Veloster Turbo Forum

LED hyperflashing

This is a discussion on LED hyperflashing within the Veloster Electronics forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; when I replaced my headlights with the full exLED headlights, the turn signals flash faster than normal. I've read that all LED turn signals require ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LED hyperflashing

This user has no status.

LED hyperflashing

when I replaced my headlights with the full exLED headlights, the turn signals flash faster than normal. I've read that all LED turn signals require a resistor to correct the hyperflashing.

These resistors came with the headlights, but no instructions for installation

I tapped the red/blue wire (+ turn signal) and grounded the other side to the negative battery.
    I'm still getting hyperflashing, any ideas?
    Last edited by EyesOpen; 05-18-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    2013 Veloster Turbo M/T | Elite White | Ultimate Package | Blue Interior
    Mods: Custom Dipped Wheels | Blue Dipped Lower Trim | Injen SRI | Forge BOV | 22% Tint | LED Cupholders | Million Color LED Interior, 8pc | exLED Headlights, Blue Devil's Eye w/ White Trim | 6000k HID lows & fogs | DD Stage 3 interior lights | (2) 12" Incriminator Audio 300w ea | Custom Euro Front Plate | Infinity Reference Door Speakers
    Wish List: Solo Exhaust | Blue LED Door Scuffs | White Headlight Eyelines

This user has no status.

I am interested to know too, I got my headlights on exled too.

Verbal Judo-Black Belt

you need to put the resistor in series i believe to add resistance and the way you did it, is now a parallel circuit which makes your issue worse. re-wire the resistor to the positive wire only like a fuse. my theory is correct but maybee not for this application. It couldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Dcannon203; 05-18-2013 at 11:26 PM.

This user has no status.

Dcannon203, do you mean to cut the red/blue wire (+ turn signal) and put the resistor in-line?
    Mods: Custom Dipped Wheels | Blue Dipped Lower Trim | Injen SRI | Forge BOV | 22% Tint | LED Cupholders | Million Color LED Interior, 8pc | exLED Headlights, Blue Devil's Eye w/ White Trim | 6000k HID lows & fogs | DD Stage 3 interior lights | (2) 12" Incriminator Audio 300w ea | Custom Euro Front Plate | Infinity Reference Door Speakers

Supporting Vendor
    www.tippettautodesign.com

Yes

Supporting Vendor
    Baller Status

When i have had to do this i have had to go across from the positive to the ground of the bulb thats flashing it wont work in series because it wont build resistance.

This user has no status.

Just tried in-line, does not help. I get the same results.
    Note I also have the exLED rear reflector LED modules, but they seem to have some sort of resistor/capacitor/diode - something hard and round encased in heat-shrink and filled with glue.
    I thought perhaps they were the cause of the hyperflashing.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GT800 View Post
    When i have had to do this i have had to go across from the positive to the ground of the bulb thats flashing it wont work in series because it wont build resistance.
    Which pin is ground? There are 3 or 4 black ones.
    Using a multimeter, only the top 3 wires have a constant 12V, the rest are all 0v.

Verbal Judo-Black Belt

grounds are what they call "common", so you can simply chassis ground it and it will do the same job for you. no need to find the ground wire on the harness. Resistors have no polarity so this whole module thing is weird to me.
    Last edited by Dcannon203; 05-19-2013 at 12:11 PM.

This user has no status.

That's what I first tried without any luck. Same bad luck tapping a ground on the plug. I'm about to contact exLED and see what they say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links