On the fence with a DP

Veloster Turbo Forum

On the fence with a DP

This is a discussion on On the fence with a DP within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; So I have been looking at all the different downpipes available and Im between two. I can't make up my mind between 845 or Tork. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: On the fence with a DP

Mehh...

On the fence with a DP

So I have been looking at all the different downpipes available and Im between two. I can't make up my mind between 845 or Tork. In all reality I would love to be able to pick up the XMDP that is currently being crafted but I want one before it becomes too much of a bitch for me to install, Im at 15,000 miles, and for the configuration I would need with the XMDP is gonna be out of my price range. Sucks because I know, just like all their other products, its quality will be outstanding and out perform everything else... Anyway back to where we were. I like that CEL won't pop on with 845 and the welding is done nicely with that DP. What I don't like is that the inlet is 1mm smaller than stock and it has that dip in the elbow that looks like it would disrupt flow. As for Tork, I like that it has higher flow than 845 and that I can get it sent already coated. What Im not a fan of is that I may throw CEL and the welding looks like it could be done better. I need some opinions! If you have either or perferably have even tried both let me know what you think. Which is the better bang for my buck? I keep leaning more towards Tork but I can't make up my mind and its making me crazy lol!
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

Performance - 3.5 TurboSocks Beastmode SRI / 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / Custom Cold Pipe /
    TurboSmart VeePort Pro BOV / SECo Solenoid / HF ORHP / ADD W1 Catch Cans / 2.5 MBRP Pro Series Exhaust

Handling - Megan Racing Strut Bar / Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Beam / Uniq Rigid Collars
    Other - Homemade Vortex Generator / Quick Release Bumper / GlowShift Boost Gauge / Dipped Wheels
    Customized M&S Grill / Hella Horns

...moar booooost...

Quote Originally Posted by DedMemBRaiNE View Post
    So I have been looking at all the different downpipes available and Im between two. I can't make up my mind between 845 or Tork. In all reality I would love to be able to pick up the XMDP that is currently being crafted but I want one before it becomes too much of a bitch for me to install, Im at 15,000 miles, and for the configuration I would need with the XMDP is gonna be out of my price range. Sucks because I know, just like all their other products, its quality will be outstanding and out perform everything else... Anyway back to where we were. I like that CEL won't pop on with 845 and the welding is done nicely with that DP. What I don't like is that the inlet is 1mm smaller than stock and it has that dip in the elbow that looks like it would disrupt flow. As for Tork, I like that it has higher flow than 845 and that I can get it sent already coated. What Im not a fan of is that I may throw CEL and the welding looks like it could be done better. I need some opinions! If you have either or perferably have even tried both let me know what you think. Which is the better bang for my buck? I keep leaning more towards Tork but I can't make up my mind and its making me crazy lol!
    I'm waiting to see how the XMDP turns out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2016 VT Tech Pkg M/T, B&M Short Shifter, Pacific Blue Metallic
    Modified 6EE SRI w/MASSIVE AEM Dry-Flow Filter | Xe HF ORHP | Tippett Rear Reflector Delete
    6EE Shifter Base & Cable Bushings & Shift Knob | Dual ADD W1 OCC's |

Soon:
    Thermo-Tec Heat Shield | Synapse R35 BOV | 60mm TB & Coolant Bypass | Xe 3TBS

Gone:
    2014 VT Ultimate - A/T - Tech Pkg w/ Sunroof - IronMan Silver

Mehh...

Quote Originally Posted by vincejr View Post
    I'm waiting to see how the XMDP turns out

So I take it your not happy with your 845 dp? I see in your signature that your currently running one.
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

Performance - 3.5 TurboSocks Beastmode SRI / 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / Custom Cold Pipe /
    TurboSmart VeePort Pro BOV / SECo Solenoid / HF ORHP / ADD W1 Catch Cans / 2.5 MBRP Pro Series Exhaust

Handling - Megan Racing Strut Bar / Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Beam / Uniq Rigid Collars
    Other - Homemade Vortex Generator / Quick Release Bumper / GlowShift Boost Gauge / Dipped Wheels

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Tork fitment of the o2 sensors is not ideal with the 2016's. I would look at getting the SXTH one.

Mehh...

Quote Originally Posted by christobevii3 View Post
    Tork fitment of the o2 sensors is not ideal with the 2016's. I would look at getting the SXTH one.
    SXTH wants almost $500 and its not even coated.. I wouldn't spend that much for something that, to me, is only appealing to those looking to swap it out at some point which I wouldn't be... For the design Id go 845 over SXTH.

Is it all that much of an issue with the o2 sensor with Tork? By that I mean is there an easy fix?
    Last edited by DedMemBRaiNE; 04-30-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

This user has no status.

He does not have the 845 DP or that car anymore.....

If you choose between 845 and tork I can't give you much help other than saying that a tork dp flows less than a TXE and 2.5" pierce dp. I would guess that an 845 would flow better than tork, but again, this would be an educated guess.

If you're considering the XMDP, I doubt that you'd rack up enough miles before one could be made that would change the chances of a stud breaking during install. With the size and geometry of the XMDP it will surely out flow any of the others out there.

The crazy thing here is trying to talk yourself out of what your gut is telling you to do.
    '15 Base auto VT: 3.5" XMOA, 3.5" ORIT, HF ORHP, mod oem ic, functional ic shroud, ORCP, 60 mm tb, tb coolant bypass, 3TBS, AEM water/meth injection, coolant bypass, NGK R2556B-9 plugs, TXE, Pierce catless dp, custom fuel line, NST light crank and WP pulleys, 160°f thermostat, SXTH Tune, SXTH lower mount, Kosei K4R 16" × 6.5", BFGOODRICH G-Force Comp-2 A/S.

Oem tune with 215 oem tires
    9.0 1/8 mile
    14.0 1/4 mile

SXTH Tune with 225 street tires
    8.7 1/8 mile
    ?.? 1/4 mile

...moar booooost...

Quote Originally Posted by DedMemBRaiNE View Post
    So I take it your not happy with your 845 dp? I see in your signature that your currently running one.
    Build quality and welds were amazing... It is a quality product. I was VERY happy on unpacking the box. However, their lambda o2 sensor bung was in the wrong spot by about .75" ... Causing the o2 sensor wires and metal housing to be smashed against​ the turbo coolant lines. I barely got the sensor in there and it'll never come out again w/o cross threading... I was on the phone with Kyle all night during the install and he never once offered to fix the problem... Except blamed Bill the welder for being drunk... So... I was disappointed to say the least. See pic for what I was dealing with...

I'm working on a new build on a 2016 MT VT... My 2014 is officially gone but I left the Sig up for now.

So this time around I'm looking for maximizing everything. And I am interested to see how the modularity works out on the XMDP.

Modified 6EE SRI w/MASSIVE AEM Dry-Flow Filter | Xe HF ORHP | Tippett Rear Reflector Delete

Soon:

Gone:

Mehh...

Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    He does not have the 845 DP or that car anymore.....

If you choose between 845 and tork I can't give you much help other than saying that a tork dp flows less than a TXE and 2.5" pierce dp. I would guess that an 845 would flow better than tork, but again, this would be an educated guess.

If you're considering the XMDP, I doubt that you'd rack up enough miles before one could be made that would change the chances of a stud breaking during install. With the size and geometry of the XMDP it will surely out flow any of the others out there.

The crazy thing here is trying to talk yourself out of what your gut is telling you to do.
    And I do want one, it looks like its coming along nicely! As expected. Ugh, I hate being impatient lol! I might just have to force myself to wait and start saving... Meh
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

Mehh...

Quote Originally Posted by vincejr View Post
    Build quality and welds were amazing... It is a quality product. I was VERY happy on unpacking the box. However, their lambda o2 sensor bung was in the wrong spot by about .75" ... Causing the o2 sensor wires and metal housing to be smashed against​ the turbo coolant lines. I barely got the sensor in there and it'll never come out again w/o cross threading... I was on the phone with Kyle all night during the install and he never once offered to fix the problem... Except blamed Bill the welder for being drunk... So... I was disappointed to say the least. See pic for what I was dealing with...

I'm working on a new build on a 2016 MT VT... My 2014 is officially gone but I left the Sig up for now.

So this time around I'm looking for maximizing everything. And I am interested to see how the modularity works out on the XMDP.

Thanks for that information and pic. This is very helpful, I think I too will be waiting for something I know is gonna rock. I really appreciate all the fast replies.
    vincejr likes this.
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

...moar booooost...

No problem, I just knew one day that sensor would become a serious issue...

Soon:

Gone:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links