Rally TOTALED!! Shopping for new Veloster!

Veloster Turbo Forum

Rally TOTALED!! Shopping for new Veloster!

This is a discussion on Rally TOTALED!! Shopping for new Veloster! within the Veloster Turbo Purchasing forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Sooooo as an early Christmas gift 5 days before Christmas an unattentive driver ran a very red light and totaled my Rally!! Im still coming ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rally TOTALED!! Shopping for new Veloster!

This user has no status.

Angry Rally TOTALED!! Shopping for new Veloster!

Sooooo as an early Christmas gift 5 days before Christmas an unattentive driver ran a very red light and totaled my Rally!! Im still coming to grips with it!!! I am now in the process of trying to get a new Veloster and obviously it goes without saying that finding another Rally is not an easy task - Ive been doing alot of searching to see what my options are! My question to you guys is - If I absolutely LOVED driving my Rally - can I switch to a regular Turbo and be happy with it? Some of the options on the Turbo are appealing - but the Rally was pure joy for me to drive!! I dont want to give that up!! Thoughts??

Name:  IMG_20161220_084812278_HDR.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  106.0 KBName:  IMG_20161220_084824609_HDR.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  87.4 KBName:  IMG_20170107_105217664.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  86.8 KBName:  IMG_20170107_105229785_HDR.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  64.8 KB

This user has no status.

Ouch. The matte blue (and blue interior) are the only unique feature for the Rally edition really (which is actually just an optional colour for the Australian market). The wheels you can just go aftermarket for. Hopefully you can salvage parts from the wreck that you might want to keep...
    Last edited by MA1tR!X; 01-09-2017 at 10:38 PM.

This user has no status.

What about the upgraded suspension?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

You would need to speak to someone in the know, I assume the suspension tweaks (if even that dramatic) made it into the current models too. Personally I would (and have) install coilovers anyway And what is the white stuff on your car? It's about 110 degrees outside here!
    Last edited by MA1tR!X; 01-09-2017 at 10:54 PM.

This user has no status.

ohh man I'm so sorry I would be so heart broken if my rally was wrecked. You should salvage the wheels if possible, they are definitely sought after!
    jbr05ki likes this.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Rally Edition
    - Tork Stage 1 Tune - Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - 6EE Short Ram Intake
    - Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar - Pierce Motorsports Strut Brace - TurboSocks Rigid Collars
    - TWM Type R Shift Knob - Saikou Michi Dual OCC - Rally Armor Mud Flaps - 29% Front/ 19% Rear Tints - 6EE Shifter Bushings/Cable Bushings
    - DD interior & exterior white LEDs - Morimoto Elite HID System/6500k - DD 6000k Fog lights
    - OEM Carbon Fiber Spoiler (ordered)

This user has no status.

Could try for the R-spec, I think the suspension is mostly the same, but the car isn't as unique...

This makes two confirmed down that I know of.
    Rides:
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition (daily car)
    1991 Toyota Celica GTS (mod car)

If you love something set it
    free, unless it's a tiger

Damn that sucks, but at least you're okay and alive. If you really liked the Rally, stick with it and search for another one. It took me nearly 4 months to get an elite white with blue trim interior back in 2014. But if you can salvage those wheels and they're in good condition, can I call dibs? :P
    '14 VT A/T
    UNIQ Strut Bar/Collars || GP Thunder 8500K Low/High/Fog || Chrome Turn Bulbs (White front, Amber rear) || Tint || White LED int/ext || TTR Low Engine Mount || SCGW F/R tow hook || TS 3.5" Intake || Tork 0+ Tune || Pierce Torsion Bar/4pt Brace/HF DP || CNT Exhaust || Saikou Michi OCC's || X ORHP || Synapse DV Kit || Coolant Bypass || X 3TBS || Pandafab Solenoid || PUP || Amsoil Coolant || HKS Spark Plugs
    Pending Install: NST Crank/WP Pulley || Exhaust Hangers || ORCP

This user has a status.

Well, you'll miss... The quicker ratio steering, which we haven't found out how to swap over from the rspec/rally to the turbo. The shifter is better, but easily upgradable. The light weight wheels. Finally the suspension.

You won't miss the maintenance on the paint and the fear of never quite being able to repair it. The heated seats are nice. Depending on how much you planned on upgrading stuff, if at all, you won't feel guilty about replacing already upgraded parts that you've paid for.

Really, if you had planned on upgrading suspension parts and wheels on the Rally befote than just save some money, get some extra creature comforts and get the Turbo. If you were happy with the car before than get another Rally because the Turbo is quite a bit less engaging to drive before upgrades.
    Last edited by Bigbird; 01-10-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Too many parts to list: My build thred.

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

bigbird i dont believe the rack was quickened, the r-spec had different "sensitivity" which can be programmed into your existing car if your dealer is privvy. i had mine done in late 2014.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster Base Manual, 39K miles
    Record holder for highest HP/TQ 167whp / 138wtq TUNED NAV (sold 1/5/14)
    BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual, 60K miles
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - Viper start
    Porterfield VTRS pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - NEFD rear diffuser

Jay walking through life

I would say unless you just want another Veloster. you should really get the Elantra Sport.. Its Actually an upgrade.. bigger stock breaks better suspension. the latest and grates form the 1.6tgdi. An actual Front mount intercooler.. Nasty loud stock exhaust. and you are starting with a better base platform.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links