Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Paint Paint Paint

11K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  cereal killer 
#1 ·
Okay, so everyone knows about the matte gray. But in yesterday's pricing announcement press release, they also mention a color called 'Elite White Pearl'.

The question now is, which one will be cooler?! Because if it's truly a pearl paint, that could be pretty impressive.

Also, can anyone shed light on how difficult it might really be to maintain matte paint?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pearl white will be amazing, especially with dark tint, and maybe some black wheels :)
I do like the matte gray color too, I can't imagine it being too difficult to keep looking good, it will still have a smooth finish.

Attachments

#8 ·
God forbid someone scratches your car, or worse, hits it. Will the body shop know how to re-paint a matte gray? Oh boy...!
This is what I'm paranoid about.

But if the scratches are just tiny and not bad, interestingly enough it will be harder to notice on a matte paint job than a glossy job. That's because in order to see a scratch, light has to be reflected back into the eye. The matte has its look because it reflects light in all directions, making it harder to see the scratch. :)

#16 ·
#19 ·
I am torn... I want the matte gray. I too have a garage, and I am pretty good at keeping my cars squeaky clean. However, this color may require too much maintenance for me. I may go with the Vitamin C. Either way, I can still represent my alma mater - Oklahoma State. Go Pokes!

#23 ·
Forget about tire dressing as well. The novelty would wear off to darn quick. It's too much of a pain to maintain (made a nice rhyme) in my opinion. Just a simple wash is a whole ordeal jeesh. I like to get out the bucket throw soap and water all over the place, dry, detail and be done. Worrying about this that and everything else would become a pain eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.