Retrofitting 16+ navigation headunit

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Retrofitting 16+ navigation headunit within the Veloster Electronics forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Update: Original delivery date was Wednesday. This morning it was updated to TODAY! Unfortunately I am busy after work so I won't have much time ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Retrofitting 16+ navigation headunit

This user has no status.

Update: Original delivery date was Wednesday. This morning it was updated to TODAY! Unfortunately I am busy after work so I won't have much time to play around with it.

Request: Since I have a '13 I do not have access to the update from Hyundai to allow AA/CarPlay. Would someone on here with the fancy new radio be able to get me a copy of that update software? I thought someone posted a link once but I cant seem to find it now that I need it. Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.

It looks like I'm gonna need some new wiring and an additional antenna from what I can see so far.

Buy my love with corndogs

Well I did state you would need the GPS antenna wire from the telematics unit. Pics of the back of the headunit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

The part number that you initially provided seems to be for the USB cable. I believe I will need 96220-2V805 to go between the telematics unit and the head unit as well as part 96240-2V000. I have been referencing hyundaipartsdeal.com and the parts diagrams for a 2016 has an additional part as compared to the diagram for my 2013. I have included a couple pictures of the back of the radio as well as a couple screen captures of the parts diagrams.

Name:  IMG_5084.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  1.73 MB
    Name:  IMG_5085.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  1.75 MB
    Name:  pre2016.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  147.9 KB
    Name:  2016.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  126.7 KB
    MrPalms likes this.

This user has no status.

And one more picture of the unit with the cut off cords still attached.

Name:  IMG_5083.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  1.38 MB

This user has no status.

Just to document my thoughts for later, I came to the conclusion of needing 96220-2V805 from referencing the harness diagram and getting the part number from the 6" piece of cord still on the back of the head unit. That's all for now.

There are two additional coaxial ports on the back of the unit compared to earlier years' navigation units. I am thinking that one of the ports is for the additional antenna and the other port may be related to HD Radio. The HD Radio logo is on the front bezel near the SiriusXM logo so I am assuming that HD is also built in. If that is what the extra coax port is for then a new sharkfin with an HD antenna might also be needed...

I am still looking for the update software to enable AA/Carplay if anyone has it. TIA.
    Last edited by mehringe; 01-04-2017 at 08:32 AM.

This user has no status.

So I decided to try hooking up the radio in the car without the additional antenna or wiring. The results were unfortunately disappointing. Has anyone seen anything like this before with other radio replacements, either aftermarket or direct OEM replacements?

it is messing with the CAN bus. It is possible that the wire positions int he connectors has switched. Let me check that for you

This user has no status.

That is what I was leaning towards. I found a pin out for older radios and it didn't seem to match the cut off wires that were in the connectors that came with the new unit. Do you have access to the Hyundai service manuals? Is that access something that would be possible to share?
    Mr.MattyV likes this.

I do have access and it is not shareable. But I can share the information. I am trying to dig through it. It seems that there are 6 different connector diagrams for the back of a 2016 radio

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links