Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Yes a catchcan question...

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  14RspecVeloster 
#1 ·
Okay, I my engine to last long and I am planning on doing a dyno tune soon so I want to get a catchcan. My question is what is the best one to buy on a budget and what all do I need. (I'm surprised I cant find a kit for the VT yet..) Also what all can I do to make the engine last long and good, I use royal purple oil and 91 octane with techron at the moment.

Thank you for the help!

#2 ·
If you really can't find a catch can/double catch can kit for the VT, you're not really searching.

#3 ·
Pretty much any catch can will work. But aim for one that has...
- No sight tube (they leak)
- Internal baffling (it will catch more stuff)
You can get a universal one on ebay, or just about any one on ebay (mine was sold as a Tacoma kit). I scrapped crap hoses it came with and got a brass hose union at Home Depot.

#4 ·
We offer a Single Can kit and Dual Can kit.

The Single can kit will keep 90% off the badness filtered as long as you hook it to the PCV system as it's intended for.
The Dual kit allows you to filter the valve cover breather to intake line as well, but not as much comes out of that one.

Hope this helps! Also, use coupon code 6EVT and save 3% off the kit price.

Auto part Automotive window part Automotive engine part Automotive brake part

Auto part

Photography Auto part Vehicle Metal

#5 · (Edited)
Thank you for the reply! I think ill go for the single can kit (unless some one tells me the dual is a must have) I noticed it says you only have blue fitting color left, do you have a pic of that? Oh and I'm planning on getting pierces strut tower bar, will this effect it?

#7 ·
I will get pics up of the can with blue fittings this weekend when more cans arrive for stock.
I'll get a picture of the blue fittings up here and on the site in a little bit when the camera is done charging.

As for the pierce bar, I am not 100% sure at the moment. I haven't had an installer notify me if it didn't work with them.
I only had a person with the Uniq/Turbosocks bar notify me that the way the bar sits, the fittings at the top of the can won't work.

I can't tell 100% from the picture on Pierce's webiste, but if you can't get it to work, I can take the kit back, not a big deal.

#6 ·
Just ordered my single can kit. Cant wait to throw it on!!

#8 ·
Thank you! I'm not too worried about the pierce bar, I can always make it work once I get the bar (which isn't in the near future, a tune is)

#9 ·
Sorry forgot to show this here last night. I didn't want to offer blue or silver fittings at all, because black goes with everything.
However, my supplier ran out of black then ran out of silver, and all of the colors have LONG lead times.

So I bought all the silver and blue they had left while waiting on Black lol. The only fittings in the kit that change color are the barbed ones that go into the rubber hose and the reducers that go into the can.
The fittings on the stainless lines will always be black.

#10 ·
I'm torn between the dual and single right now. I don't want to buy the single and regret not getting the dual.

#18 ·
Are these baffled? I'm looking at the BTRcc tune and it says baffled catch cans are needed.

#19 ·
Got mine installed today. Love it!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

#20 ·
Is there any directions for this? Lol I got one can hooked up today and am not sure if its right (it works and functions right). I hooked the supply line to the existing hose rather than pulling it out and fighting getting my big hands in there.

#22 ·
I just replied to your PM. All of our instructions are posted in the "Support" section of our site.

Support

what happened to the best can on a budget lol because i dont call $400 for an occ a budget buy thats damn near a tune.
The Dual Kit is a little bit overkill, but the single kit is a pretty decent bargain considering what you are getting.
A lot of people don't want to worry about sourcing the correct parts so we are providing a worry free kit that works and all parts are top quality.

#23 ·

I spent the extra money because its a kit that looks like it was made to be there. The quality is top notch and customer service is even better! I'm pry going to move the one line around this weekend lol its a little odd looking there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.