18 psi?? - Page 5

Veloster Turbo Forum

18 psi??

This is a discussion on 18 psi?? within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; I think it is too soon to expect this, but an aftermarket EBCS (electronic boost control solenoid) with more ports than the factory will allow ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 18 psi??

Evo X to VT?

I think it is too soon to expect this, but an aftermarket EBCS (electronic boost control solenoid) with more ports than the factory will allow greater resolution in the maps in the ECU, but will require tuning or the boost WILL spike. This would be an inexpensive (except for the tuning) option for the greatest gain in power.

VT retired.

In cooler temps, the VT seems to heat up similar to my old 2000 Tiburon. If left idiling, it never really warmed up. But as soon as you drove it 5 blocks, temps came up quick.

I have noticed when driving the VT without being at full temperature, that it seems the boost pressures are vented. Pulling onto the freeway with engine temperature at about half of normal, the car is lacking power and has a noticeable hissing sound coming from under the hood. By the next light, engine temp at normal, hissing is gone and car drives like normal.
    Retired: Ultra Black 2013 Veloster Turbo A/T.

Running: Casablanca White 2014 Genesis Coupe 2T M/T

Watching people do their thing

Oh boy. I think you are a bit late in this thread. We run 18 PSI. End of story.
    Performance:
    Injen SRI with Heatshield | SFR ECU Tune | Custom catback | MBRP Hot Pipe | TurboXS BOV | Mishimoto OCC | Torque Solutions Engine Mounts

Suspension:
    Turbosocks Rigid Collars | Uniq Performance Strut Brace | Pierce Motorsport Rear Torsion Bar | Continental DWS 06 Tires | 20 mm Wheel Spacers | Eibach Lowering Springs

Visual:
    RGBW Interior Lighting | 6k HIDs from DD | NIA Carbon Fiber Mudflaps | Plasti dip wheels and skirts | Yellow Fog Lights | Front and Rear Tow Hook

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Vtracing1 View Post
    That sounds more realistic...everyone keeps saying 18 psi bs.. Sti is 18 psi and it feels like it.. VT were dailed down a lot because of warranty issues.. And we have a 7 lbs spring so 8 psi is about right..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtracing1 View Post
    Its too slow to have 18psi
    Not sure if serious?? Trollolol
    2015 Matte Grey VT Manual
    2014 Matte Grey VT Manual (Gone)
    35r powered Evo VIII
    05 Forester XT Premium

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    It's a trap!

Troll ban.
    rspec2014, gsrdude and J.Brown57 like this.
    - Jon

Black VT, MT w/ Ultimate click for build thread!

||| || | |||| | ||| ||||| | || ||| ||||| || |||
    Made by Hyundai / Derailed by Swordfish

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom X View Post
    I think it is too soon to expect this, but an aftermarket EBCS (electronic boost control solenoid) with more ports than the factory will allow greater resolution in the maps in the ECU, but will require tuning or the boost WILL spike. This would be an inexpensive (except for the tuning) option for the greatest gain in power.
    We have been talking about this in great deal. Problem. We have not had a problem sustaining boost levels to 7100 RPM. If peak power were falling off, we would be able to make a move on getting a better boost control solenoid on the car. We have not seen an issue yet. When we do, we will be working on getting that addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo 'ToonSter View Post
    In cooler temps, the VT seems to heat up similar to my old 2000 Tiburon. If left idiling, it never really warmed up. But as soon as you drove it 5 blocks, temps came up quick.

I have noticed when driving the VT without being at full temperature, that it seems the boost pressures are vented. Pulling onto the freeway with engine temperature at about half of normal, the car is lacking power and has a noticeable hissing sound coming from under the hood. By the next light, engine temp at normal, hissing is gone and car drives like normal.
    I really want to turn the fans on sooner and get a cooler t-stat for the VT. I have suspected that doing this would result in much lower running temps and offer up some gains in power. This is something we are currently working on in the shop and trying to get one ready for the Veloster Challenge.

Thanks,

John
    Home Of The Worlds Highest WHP and WTQ Stock Turbo VT, 267 WHP and 295 WTQ!!!

Contact us at 253-887-8305 or email us at sales@damnfastdd.com

Check out our website at www.damnfastdd.com

This user has no status.

Holy thread resurrection batman!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    TorkMe likes this.
    2015 A/T Ultra Black - Totaled

[Possible Salvage]
    SFR Canned tune | 6EE 3.5" SRI | Magnaflow Catback /w Solo Performance HFC | Braille 15LB Battery | VT-One Strut bar | -X- ORHP + ORCP | 60mm TB
    Rigid Collars | 6EE Engine Mount | NST Pulley Kit | Dual OCC | Synapse DV

[Unused/Unopened]
    6EE Fuel Line | Pierce Crash Bar | TXE

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandom18 View Post
    Holy thread resurrection batman!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    I didn't even catch that.
    Home Of The Worlds Highest WHP and WTQ Stock Turbo VT, 267 WHP and 295 WTQ!!!

Contact us at 253-887-8305 or email us at sales@damnfastdd.com

Check out our website at www.damnfastdd.com

This user has a status.

Quote Originally Posted by TorkMe View Post
    I really want to turn the fans on sooner and get a cooler t-stat for the VT. I have suspected that doing this would result in much lower running temps and offer up some gains in power. This is something we are currently working on in the shop and trying to get one ready for the Veloster Challenge.

Thanks,

John
    I've talked to Trdtoy about doing this. I'm gonna try it after I'm back from vaca and get my boost issues figured out.
    TorkMe likes this.

14 VT M/T Boston Red :: TurboXs BOV :: DIY Cold Pipe :: XE ORHP :: ProSport Catch Can :: Pierce Catless Down Pipe :: NAV J2 Axle Back :: 6EE Shifter Bushings :: Tork SS :: NST Pullie :: 6EE SRI :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: NGK 1422 Plugs :: BC Racing Coilovers :: Peirce Torsion Bar :: Peirce Street Tower Bar :: 19x8 Racing Hart C2 :: 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1R :: DD 4300K HIDs :: NEFD Rear Diffuser :: Sequence Bits

This user has no status.

Make sure you test if you do big bird. The LSX motors like to run hot for whatever reason so putting a cooler thermostat just fouled out the plugs quicker. Fans should run fully if a/c is on but shouldn't be hard to wire a relay from battery and disconnect factory harness to just kick on with the ignition.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links