Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Tuning being done on my car now from Australian Tuner

29K views 98 replies 26 participants last post by  trdtoy 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought I'd keep you in the loop and let you all know there is an Australian custom dyno tuner that I discovered today who has my car now and will be performing the tune over tomorrow for pickup tomorrow night. He said he has been developing for over 6 months (and 3 of those were just cracking the ECU) and has a huge range of serious parts that are already developed. He has over 20 years tuning knowledge so knows what he is doing and has said he will tune for maximum power without compromising safety. He has replacement turbos developed, replacement conrods and pistons and everything. He hasn't used them in a VT yet but wants a test bed soon - he has been keeping a lid on this for a long time but has said I am able to talk about it now as they are almost at the point of advertising these himself.

I will post before and after dyno charts - before will be with the intercooler, gutted downpipe and muffler delete and air filter. After obviously all the same but tuned up to the highest power level without compromising the safety.

I'll release details as soon as I can confirm that he is good and I'll see if I can organise some kind of forum special - no guarantees though! :wink:

He is located in South Brisbane so pretty close to everything.

I'll keep you in the loop! :haha:

See less See more
#30 ·
Alright she is staying in for Saturday to get it completed. Had 91 in the car as per Hyundai recommendations and he was tuning for 98 so spent an hour or two dialing back the tune to remove the knocking he was hearing. Didnt expect to trip over this tuner so didnt have 98 in there as I would have if this had been planned in advance *facepalm*.

Still I confirmed he can definitely tune them. On the 91 he is hovering around 145kw at the wheels without knocking from the 126kw he said it was initially and the curve has smoothed considerably. Stock was up and down all over the place.

#32 ·
Yeah I had a cheap moment. I'll be using 98 from now on, I'm glad this guy knows what he is doing however to sense the knocks and quit the run before doing damage. I'll update tomorrow with the proper figures. By the sounds of things I should break the 160kw atw I'm aiming for. Still kicking myself for the tank of 91 though. :(

#34 ·
The only have 91 where I live so thats what I will have to go with

#40 ·
AUS calculates their fuel octane number differently so his 91 is actually probably more like our 87.

#35 ·
You should very easily break 214hp atw

Reactions: rugerfly
#36 ·
That sucks that your octane is so low where you are. I am hoping for more than 214hp atw. How did you come to that exact figure by the way? Seems exact lol

#37 ·
Google is your best friend hahah. But yea. Im pretty sure 225 shouldnt be hard to hit

#39 ·
Update: The right fuel is in now and we are up to 150.7kw at the wheels (202.9hp for those that use that measurement). Exciting times!

#42 ·
Haha I want fuel that is half accessible when I do my weekly fuel up :p

#45 ·
Not sure on torque yet ruger, only had a few correspondances and didnt check out the torque maps only the power.

Laws with gutted cat is illegal (I know - but its a risk im taking) but BOV is fine because its recirculated into the intake.

#47 ·
Really thats how I feel hyundai to cops are like nah lol. But idk with these gen coupes now a days man lol. I have a story about that one

#49 ·
Im at work til 5pm lol so ill let everyone know about 6pm or so.

#50 ·
Shit its 10:12pm here hahah

#52 ·
Done! Final figure - 159.7kw at the wheels and around 320nm also at the wheels. Who shoved a firecracker up this car's exhaust!? Absolute monster now - just need to do a slight clutch mod to get it to shift a little faster now. Can vouch for this guy, knows his shit and able to tune to get the best out of any mods to the VT and will advise on how to upgrade to get the best out of it. I need to budget in the future for a redesigned air filter induction and better intercooler. Details are below, don't call for a couple of days as he said to wait a few days before I spill the beans on everything but I couldn't hold out on you guys. Usually books a couple of weeks in advance.

Nick Ashwin @ NA Autosports & Engineering
21 Brennan Street, Slacks Creek, Queensland
(07) 3808 3048

Full custom tunes for your car and exact mods: $1650 forum special.

He also has replacement turbo kits, heavy duty conrods and pistons, intercooler kits, a full exhaust setup with resonator in production and more. He has been keeping a lid on these developments for over 6 months plus so he could surprise everyone. He has invested heavily into the R&D of these cars and wants to do more.

Get in touch guys, he's legit!!

#55 ·
It's about 214.9hp @ the wheels. My dyno sheet is in the car because I don't have a scanner :(

Reactions: rugerfly
#56 ·
Probably the best I can do for now. Text Design Pattern Pattern Parallel

Reactions: FFEEkY and rugerfly
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.