Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Young Gun or Storm Trooper

7K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  cbrmale 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and in desperate need of some feedback on the turbo colours - storm trooper v young gun.

I have just put a deposit down on a turbo veloster (storm trooper). I have two days to decide if i would prefer to go with the Young Gun which is in the same dealership. Personally, I prefer the young gun but the deal on the storm trooper was a little better so I decided to go with that. I am now considering swapping to the colour I really want, but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on which is relatively better?

I know that the young gun matte finish is a tiny bit more difficult to maintain in terms of washing it correctly etc BUT i was wondering if there are any bigger, financial reasons why you would choose either colour? I.e. is the young gun a more difficult colour to match if there are scratches or anything like that? Are there any other reasons why one would be preferred over the other?

Thanks so much for your feedback! Can't wait to get my car in the next few days!

Milla

See less See more
#3 ·
That's really nice!

Although mine is a clear choice between storm trooper and young gun. Any ideas on the upkeep of either purely based on colour? I heard the matte is a lot more difficult to look after, but i don't mind the time, just wondering financially and if years down the track I want to sell it, which would be a better long term buy? Thanks!

#26 · (Edited)
(north) american names are actually the weird ones. all the veloster colors here (except the turbos) were named after boston marathon stuffs. BOSTON red, MARATHON blue, 26.2 yellow, IRONMAN silver, VITAMIN C, ELECTROLYTE green (coz you need vitamins and electrolytes), TRIATHLON gray, ULTRA black. even SPRINT gray. i think the exception might be century white - i'm not sure what it refers to. elite white, and matte black, are late in the game so they are exempt. might be referring to elite athletes. lol.

the other color name scheme are used in Asia, Pacific, Europe, South America - basically outside NA.

#6 ·
Young Gun v Storm Trooper - your thoughts?

Hi guys,

I think i just posted in the wrong forum, so thought i'd re-post here (arrgh sorry)

I'm deciding between a storm trooper and young gun? Just paid the deposit on the storm trooper, have two days to change my mind on the colour, personally i prefer the young gun but nervous about financial cost of maintaining the matte paint job. Any ideas, purely based on colour, which would be better to buy? I heard the matte of young gun is much harder to maintain, although i'm not really bothered with spending time looking after it (i'm looking forward to that), but more financial reasons why you would choose one colour over the other?

Any aussies have any feedback on this for a newbie turbo owner?

Thanks a million!
Milla

#10 ·
And it might make a difference as to what part of Oz you are in. (weather conditions etc.)

#12 ·
Anybody with a matte gray VT will tell you that simply isn't true. If you already hand wash your car there is really no difference in difficulty. IMO matte paint is actually easier to take care of because you don't have to polish the paint ever. You also don't have to worry about swirls or small scratches because you can't see them on matte paint. The biggest thing to consider is that matte paint cannot be repaired or buffed like gloss paint. If you get a deep scratch it's either live with it, or repaint it.

#14 ·
Matte colours could be a fad that dies down in a few years - just like the chamelion colour from the early 2000s.
Cant go wrong with normal plain jane white i say... thats just me though

#15 ·
The kicker for me to *not* choose white is that just about every other car (in my area) is white. I don't care if has sparkly speckles in it, it is just too common out here.

Perhaps just a Hawaii thing.

Go with what has been suggested here... pick the color you want and don't settle!

Aloha

greg

#18 ·
I kind of regret not going with the elite white, which was actually my second choice. White is so much easier to keep clean IMO. At least on my Optima it was. I do enjoy my Boston Red. It's just not embraced that much on the forum. Had Omar's cinnamon color been available who knows I may have took a look at that too. It's pretty cool. the question now is, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" That's all that matters bro....

#23 ·
if young gun was available here, i would have gotten that. that's like the most badass color ever. the other matte is ok too, but i like that darker one better. matte is not as hard to take care of as many people may think. it's actually easier, in a way - just not what you are used to.

#25 ·
lol. wrong color. yeah, i guess it's the petrol gray that i like.

on your side note, yeah, it's a 14-year old screen name.
i used to be intrigued by (military) berets back in the day.
no, the young me did not like beet so much to put it on my username. lol!

#29 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.