? If so, check the tabs from the grille that are supposed to rest on the crash bar to make sure they arent worn/bent/broken.
    I have the Pierce crash bar. Would that be the reason it's sagging? Actually now that you mention it, that is more than likely the reason... Maybe I can somehow use the aftermarket crash bar to help support the bumper.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBoy View Post
    I made a bolt in fix for this and its holding up nicely. Might have something available through Pierce Motorsports very soon. Ill take some pics on Saturday and see what we can do to make these available.
    You've gotta let us know mannnn.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuns View Post
    I have the Pierce crash bar. Would that be the reason it's sagging? Actually now that you mention it, that is more than likely the reason... Maybe I can somehow use the aftermarket crash bar to help support the bumper.
    Maybe, im not familar with the fitment of the pierce crash bar since i dont have one but i do know that the grille rests on the stock crashbar right behind the plate. Just an idea to check out cause my bumper started to crack in that area from not having the proper supports.

This user has no status.

I made a bolt in fix for this and its holding up nicely. Might have something available through Pierce Motorsports very soon. Ill take some pics on Saturday and see what we can do to make these available.
    Yea ive been patiently waiting lol

@Captain_Hyundai

lol i know toad... Sorry man. Ill get pictures and get things rolling this weekend.. Just been busy..

I basically took some of the stock flimsy brackets and made some hand made ones out of 1/8 steel. The stock bracket allowed the bumper to drop about 1/2 inch.. The steel ones hold steady and hold the bumper in place even with out the headlight bracket and the Pierce crash bar. Whats taking me so long is i wanted to make sure it doesnt slowly start to sag over time.. So far they are working... They are far from pretty, but they work

I talked to Jim about making a kit for you guys and we will work out the details a bit more this weekend.. Im also incorporating some Dzus quick release fastners with this, but because of the thickness of the steel i used i need to find the right size...

This user has no status.

lol i know toad... Sorry man. Ill get pictures and get things rolling this weekend.. Just been busy..

I basically took some of the stock flimsy brackets and made some hand made ones out of 1/8 steel. The stock bracket allowed the bumper to drop about 1/2 inch.. The steel ones hold steady and hold the bumper in place even with out the headlight bracket and the Pierce crash bar. Whats taking me so long is i wanted to make sure it doesnt slowly start to sag over time.. So far they are working... They are far from pretty, but they work

I talked to Jim about making a kit for you guys and we will work out the details a bit more this weekend.. Im also incorporating some Dzus quick release fastners with this, but because of the thickness of the steel i used i need to find the right size...
    Lol youre good man. If you need some help testing you know im your guy.
    WhiteBoy likes this.

This user has no status.

If you could get Pierce to make something like that, I'd instantly buy it.
    WhiteBoy likes this.

Keep Calm & Chive On

I am all over this if it happens! I want to do a new grill and knowing the primary support is on top of the crash bar means I'll definitely have to craft something else up. I need to talk to Chris and find out what he did since he has a full mesh grill. Or Bruce...but I know originally the billet grill was bolted to the factory crash bar on his.

Count me in for any testing on that kit. I'm definitely behind this 100%.
    WhiteBoy likes this.
    2013 Marathon Blue VT M/T - "RIPTOR"
    -Injen SRI w/heat wrap -TAD Hood Vents -TS Rigid Collar Kit -STI Front Lip -2015 Engine & Turbo (boom)
    -DD LEDs -DD RGB Footwell Kit -exLED Door Sills -exLED Rear Reflectors -Rally Armor Flaps
    -PMS 6-pt Chassis Brace -PMS Street Strut Bar -PMS Rear Torsion Bar -PMS Crash Bar -PMS Front Sway Bar
    -Tork Lower Motor Mount -TWM Shifter Bushings -Tork Short Shifter -Tork Pipe -OBDLink MX BT OBD2 Adapter
    -Borla Exhaust -Redline Elite Hood Lifts -TS FMIC -Tork HFC DP -Tork Stage1 Dyno Tune
    -HKS MX45 Plugs -AMSOil 5W-30 Sig Series -Cooper Zeon RS3-A 225/40R18 Tires

@Captain_Hyundai

Of course i didnt have time to take a pic of the brackets i made, but i did order some parts to finish up my whole idea. But i will show you this in case you want to get creative and give it a go. Im just so time strapped at the moment... Sorry

Name:  intake 001.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  1.81 MB

I circled the stock bracket that i replaced. These stock brackets are very flimsy and allow the bumper to sag. I replace them with steal brackets i cut and bent to match the stock (Held on by 10mm bolt), drillled a couple holes, and that was about it. With the brackets i made you dont even need to use the stupid phillips plastic screw things, but i will put some Dzus clips there for fun.

The whole idea is to come up with something that we can take the bumper on and off as fast as possible without hurting the structure or trying to get to custom on fab work. I want to be able to pull the bumper off in 30 seconds or less and have the lines look factory (IE no sag).

These simple brackets took about 1 hour to come up with and are strong enough to hold the whole bumper up on their own. Meaning you dont need the head light clips or crash bar at all. The side mounting locations will get Quick release buttons and the inner wheel well bolt will get removed. The under side fender liner will get Dzus clips... The upper four bolts i would love to get some Dzus clips but would require drilling the bolt holes and placing a Dzus tap insert in each hole. Although it would not be hard those clips are expensive, so i opted to go with Billet knobs to replace the four bolts.. If they suck ill keep looking for other options...

So to sum up all this.. Price wise.. The brackets will in all honesty be the cheapest part, the clips are EXPENSIVE. I spent $75 on bolts and Dzus clips!! So we will try to some thing worked out soon. But in the mean time feel free to be creative.. Grab some material and go to town!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links