Veloster Turbo Forum

18 psi??

This is a discussion on 18 psi?? within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; I think it is too soon to expect this, but an aftermarket EBCS (electronic boost control solenoid) with more ports than the factory will allow ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 18 psi??

Evo X to VT?

I think it is too soon to expect this, but an aftermarket EBCS (electronic boost control solenoid) with more ports than the factory will allow greater resolution in the maps in the ECU, but will require tuning or the boost WILL spike. This would be an inexpensive (except for the tuning) option for the greatest gain in power.

VT retired.

In cooler temps, the VT seems to heat up similar to my old 2000 Tiburon. If left idiling, it never really warmed up. But as soon as you drove it 5 blocks, temps came up quick.

I have noticed when driving the VT without being at full temperature, that it seems the boost pressures are vented. Pulling onto the freeway with engine temperature at about half of normal, the car is lacking power and has a noticeable hissing sound coming from under the hood. By the next light, engine temp at normal, hissing is gone and car drives like normal.
    Retired: Ultra Black 2013 Veloster Turbo A/T.

Running: Casablanca White 2014 Genesis Coupe 2T M/T

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Links