Front bumper sag - Page 9

Veloster Turbo Forum

Front bumper sag

This is a discussion on Front bumper sag within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by AZecorod Do the washers get installed vertically on the upper part of the bracket or are they installed horizontally on the lower ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Front bumper sag

@Captain_Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by AZecorod View Post
    Do the washers get installed vertically on the upper part of the bracket or are they installed horizontally on the lower part. I am guessing vertically and somehow making this strger to hold more weight? Thanks in advance about to work on my grill and would like to get zero sag.
    vertically Between the bracket and rad support.. Now even with these brackets you will still get the sag in the middle of the grill. The corners will be tight though..
    HellHunter likes this.
    Instagram: Captain_Hyundai

This user has no status.

Can you please tell me what you screwed into for support. I get that the bumper is resting and secured to this... But what about the other side? Thanks you in advance for my quest of no bumper sag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofdust23 View Post
    I made brackets to replace the stock mounting locations also. I used 1/8" aluminum for the upper brackets and 1/4" for the bottom plate. I drilled holes in the bottom plate to allow for drainage and to make it a little lighter. I sprayed everything with Undercoat for weather protection.

My fabrication skills suck (mostly because I don't have the right tools) but I am sharing anyway to try and give anyone else an idea of how to fix the sag.

Mine started sagging after the very first time I took the bumper off and it bothered me for more than two years before I made these brackets last month. Now the bumper sits where it is supposed too and looks a lot better.

Attachment 59705

This is the bottom plate installed. Just used some basic nuts and bolts to attach it to the bumper. The rear is attached with the three bolts that held the plastic weather guard in place. This plate replaces that plastic piece nicely. Sprayed everything down with Undercoat to help protect it (got a little too much in some areas).

Attachment 59713

Upper brackets replacing the factory ones. Holes are off center on the brackets but line up when I put the bumper on. Sprayed Undercoat on these too. Used the factory plastic screw-pins to hold in place (for now).

Attachment 59729

Brackets and plate before install.

EDIT: Here are some pictures of the bumper installed. You can see how tight it fights up against the headlights now. Also, I forgot to mention that with that bottom plate the bumper doesn't move at all. It feels solid.

Attachment 59753

Driver's Side.

Attachment 59761

Passenger's Side.

This user has no status.

Thank you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Sorry this was answered already. Thanks

Keep Calm & Chive On

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBoy View Post
    go buys some thick Grade 8 washers.. The 1 1/2 - 2" ones.. Place them between the bracket and rad support. Problem solved. It widens the load foot print enough to give it the strength it needs...

I knew when i came up with them damn things i should of just made them and sold them.. But it wasnt a 100% fix so i would feel bad taking peoples money.. Plus makes for a cool like DIY project
    So I did the thing and it definitely helped a lot.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    2013 Marathon Blue VT M/T - "RIPTOR"
    -Injen SRI w/heat wrap -TAD Hood Vents -TS Rigid Collar Kit -STI Front Lip -2015 Engine & Turbo (boom)
    -DD LEDs -DD RGB Footwell Kit -exLED Door Sills -exLED Rear Reflectors -Rally Armor Flaps
    -PMS 6-pt Chassis Brace -PMS Street Strut Bar -PMS Rear Torsion Bar -PMS Crash Bar -PMS Front Sway Bar
    -Tork Lower Motor Mount -TWM Shifter Bushings -Tork Short Shifter -Tork Pipe -OBDLink MX BT OBD2 Adapter
    -Borla Exhaust -Redline Elite Hood Lifts -TS FMIC -Tork HFC DP -Tork Stage1 Dyno Tune
    -HKS MX45 Plugs -AMSOil 5W-30 Sig Series -Cooper Zeon RS3-A 225/40R18 Tires

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Sponsored Links