Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Aftermarket mods in Australia

22K views 78 replies 15 participants last post by  omar123 
#1 ·
Just wanted to start a thread to discuss any aftermarket mods that are actually readily available in Australia. We read on these forums about all these fantastic aftermarket mods people have done but most are not available here.

Also a good place for us to recommend local business that have done Veloster mods, etc as quite a few have never heard of them.

At the moment I am looking at exhaust mods. I mainly want to get a better tone without increasing the idle/cruising dB too much. I really don't want to spend a lot and a performance increase is not really an important factor (would be nice though).

I understand the difference between but what are the benefits of a cat-back vs. an axel-back mod. Will a simple axel-back (muffler delete) mod improve the tone or will that just make it loud and noisy.

Any Aussies had an exhaust mod done and what were the costs involved.

#3 ·
Torka the Magnaflow exhaust is the one you mentioned in the other thread. Part 15215.
Total cost delivered to my door and fitted was a few hundred over a grand.
Got it install at Exhaust Technology, Mark does excellent work and have always taken my car there.
At idle you can hardly hear it in the cabin, Sounds not much louder than stock and has a nice tone under load.
You need to hear live as the video's don't really do the exhaust sound and justice.
I'm very happy with he exhaust and don't regret it one bit!
Here's a few pics of it. And if we ever have the SA meet you can have hear it.
Enjoy!

#6 ·
Just wanted to show of my lighting mod. Did this one myself :)

Used a Leostick microcontroller and custom built LED driver circuits then programmed leostick to do exactly what I wanted based on door and ignition inputs.

Since this video I installed another LED strip in the centre console under the usb/power ports. That one pulsates opposite to the door scuffs while door open and follows other footwell LEDs when door closed. I have a diode dynamics mission plate so these LED's show this off nicely.

#7 ·
Looks very kool :) Well done on doing it yourself too. Wish I was as clever. :(

#10 ·
I will try and work out a list of what is required for the final version, it went through quite a few "development" iterations with different parts before I was 100% satisfied with the results so I don't really know what it ended up costing me. I reckon parts would be in the $100 area without LED's and the door scuffs.

The LED strips were off eBay. The door scuffs came from exLEDshop (they are in Korea) and do not pulsate normally this is a function of my controller. All the controller components are available locally (Jaycar).

Will send you the list when I work it out so you can get the stuff if you want. More than happy to come help you put it all together and install - I prefer not to work on other peoples cars that way if they break something its their fault and I don't feel guilty lol ;)

#13 ·
This is what you guys get for having a VT that is way better than ours from the factory! lol :tongue:

#26 ·
Also interested, who's doing it for you?.

Was thinking of going down to Exhaust Technology and having a talk with them about Magnaflow that the prof had installed on his. Not real keen on having to get one shipped all the way from the US like the prof did though as that sounds expensive!!!. Maybe they will have some other ideas also.

The solo also sounds like a great option but again too hard/expensive to get shipped here.

Someone in Australia needs to come up with a locally built equivalent, they could make a killing :)

#24 ·
To those that have PM'ed me I have PM'ed back a link to you guys to download my detailed instructions for building and installing my LED lighting project.

#27 ·
Well hung performance down here at Lonsdale have quoted me 1000 fitted for a Magnaflow exhaust they make inhouse that is the same as the one you can order or 1280 if they order it from Magnaflow in and install it.
I am talking to a few other local shops who will be able to do a custom job that will work out a lot cheaper not sure how I will go though.

#33 ·
Hi guys, any of you know where "Well Hung Exhausts" are in Lonsdale now. Web search say 10 Christie Rd, someone told me they moved to 14 Heath St but whitepages says 42b O'Sullivan Bch Rd???. Tried to call but it rang out. I assume they are they still in business ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.