Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Aussies : Tyre choices in Aust.

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  cbrmale 
#1 ·
Have around 5000K left on my original tyres so will need to find some new shoes soon so was thinking what brands and sizes have others found to be good for our conditions?
Not frighten on cost, prepaid to pay for quality so if some fellow Aussies have some thoughts I would love to hear them. Normal driving on town and country highways is all I do so nothing special in that field.
Thoughts would be appreciated.

#5 ·
I have toyo proxes on my front wheels and the standard factory hankooks on the rear. Toyos have pretty good grip i must say... better than the hankooks!

#7 ·
For price and longevity the best bet are more of the stock Hankooks. The only other options for the stock rims are more expensive sports tyres like Michelin, and that's much more expensive and much softer so they won't last long. Sports tyres for somewhere like Cobram would be a waste of money. The Hankooks are good as long as you keep the pressure up around the 280kpa mark anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.