Veloster Turbo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do I still need to run Techron if I use Star Tron

11K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Gregster 
#1 ·
Ive used I bottle of Techron at the 3k mark and been running Star Tron every fill up
for the last 3k miles, the car has a total of 6k

Do I still need to run a bottle of Techron every 3k?

Also, Ive decided to run Cerma fuel treatment in conjunction with the Star Tron.
AIS meth system is planned also.

Again will I still need to run the Techron with that combination?

Thanks
AL

#2 ·
This made me realize I should probably start running some fuel additives every oil change or so, I only use shell gas exclusively almost, but I feel some fuel system cleaner will help alot too

#3 ·
This post has been deleted
#6 ·
The one best thing you can do is use Ethanol-free gas. I asked my brother in law (builds cars) and my mechanic, both agreed.

People will tell you that newer cars were built to run with ethanol but my 2 sources are emphatic that running pure gas will be *significant* in prolonging the life of the engine.

greg

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
Um, what ?? I may have mentioned it in the past, but to give me that monicker seems pretty hostile.

If you want to buy into the "ethanol is fine for your car" camp, more power to you, but I had no opinion either way until I did *a lot* of (real) research and asked people that are in the industry that have nothing to gain from pushing ethanol.

Aloha!

greg

#7 ·
Since you already have used a bottle of the FULL strength Techron in your car [me too] after that I just use Chevron with Techron every fill up.

#12 ·
Bottom line, there are as many people saying it is bad as there are saying it is fine.

So, do what I did... ask people that KNOW and have NOTHING to gain. Make your decision based on that.

That is why I steer clear of ethanol

Aloha!

Pretty clear you have no idea what u are talking about nor do u have real world exp with E-85 whatsoever cause frankly to us that know you sound very foolish

We're here trying to explain to you that you are wrong, dead wrong. Whoever is giving you this information has no clue wtf they are talking about and/or no exp with E-85 in performance applications. Period

It's already been proven, from old muscle cars to new. it works and works amazingly well

Reactions: -X-
#11 · (Edited)
I run ethanol in my lawn mower, snow blower, and my carburated quad without any issues .. but I won't run it in my VT if I can help it.

#13 · (Edited)
Um, sir... the only one that is calling anyone names is you - which makes *you* look foolish IMO

You say that that "to us" you sound foolish. ...and "we're here trying to explain..."

Nice of you to speak for all of the forum members, when it is clear that some feel as I do and avoid ethanol.

There are equal numbers of articles on each side, so I will allow each to make their own decision

(members: do your own research, just because some forum members have no class and are name-callers, doesn't mean that they know what they are saying).

Aloha and best wishes to all.

greg

#14 ·
Read up young buck. When I say we and to us I'm speaking for the performance tuning world. E-85 is gold with a proper fuel system and proper ECU calibration PERIOD. There is no discussion.

So again you have no clue wtf you're talking about

#15 ·
Yup, there is still discussion. That you say there is none is just silly.

Perhaps no discussion here, but forum members can easily Google, "Will using ethanol damage my car?" (or something to that affect) and read up.

Guaranteed they will find it about 50% weighted both ways. At that point, I encourage forum members to ask their mechanics, and anyone else that they know personally (not here on the forum) to get their opinion and make an informed decision.

Aloha and have a great day!

greg

#16 ·
Ok. Let's tie this one up before it turns into a knock-down-drag-out.
E-85 and the 'E added' fuels are totally different beasts. There are many articles pointing to the hazards of the small E fuels in cars not designed to deal with them.
But if properly tuned and configured the large E fuels can be beastly.
You two are arguing over different conversations. It won't end well for either of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.