Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Fender Liner

16K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  AndroidIOSWP 
#1 ·
The other day I had noticed my fender liner had come apart while driving on the interstate, resulting in its destruction from rubbing against the tire for an unknown amount of time. I took it to the dealer, and of course they say that I hit something, regardless of the lack of scratches or any visible sign of damage aside from the fender liner. The dealer told me that this happened to a lot of people, normally from running over parking stops. I'm starting to think it may just be a bad part that comes apart at the seams. Has anyone else had this happen? I had the dealer give me the part number and bought the piece online for $55 instead of paying $180 for it from them and having them install it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ha the irony.. I just installed ts hks style bov last night and I drove to make sure it worked correctly before I put back on everything, well my wheel well just like yours were hitting my tires and I messed up both sides.. It was so disappointing but at least I know it is a common problem, even it isn't due to a dumb ass error

#7 ·
hasn't happened to me yet in the VT but happened to me twice in my infiniti. Happened just like keith's story, too exited to get stuff installed popped the bumper on forgot to tuck the lining and the tire ate away at it. When i googled it, it was a fairly common problem, maybe yours wasn't installed properly or just came off.

#12 ·
Not sure which bolt you are referring to. I cant get out the lower clip closest to the passenger door. There seems to be no access to the head, there is a small acess hole in the bottom on the side skirt, but it doesnt seem to line up right, and there is not enough wiggle room to pull up the fender liner.

#14 ·
I'm looking for the inner plastic cover piece that covers the bottom portion of the engine. I was washing my car today and I checked the bottom and I noticed a chunk of the plastic portion was broken on the passenger side... Does anyone have a part number for it? I'm searching on 2013 Hyundai Veloster TURBO 1.6L L4 - GAS so I can get it replaced.

#16 ·
That peice makes it so hard to work on

#19 ·
Well I accidently hit a parking stump (harder than I would of liked) and now my whole front bumper is sagging. Gonna go play with it to see if I cant pull it back up somehow.

#21 ·
Can I borrow some from you?? :wink:

#24 ·
So back on topic for anyone interested... You do not have to remove the side skirts, just undo the screw at the bottom and gently pull it to give access to the push pin at the bottom of the fender liner. You have to jack from an alternate point or put a jack stand on the cross beam to have access to that, which was my problem before.

#25 ·
Anyone have a recent link to where I can find these other than from the dealer? I need to replace both in the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.