Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Outlines in leather

7K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  x_Diesel_x 
#1 ·
Went to disney yesterday, drive back (2 hours or so) to my uncles as I get out of the car I notice there's an outline of whatever was in my back pocket In the leather, 8 hours later... Still there... What do I do?

#23 ·
I havent noticed that in my seats, the leather is still tight in the seat bottoms.. I take my cell out of my pocket when driving, but I do leave my wallet in my pocket. I havent noticed any impressions

#41 ·
Steam cleaner through a thick towel I'd recommend. And go about ironing it out. Then if you have a hair dryer heat it up / dry it out with it. Don't apply too much pressure though. You could actually smooth out the texture of the leather.

Then place a bucket of DampRid in the car for a couple of days. Maybe longer if you still have that water/condensation issue inside the cabin.

As mentioned before, that "greenhouse" effect being created inside the cabin because of water/condensation is making the leather absorb moisture thus making it prone to stretch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.