Davenport, Iowa 2016 Rally Ed. - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Davenport, Iowa 2016 Rally Ed.

This is a discussion on Davenport, Iowa 2016 Rally Ed. within the Veloster Turbo Photos/Videos forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Originally Posted by Bigbird I'm not so sure about collectors item as it has to be really special or stupid in some way that nothing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Davenport, Iowa 2016 Rally Ed.

  1. #11
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    METDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Member
    #8177
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    I'm not so sure about collectors item as it has to be really special or stupid in some way that nothing else is. But who knows, could surprise us. Stock, it for sure looks the best among the other models.
    It's the most limited at only 1,200 units in... North America? However, not particularly rare compared to say the 1993 Toyota Celica All-trac with all of 81 units. I've seen one other Rally Edition in my area in person and know of one other in the greater Atlanta metroplex.
    Rides:
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition (daily car)
    1991 Toyota Celica GTS (mod car)

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Spoiler alert
     
    geekdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Member
    #7423
    Location
    Goderich, Ontario
    Posts
    592
    I've seen 1200 given as a worldwide number, but these do seem to pop up often enough in some areas that it's hard to believe.

    As far as a collectible, it's a tough sell. Velosters are already a pretty low-volume seller overall. I still see brand-new Rallys sitting on dealer lots, not moving at the same price as other less "exclusive" models. The ones that have sold are mostly being used as daily drivers, and will probably see the same fate as most cars. Even if you bought one to keep pristine in a heated storage area, is there going to be a future pool of Hyundai enthusiasts who would establish and support the value?

    Maybe?
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition
    Performance: SXTH SRI & Shifter Bushings / Xenon Element ORHP / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Inserts
    Interior: JCS Dual Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Custom Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler
    Misc: Saikou Michi dual OCC / Cerma Engine, Nano, Transmission Treatments

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    MA1tR!X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Member
    #1266
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,142
    The matte blue is just a optional colour here in Australia, we do however have the Limited Edition "Street" edition (200 units) which comes with it's own unique metallic blue colour...
    Name:  Hyundai-Veloster-Street-Turbo-001.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  190.1 KB
    Bigbird, MrPalms and rspec2014 like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    Buckledown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Member
    #8032
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    It's the most limited at only 1,200 units in... North America? However, not particularly rare compared to say the 1993 Toyota Celica All-trac with all of 81 units. I've seen one other Rally Edition in my area in person and know of one other in the greater Atlanta metroplex.
    I have not seen another Rally in my area but there might be one. Funny you say the all-trac thing. A buddy in Albany OR has two of that body style. He is building a 800 hp monster out of one and using the other for parts.

  6. #15
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    METDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Member
    #8177
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by geekdragon View Post
    I've seen 1200 given as a worldwide number, but these do seem to pop up often enough in some areas that it's hard to believe.

    As far as a collectible, it's a tough sell. Velosters are already a pretty low-volume seller overall. I still see brand-new Rallys sitting on dealer lots, not moving at the same price as other less "exclusive" models. The ones that have sold are mostly being used as daily drivers, and will probably see the same fate as most cars. Even if you bought one to keep pristine in a heated storage area, is there going to be a future pool of Hyundai enthusiasts who would establish and support the value?

    Maybe?
    Funny... because mine is my daily, except to the airport I take the Celica. Oh, and they had to track mine down from out of state, so I had 5xx miles on it when I got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckledown View Post
    I have not seen another Rally in my area but there might be one. Funny you say the all-trac thing. A buddy in Albany OR has two of that body style. He is building a 800 hp monster out of one and using the other for parts.
    Well, I mentioned it because it's something I know and is relevant to my interests (see my sig). Is your buddy doing a 97+ 5S-FE Camry block with a Gen4 3S-GTE head (or do you have no idea)?
    Last edited by METDeath; 10-27-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    Bigbird likes this.
    Rides:
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition (daily car)
    1991 Toyota Celica GTS (mod car)

  7. #16
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    Buckledown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Member
    #8032
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    Well, I mentioned it because it's something I know and is relevant to my interests (see my sig). Is your buddy doing a 97+ 5S-FE Camry block with a Gen4 3S-GTE head (or do you have no idea)?
    No swapped parts planned. I know that he has bored it over enough that forced sleeves and he has a stroker crank and rod set for it. I have an idea of his plans but since he is taking his time, we all know how often those can change before the final version is built.

  8. #17
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    METDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Member
    #8177
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckledown View Post
    No swapped parts planned. I know that he has bored it over enough that forced sleeves and he has a stroker crank and rod set for it. I have an idea of his plans but since he is taking his time, we all know how often those can change before the final version is built.
    Just tell him that's what Pat C did... also he stuck "Custom" in front of pretty much everything. (I am not Pat C, that guy is crazy).
    Rides:
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition (daily car)
    1991 Toyota Celica GTS (mod car)

  9. #18
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    LujackVboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Member
    #9834
    Posts
    4
    I don't know what the rest of my mod plans are. I want to lower it but where I live we have those sectioned off street for road expansion because of snow and it's a daily driver so it doesn't make a lot of sense. So probably a cold air intake, blow off sound plate, and a spoiler.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    i did tint on my tail lights and used a non gloss clear coat looks sick with the mate paint. gloss looks nice. what are your mod plans

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    This user has a status.
     
    Bigbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Member
    #5102
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    Well, I mentioned it because it's something I know and is relevant to my interests (see my sig). Is your buddy doing a 97+ 5S-FE Camry block with a Gen4 3S-GTE head (or do you have no idea)?
    Man its been a long time since I saw thoes engine codes. He should try a 3vzfe w/ turbo build. Tranny mates up IIRC, not sure about how custom you'd have to get with. mounts though.

    Go Faster : TurboXs BOV : XE ORCP : XE ORHP : ProSport Catch Can : Pierce Catless Down Pipe : Stock Catback w/ Remote Cutout : SXTH Shifter Bushings : Tork SS : NST Pullie : SXTH SRI : Custom J-pipe : Tork Stage 1 Tune : HKS M40XL Plugs
    Handling : BC Coilovers : Pierce Torsion Bar : Pierce Street Tower Bar : Pierce 2 pt front brace : Torque Solutions Lower Bushings: 19x8 Racing Hart C2 : 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1R
    The Looks : HIDs : NEFD Rear Diffuser : Sequence Lip and Spats

  11. #20
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    gdanko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Member
    #11241
    Posts
    12
    I got mine 3 weeks ago.

    Sent from my OnePlus3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Find us on Google+