Veloster Turbo Forum

Voice Recognition on Aussie VT's?

This is a discussion on Voice Recognition on Aussie VT's? within the Veloster Turbo Australia forums, part of the Veloster Turbo World Forums category; Do any of the guys here that already have their VT's know if the Aussie version has voice recognition or is that only on the ...

This user has no status.

Voice Recognition on Aussie VT's?

Do any of the guys here that already have their VT's know if the Aussie version has voice recognition or is that only on the US version. By this I mean ability to give voice commands and not just speech from the Nav.

I have seen a US owners manual which has a section on it but no mention of it on the spec's or website. My dealer didn't seem to know one way or the other.

This user has no status.

No voice recognition, would be great to change radio stations, phone calls etc.....

Loving the battleship
    aweseme-o

If it's anything like the iphone it would prob get it wrong and frustrate me more than help

Enthusiast, Not over
    enthusiastic.

Sounds like we get screwed out of some cool features when it comes to the audio system. bit of a bummer really they all sound fun.

This user has no status.

Looks like also standard on the entire UK Veloster range. On the steering wheel there is an extra "speak" button underneath the 2 bluetooth phone pickup/hangup buttons. The Aussie models do not have this extra button although there is a blank space there.

Reading the US manual you can push the button and say commands to make phone calls and control radio, mp3, nav, etc. Even dictate SMS on some supported phones.

Don't really understand why US and UK would get it and not Oz unless it has issues with the australian accent and they would rather just take it off than deal with complaints. Can't see it being a cost issue other than the cost of the extra button

For those interested on what we are missing out on refer Veloster Car AV System ENGLISH

This user has no status.

You aren't missing anything. It kinda works with my Android phone and does not really work for anything else.

Trying to use it quickly becomes confusing and distracting. It rarely gets anything right and then it asks you for more options that often require you to look at the screen. It can be so frustrating and distracting that it is potentially dangerous.

Just use the buttons on the wheel.

This user has no status.

Yes Stone Axe as you say in the end its probably more hassle than its worth. I have Siri on my iPhone and never really use it because its typically quicker and less frustrating to perform manually.

Links