Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Tuning being done on my car now from Australian Tuner

29K views 98 replies 26 participants last post by  trdtoy 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought I'd keep you in the loop and let you all know there is an Australian custom dyno tuner that I discovered today who has my car now and will be performing the tune over tomorrow for pickup tomorrow night. He said he has been developing for over 6 months (and 3 of those were just cracking the ECU) and has a huge range of serious parts that are already developed. He has over 20 years tuning knowledge so knows what he is doing and has said he will tune for maximum power without compromising safety. He has replacement turbos developed, replacement conrods and pistons and everything. He hasn't used them in a VT yet but wants a test bed soon - he has been keeping a lid on this for a long time but has said I am able to talk about it now as they are almost at the point of advertising these himself.

I will post before and after dyno charts - before will be with the intercooler, gutted downpipe and muffler delete and air filter. After obviously all the same but tuned up to the highest power level without compromising the safety.

I'll release details as soon as I can confirm that he is good and I'll see if I can organise some kind of forum special - no guarantees though! :wink:

He is located in South Brisbane so pretty close to everything.

I'll keep you in the loop! :haha:

See less See more
#60 ·
Sensible is definitely not a word that comes to mind when I drive now. Rabid maybe? I feel like im holding the chains on a demon from hell and trying to stay on his back while he tries to buck me off. Maybe an overstatement but it feels like its pissed off having to have me in the car and just wants to shoot off an have its own merry adventure haha.

#61 ·
Sorry Matrix, its a fair way but its honestly worth it!

#62 ·
Congrats Maximum. All we gotta do is wait and see what results Fly obtains.

#63 ·
Thanks Xerox. Make sure that it's on a similar dyno when you did it ruger! Don't want inaccurate figures because it's a number happy dyno lol.

#65 ·
Looked those figures up and I believe they translate to: 214HP & 236tq

#67 ·
Forgot to add that he also cleared my CELs for my BOV and my gutted downpipe. :)

Reactions: rugerfly
#69 ·
Funny you say that, I was beside one on the way back from Redcliffe today. Busy traffic so only one or two squirts and I think he was a touch faster still as it hooked up faster and it was DSG. I'm having difficulty with the squirrely steering now in 2nd and a touch in 3rd and 1st is absolutely useless unless I baby it. I don't think I would want much more power and I'm thanking goodness I have the Achilles semi-slicks or I'd be spinning and wheel hopping all the way down the road in the first three gears. Don't get me wrong, it would be hilariously fun but my tyres would last maybe 10,000km. :haha:

Reactions: Turbosocks
#71 ·
That could be a good idea.

By the way - wheres your Tork tune? I want to compare :)

#82 ·
Max!!!!!!! Suprised to see you alive! Interested to see who did your tune and costs, if its reasonable PM me the details of the company.. ill make the 8 hour drive for a tune :D

#84 ·
Thanks Ruger i found it however, i also found the Dyno sheet... Now.. as per the Hyundai Australia website:
It pumps out 46% more power (150 kW power at 6,000 rpm) and packs 60% more torque (265Nm of torque at 1,750 to 4,500 rpm).
to see that and compare it to:

not that exciting unless im missing something ?

#86 ·
Hyundais figures are at the engine... max's figues are at the wheels. He basically makes around 30% more power than stock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.