Veloster Turbo Forum

Veloster turbo low beam bulb replacement - beware

This is a discussion on Veloster turbo low beam bulb replacement - beware within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Please make sure you read your manual before buying a bulb replacement. I bought a pair of Nighbreakers Plus H11 to swap my OEM bulbs ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Veloster turbo low beam bulb replacement - beware

Halfway through my lease and
    Perla is doing great!!!!

Unhappy Veloster turbo low beam bulb replacement - beware

Please make sure you read your manual before buying a bulb replacement.

I bought a pair of Nighbreakers Plus H11 to swap my OEM bulbs and they DO NOT fit on the VT. Now I am stuck with a pair of bulbs that I can't use. And what's even worse, I opened the packaging so I can't return them. If anybody is interested in getting them at a good price, please let me know. They are H11 Nightbreakers Plus.

The manual states that he low beams are H7HPLL/H11B* (* meaning if equipped), and yes mine has the H11B. I don't think the Nightbreakers Plus come in H11B. Anyone out there with another suggestion for bulb replacement without having to do any mods to them?

Check the ones in your car before buying new ones!!!! Lesson learned!

Verbal Judo-Black Belt

complain enough and they will take them back. Unless its posted they cant refuse a return for non fitment.
    Sideshowstanley likes this.

Perla is doing great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcannon203 View Post
    complain enough and they will take them back. Unless its posted they cant refuse a return for non fitment.
    I guess I could try that. Now the problem is finding an H11b that is like the NightbreakerPlus.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by vtlover67 View Post
    I guess I could try that. Now the problem is finding an H11b that is like the NightbreakerPlus.
    always try, the worst they can do is say "no", then your in the same place you started. if they do say no ask the manager.

This user has no status.

Hi new member here. So I just bought a pair of H11B replacement bulbs and was wondering if you need to remove the front bumper and headlight enclosure to replace? I notice the space to access the bulb is pretty tight and can't seem to remove the existing ones. Thanks in advanced.

This user has no status.

h11B are hard to find. Oppa where did you buy your bulbs from?
    skwon likes this.

This user has no status.

eBay:

2PCS H11B 55W 100W 13.2V PGJY19-2 64241 XENON PLASMA HALOGEN HEADLIGHT BULBS

http://bit.ly/TZcSly

This user has no status.

Can you post before and after pics if possible, interested is seeing if there is a big difference from the stock bulbs.

Perla is doing great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oppa View Post
    Hi new member here. So I just bought a pair of H11B replacement bulbs and was wondering if you need to remove the front bumper and headlight enclosure to replace? I notice the space to access the bulb is pretty tight and can't seem to remove the existing ones. Thanks in advanced.
    Hi oppa. I did not take off the bumper at all. I have small hands, and yes, it was very tight in there, but doable. First remove the covers. Then take note how the blue dot on the bulb is in relation to the back opening of the headlight. Facing the front they should be to the South East of the opening, so bottom right. If looking from the drivers position, they will be to the South West, so bottom left. Notice how far up from the bottom the blue dot lands, this will help you know how far you need to twist the bulb for it to be secure. You need to twist counter clockwise to remove it. The first time is pretty hard. I used some bent pliers to help me undo them. Make sure not to scratch or touch the bulbs; I wore latex gloves to be safe. Line the bulb with the notch, push it in, then twist clockwise until you get the dot back to where you marked it before taking it off. Then replace the cap. I did it in about 30 minutes. Gotta be patient and take it slow.

Please post pics of before and after to see the difference, if you can.
    Elite White A/T Tech Blue Accents w/ 35% Tints

This user has no status.

Thanks for the detailed explanation vtlover! I wasn't familiar with the H11B bulbs and if they were the twist or unplug type. Anyways I have rather big hands so it's going to be challenge but i will try using the bent pliers. I'm glad i dont need to remove the bumper. I will post pics for you guys once I get them installed. I got the 8000k version hoping they're not too blue.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links