TurboSmart VT Kompact BOV - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

TurboSmart VT Kompact BOV

This is a discussion on TurboSmart VT Kompact BOV within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; I found this image of the engineers drawing, this is very similar to the VT one minus the optional fitting at the bottom as you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: TurboSmart VT Kompact BOV

I know nothing about cars

I found this image of the engineers drawing, this is very similar to the VT one minus the optional fitting at the bottom as you can see in my photos which have the flange and no fitting.

It is only 3 inches high and maybe just over 3 inches across...

Nerds... Hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    '16 Matte Gray Veloster Turbo 3.5" Turbosocks Intake MBRP Catback Tork Catless Downpipe
    845 Coldpipe and Hotpipe Synapse R35V BOV WGA Adjustment Mod 6EE Shifter Cable End Bushings 6EE Fuel Line Upgrade SoCal CF Fenders Seibon CF Hood EX LED KDM Spec Headlights
    Diode Dynamics LED Interior/Exterior Lighting UNIQ Rigid Collars BC Racing Type BR Coilovers
    Pierce VT ONE Strut Bar Pierce Rear Camber Kit Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 +35

This user has no status.

I have used a compact Turbo smart bov on a Turbo'd Gen 3.8 and it was nice. But I was considering the TurboXS sml unit.

Should I wait for the Turbo Smart unit or just get the Turbo xs unit?
    Last edited by instroke; 12-23-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Watching people do their thing

Couldn't tell you whether the turbosmart is better, but my TurboXS has been amazing. No issues, amazing sound, quick response, and install is easy.
    instroke and Bigbird like this.
    2016 VT Rally Edition

OEM Modified Airbox | ORCP | Clutch Switch Mod

To Be Installed:
    PMS Torsion Bar | Rigid Collars | 3TBS | 60MM TB w/ coolant bypass | SXTH fuel line | MBRP Catback w/ 2nd cat delete

Soon:
    ORHP | 3.5" Silicone ORIT | 3.5" XMOA | XE OCC | SXTH Cable End Bushings | SXTH custom tune

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has a status.

Quote Originally Posted by instroke View Post
    I have used a compact Turbo smart bov on a Turbo'd Gen 3.8 and it was nice. But I was considering the TurboXS sml unit.

Should I wait for the Turbo Smart unit or just get the Turbo xs unit?
    Turbosmart makes some good stuff but I too have used the turboXs and it's been good and appears smaller than the Turbosmart compact unit.
    instroke likes this.

Too many parts to list: My build thred.

Filthy humans!

So I put one of these on today, the "Plum Back" model. Took it out for a spin and it appears to hold boost and blow it off like it's s supposed to. I had no doubt that it would function being how it's made by Turbosmart. One thing about it that I particularly like is that it's not as sensitive as the OEM BPV. The stock one would vent pretty much anytime you took your foot off the accelerator whereas this one only appears to vent when there's boost.

I'm currently venting to atmosphere and was finding the stock valve a little annoying being as it was so noisy all the time. With this one I cut about a 4" inch piece of the stock tubing (the one that would attach to the intake) and ran that towards the engine bay. It's quieter than the OEM valve in this configuration.

Everything went together well except for one minor issue. When the front fascia piece was put back on it made contact with the top of the valve. This was alleviated by cutting off a small piece of the support structure underneath. This removed about 5mm of material which was just enough. Now, one could re-attach the front fascia piece without altering it, but having just that little bit of extra weight on the valve could cause issues down the road.

Here's where it was touching:

... and here's what was removed. About a 2"x2" square:

BTW, rather than start a new thread I figured it'd be ok to just add to this one
    Last edited by Incognito; 03-14-2017 at 03:12 PM.

This user has a status.

Well we know it's not as small as the name sounds but it uses a piston right? I'd like to hear a clip.

Hope Greg sees this as his site has it advertised as "no cutting required".
    Last edited by Bigbird; 03-14-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Filthy humans!

Yes, it uses a piston. Like I mentioned, one could technically put the front plastic back on without cutting it but personally I just wasn't very happy with that fitment. I could try to make a clip but my videos always come out like crap =/

Here's the piston...
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has a status.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Yes, it uses a piston. Like I mentioned, one could technically put the front plastic back on without cutting it but personally I just wasn't very happy with that fitment. I could try to make a clip but my videos always come out like crap =/

Here's the piston...
    Thought so, thanks. When my TurboXs goes bad I think this will be my replacement.
    Incognito likes this.

This user has no status.

I need to email turboxs if they have an adjust or spring kit. Mine is hyperactive letting off pressure. If not this one sounds like a decent replacement.

Filthy humans!

So I popped a P2261 code today. Guess I'll have to look at putting in a vacuum reservoir =(
    Unless somebody has a better idea...
    swordfish likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links