Veloster Turbo Forum

Full Synthetic Oil vs. Synthetic Blend vs. Standard Oil

This is a discussion on Full Synthetic Oil vs. Synthetic Blend vs. Standard Oil within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Im looking for some expert opinions on which oil type is best and when it is best to implement full synthetic. I was once told ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Full Synthetic Oil vs. Synthetic Blend vs. Standard Oil

This user has no status.

Full Synthetic Oil vs. Synthetic Blend vs. Standard Oil

Im looking for some expert opinions on which oil type is best and when it is best to implement full synthetic. I was once told that its good to put about 4,000 miles on your car to break it in and then to run full synthetic from there on out. I did so on my 2002 Toyota Celica GT and I drove that car hard on a daily basis and put over 100,000 miles on it and it ran just as good as the day I bought it. Being that you could have 5,000 miles on the oil and it would be just as clear as the day it was put in... It had me wondering if there was any real advantage from a synthetic blend vs. full synthetic, etc. Any experts have an opinion on the matter?

Andy

Administrator
    Premium Member
    a Big Fan of the VT

Not an expert but I have been told by some mechanics that Full Synthetic is the way to go. 5,000 miles between oil changes is just as cost effective as going conventional plus the added protection. Nothing wrong with going the conventional way as long as you stay on top of it but personally it's synthetic for me.

Administrator
    Premium Member
    How Elite is Elite?

I've always gone full Synthetic in every car I've owned as well. Not sure it's worth it but I like giving my cars the very best

Administrator
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I like full synthetic myself, although conventional oil isn't bad by any means, it just breaks down more quickly, extended oil change intervals with conventional seem to allow much more carbon to stay in the engine (on all my old cars.. it's obvious when you pull off a valve cover, or drop the oil pan.

Full synthetic, if I am not mistaken is also better for turbocharged engines since it can withstand higher temperatures

This user has no status.

I have heard that 'synthetic blend' oils have no required standard (gee who would have thunk that oil companies might want to rip off the consumer), so they can put in 1% synthetic and call it a blend. If you're gonna do synthetic, I'd recommend going for the real deal and not risking what the blend might be. Otherwise, just stick to normal.

Premium Member
    Helloooooooooooooooo.

The car comes from the factory with full sythetic Quaker State if that matters at all.

is about to hop off the wagon!

i have always used full synthetic in all of my cars...i use to work for quik stop(oil change place) and the synthetic blends are a joke....i had a 95 bmw m3 that i used full synthetic on and it had over 250k on it when i got rear ended and the car was totaled.....sooo it just has always worked for me

TOOOOOOOOO Excited!!!!!

I've always used Full Synthetic no matter what the vehicle.. No way I'm changing habits now..
    VORTEX

Currently own 2012 Style/Tech M/T Marathon Blue Veloster..

Soon to own same thing but 2013 Turbo model...

This user has no status.

Thanks this was the perfect post for me to read.

In terms of Gas, should we be filling Premium too?

Does anyone know about injector cleaner additives? My friend said a turbo engine might need special injector cleaners later on

TOOOOOOOOO Excited!!!!!

This car will be tuned for regular gas but it doesn't mean it will hurt it with premium. I've honestly seen better results in all my vehicles by using premium and synthetic oil.
    VORTEX

Currently own 2012 Style/Tech M/T Marathon Blue Veloster..

Soon to own same thing but 2013 Turbo model...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links