Front bumper sag - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

Front bumper sag

This is a discussion on Front bumper sag within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; I had thought about doing that. Glad to see it works. I have some thick aluminum stock here at the house. I know what I ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Front bumper sag

Banned
    I drive a ST!

I had thought about doing that. Glad to see it works. I have some thick aluminum stock here at the house. I know what I am doing this weekend. lol
    WhiteBoy likes this.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBoy View Post
    Of course i didnt have time to take a pic of the brackets i made, but i did order some parts to finish up my whole idea. But i will show you this in case you want to get creative and give it a go. Im just so time strapped at the moment... Sorry

PHOTO

I circled the stock bracket that i replaced. These stock brackets are very flimsy and allow the bumper to sag. I replace them with steal brackets i cut and bent to match the stock (Held on by 10mm bolt), drillled a couple holes, and that was about it. With the brackets i made you dont even need to use the stupid phillips plastic screw things, but i will put some Dzus clips there for fun.

The whole idea is to come up with something that we can take the bumper on and off as fast as possible without hurting the structure or trying to get to custom on fab work. I want to be able to pull the bumper off in 30 seconds or less and have the lines look factory (IE no sag).

These simple brackets took about 1 hour to come up with and are strong enough to hold the whole bumper up on their own. Meaning you dont need the head light clips or crash bar at all. The side mounting locations will get Quick release buttons and the inner wheel well bolt will get removed. The under side fender liner will get Dzus clips... The upper four bolts i would love to get some Dzus clips but would require drilling the bolt holes and placing a Dzus tap insert in each hole. Although it would not be hard those clips are expensive, so i opted to go with Billet knobs to replace the four bolts.. If they suck ill keep looking for other options...

So to sum up all this.. Price wise.. The brackets will in all honesty be the cheapest part, the clips are EXPENSIVE. I spent $75 on bolts and Dzus clips!! So we will try to some thing worked out soon. But in the mean time feel free to be creative.. Grab some material and go to town!
    ^^^This. Very nice. I dont have the tools with me to do this (recently moved) so im going to have to wait until it becomes available. Thanks for posting it up here though. Youve got a nice looking setup btw. And i agree it would be awesome to get the bumper on and off in under a minute.
    Last edited by swordfish; 09-15-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    WhiteBoy likes this.

@Captain_Hyundai

Change a few things since this picture was taken, but thank you for the compliment!!
    toadstool likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Only got a gallon in the gas
    tank, but I'm almost at the
    finish line, so I can't stop
    now.

Love your creativity Whiteboy!
    WhiteBoy likes this.

Proudly using parts / services by:
    6th Element Engineering, 845 Motorsports, BC Racing, Diode Dynamics, Essendon Hyundai, Final Inspection, Glow Shift, Jun BL, K-Sport, NST Pulleys, Pierce Motorsports, Morimoto, Non Stop Tuning, Pro Flow, Race Ramps, Rajab Racing Developments, Rockford Fosgate, Roll Control, So Cal Garage Works, Synapse, Tippett Auto Design, Tork Motorsports, XKGlow

@Captain_Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by 999RXerox View Post
    Love your creativity Whiteboy!
    Its from hours of sitting in a lawn chair in front of my car... If you stare at it long enough you get ideas. Most of them bad but there are a few gems that come out!

Only got a gallon in the gas
    tank, but I'm almost at the
    finish line, so I can't stop
    now.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBoy View Post
    Its from hours of sitting in a lawn chair in front of my car... If you stare at it long enough you get ideas. Most of them bad but there are a few gems that come out!
    Maybe you and Jim need to come up with a kit that can be offered for sale?

Proudly using parts / services by:
    6th Element Engineering, 845 Motorsports, BC Racing, Diode Dynamics, Essendon Hyundai, Final Inspection, Glow Shift, Jun BL, K-Sport, NST Pulleys, Pierce Motorsports, Morimoto, Non Stop Tuning, Pro Flow, Race Ramps, Rajab Racing Developments, Rockford Fosgate, Roll Control, So Cal Garage Works, Synapse, Tippett Auto Design, Tork Motorsports, XKGlow

bloop bloop...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuns View Post
    After taking my front bumper off and putting it back on a trillion times, It's decided to start sagging. I've taken it off and put it on more carefully making sure all the clips were in the right places, yet it still sags about half an inch roughly. Any ideas on how I should go about fixing it?
    Have you considered a bra?

Bloop bloop
    Last edited by nvyseal; 09-15-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    WhiteBoy, Tuns and Bri like this.
    All stock
    Sent from Veloster(.)org with love

@Captain_Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by 999RXerox View Post
    Maybe you and Jim need to come up with a kit that can be offered for sale?
    We briefly discussed it and threw around some ideas on how to best get this available.. We will come up with something for your guys..Its just a matter of figuring out how we want to go about making the brakets.. IF we were to sell only a handle full then we could hand make them.. However as i see this being a issue everyone will have at some point, i think we need to get these mass produced.. I will talk to him about it some more this coming saturday.. Shouldnt be hard either way, just need to hash out the details.
    999RXerox, alnkal and toadstool like this.

This user has no status.

How'd the hashing go? Can I start giving someone money?
    toadstool likes this.

@Captain_Hyundai

Well My car got backed into.. SO now that everything is bent its going to be awhile! Gosh dang it.. The sad part is i was going into the BOlt store to buy some more quick release bolts to test.. Everyone is Swamped until after SEMA, coupled with my car being broken its gonna be some time... Im waiting for the insurance to hurry the hell up and ill get back on this..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links