Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Aftermarket mods in Australia

22K views 78 replies 15 participants last post by  omar123 
#1 ·
Just wanted to start a thread to discuss any aftermarket mods that are actually readily available in Australia. We read on these forums about all these fantastic aftermarket mods people have done but most are not available here.

Also a good place for us to recommend local business that have done Veloster mods, etc as quite a few have never heard of them.

At the moment I am looking at exhaust mods. I mainly want to get a better tone without increasing the idle/cruising dB too much. I really don't want to spend a lot and a performance increase is not really an important factor (would be nice though).

I understand the difference between but what are the benefits of a cat-back vs. an axel-back mod. Will a simple axel-back (muffler delete) mod improve the tone or will that just make it loud and noisy.

Any Aussies had an exhaust mod done and what were the costs involved.

#68 ·
I`m not sure if it the quality of the recording or not mate but she sounds a bit dull to what I was expecting. so hard on a phone though she probably sounds a bit better in person but from what I hear that one aint for me. still a toss up between the magnaflow style and solo for me.

#69 ·
The exhaust note is deep but subdued which is what I wanted, but it's louder inside when accelerating than the camera was able to record. At 18 seconds you can hear the note but imagine the volume is about times 2 to get an idea. I do a bit of longer-distance driving (about 250 to 500km a day) and hardly any driving around town, so I didn't want something loud and distracting. The past two months I have driven to Melbourne, Lakes Entrance and the Monaro highway to home and more recently overnight to Sydney City Centre and then overnight to Wagga Wagga, and a few other shorter country drives. I have another drive to Sydney coming up next week, this time to Parramatta.

#70 ·
Got my magnaflow exhaust re-mod done today to quieten it down a tad. Have now put 2 round magnaflows in series, much smoother sound now. Still has a nice low tone and has got rid of the excess noise >3000 RPM. Unfortunately have also lost some of the gurgle and pop when changing gears :( performance and sound still far far better than stock.

#72 ·
Just had another same Magnaflow muffler added in line directly after the one I had put in as part of the cat-back system install.

Not as loud and aggressive at higher revs as before but is definitely more "family friendly" and is more to my liking now. Apart from the loss of some of the "growl" when changing gear I am pretty happy with the result :)

#73 ·
Anyone is aust installed an injen SRI or CAI and if so where did you get it. Have seen on eBay for about $280-$300 shipped from US to aust for the SRI but thought there might be a local.

Also can anyone confirm that the injen CAI version can be installed as a SRI version. Just not sure if I can be bothered with the extra hassle of CAI but for the few bucks extra might be handy to have the option.

#75 ·
for you guys in AUS if you can weld or know someone that can PM and i will get you pipe length and radius i used to make mine its a little different then the injen sri. I'll get you a pic (needs powder coated wrinkle black :cool2: ) im making a airbox / catch can hiding spot so i moved filter over and down a little behind intercooler

#77 ·
From the Injen instruction to install the CAI part the bumper needs to be removed, does this also mean the the bumper needs to be removed to change the air filter?. Also is it recommended to put a hydroshield on a CAI as we don't really get that much rain or flooding here but there are occasions were stormwater drains block up I guess.

#78 ·
you dont HAVE to but it makes it easier you can just remove the screw holding the bumper in the wheel well to open just that side that will give you more than enough room to install teh cai or whatever you need in that area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.