Veloster Turbo Forum

Garage door opener missing. No HomeLink?

This is a discussion on Garage door opener missing. No HomeLink? within the Veloster Electronics forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Picked up my red MT turbo tonight. Ultimate pkge w nav and disappointed that there appears to be no option to open electric garage door. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Garage door opener missing. No HomeLink?

Picked up my red MT turbo tonight. Ultimate pkge w nav and disappointed that there appears to be no option to open electric garage door. I did see an accessory for $205.00-250.00 but need to investigate further on how difficult install is. Anyone know anything different? Otherwise Love Love Love.

Halfway through my lease and
    Perla is doing great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Picked up my red MT turbo tonight. Ultimate pkge w nav and disappointed that there appears to be no option to open electric garage door. I did see an accessory for $205.00-250.00 but need to investigate further on how difficult install is. Anyone know anything different? Otherwise Love Love Love.
    The HomeLink rear view mirror is an option and not all VTs come with it; mine doesn't have it. I don't have a garage, but my parents have a gate that I could have used the homelink with. But you can always go to the dealer and have it installed.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

Your missing the auto dimming mirrors which includes homelink and bluelink bud. The price you found is about right but you'll have to remember they will most likely charge you for labor.

This user has no status.

How do I program my remote control?

Your remote control can be programmed to activate many devices, including gate operators, garage door openers, and commercial door openers.

Garage door opener: Located on the back or side of the motor unit (you may have to remove the light lens). The Learn button may be green, orange, red, purple, or yellow with a small LED next to it.

Gate operator or commercial door opener: Located on the control or logic board, with a small LED next to it.

mods coming!!!

I'm pretty sure he meant he doesn't have the Homelink Autodimming mirror.........

In which case, go to the dealer and ask for it to be installed. I had it installed, no installation fee.

I told them I'm not buying the car without that option (a bluff), but it worked.

This user has no status.

I have the homelink and the stupid thing won't learn my garage door no matter what I try. It's really aggravating.
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte black Hood stripe and side graphics - Pierce Motorsports VT-One and Rear Torsion Bar - TurboSocks Rigid Collars - Rev Motoring 75A Lower Engine Mount - DIY Intake - Tork Motorsports Turbo Resonator Delete

twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks with me - aiclimbingguide.com

mods coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boots Ylectric View Post
    I have the homelink and the stupid thing won't learn my garage door no matter what I try. It's really aggravating.
    Depend on your Garage opener, some have "rolling code", Most Genie system have that. So you'll have to hit the 'learn' button on the actual garage opener as well for it to learn.

This will require 2 people. Follow the instruction in the book, and it'll work.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhtvu2 View Post
    Depend on your Garage opener, some have "rolling code", Most Genie system have that. So you'll have to hit the 'learn' button on the actual garage opener as well for it to learn.

This will require 2 people. Follow the instruction in the book, and it'll work.
    Yup, that's what I was doing because I don't actually have the remote for my garage right now.
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte black Hood stripe and side graphics - Pierce Motorsports VT-One and Rear Torsion Bar - TurboSocks Rigid Collars - Rev Motoring 75A Lower Engine Mount - DIY Intake - Tork Motorsports Turbo Resonator Delete

twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks with me - aiclimbingguide.com

Premium Member
    Helloooooooooooooooo.

I'm lucky, mine had the Homelink Dimming Mirror installed at the port so I had no extra labor fees.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Keep Calm & Chive On

If you register on the Hyundai Service Site (check the maintenance thread for the post I put there), there are instructions for installing the Auto-dimming version (EC Mirror w/ Blue Link, HomeLink, & Compass) under "Technical Instruction." You need to change to 2012 model year though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links