Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Garage door opener missing. No HomeLink?

11K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  WillWhite 
#1 ·
Picked up my red MT turbo tonight. Ultimate pkge w nav and disappointed that there appears to be no option to open electric garage door. I did see an accessory for $205.00-250.00 but need to investigate further on how difficult install is. Anyone know anything different? Otherwise Love Love Love.

#2 ·
The HomeLink rear view mirror is an option and not all VTs come with it; mine doesn't have it. I don't have a garage, but my parents have a gate that I could have used the homelink with. But you can always go to the dealer and have it installed.

#4 ·
How do I program my remote control?

Your remote control can be programmed to activate many devices, including gate operators, garage door openers, and commercial door openers.

Garage door opener: Located on the back or side of the motor unit (you may have to remove the light lens). The Learn button may be green, orange, red, purple, or yellow with a small LED next to it.

Gate operator or commercial door opener: Located on the control or logic board, with a small LED next to it.

#5 ·
I'm pretty sure he meant he doesn't have the Homelink Autodimming mirror.........

In which case, go to the dealer and ask for it to be installed. I had it installed, no installation fee.

I told them I'm not buying the car without that option (a bluff), but it worked.

#6 ·
I have the homelink and the stupid thing won't learn my garage door no matter what I try. It's really aggravating.

#7 ·
Depend on your Garage opener, some have "rolling code", Most Genie system have that. So you'll have to hit the 'learn' button on the actual garage opener as well for it to learn.

This will require 2 people. Follow the instruction in the book, and it'll work.

#10 ·
If you register on the Hyundai Service Site (check the maintenance thread for the post I put there), there are instructions for installing the Auto-dimming version (EC Mirror w/ Blue Link, HomeLink, & Compass) under "Technical Instruction." You need to change to 2012 model year though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.