Welcome to VelosterTurbo.org, the premier resource for Hyundai Veloster Turbo Owners and Enthusiasts. We aim to be a friendly, educational community dedicated to everything about the Veloster Turbo. To take full advantage of the site, we ask that you please Register - It's quick and free. You can take advantage of some of our most popular features on the site which are linked below.
Nov 06, 2015 - 3:33 PM - by dgstorm
The N Brand performance division of Hyundai was announced two years ago, but we have heard little in the way of fresh intel about the secretive high-tech department in quite some time. The latest rumors suggest we will see an N-Spec modified version of the Genesis Coupe as well as an N-Spec modified Veloster Turbo. Of course, here on this site, that latter car is what piques our interest, and the latest teaser to come out of Hyundai does not disappoint.
Former BMW M GmbH chief engineer Albert Biermann is now heading up the Hyundai N Division for the company's European Technical Center at the Nürburgring. They just released a new video, and in it we get to see a tricked out, N-Spec Veloster Turbo racing around the track, and hovering temptingly in a garage. The car is a wild RM15 concept, based on the Veloster. It is actually a mid-engine rear wheel drive vehicle with 296-horsepower, coming from a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. Above is a quick and dirty snapshot from the video, but you can watch the whole 90 second trailer in the thread below.
This is obviously no guarantee that we will see an N-Spec VT next year, but it's closer to a confirmation than anything else we have seen so far. Feel free to do a happy dance now!
Oct 30, 2015 - 1:45 AM - by wicked
The October 2015 Veloster Turbo of the Month Contest winner is none other than V Raptor with this spooktacular shot! Congratulations!
Thanks to everyone who voted! We'll be doing this again in a couple of weeks so stay tuned!
Have a safe and happy Halloween!
Oct 08, 2015 - 11:11 AM - by dgstorm
Feast your eyes on this beast folks! That's the BTR (Blood Type Racing) Veloster Turbo, and it will be at SEMA on November 3. Here's a quick rundown of the modifications they shared for this monster:
- Carbon Black paint job with red racing stripe and a wide body kit
- The Front has aero canards fitted and there is a rear spoiler
- The wheels are custom SSR three-piece units
- Power comes from the Hyundai 1.6L Gamma four cylinder with BTR sleeves
- A high-boost turbo from Garrett is added and includes custom connecting rods and pistons to survive the boost
- The OEM ECU has been tweaked to let the engine make more power - boosting the output to 500hp while keeping OEM drivability
- The interior of the car has been customized as well - including a four point roll cage, Sabelt bucket seats, harnesses, and steering wheel
- Finally, the audio system is a Rockford Fosgate, and Tanabe OLED Revel gauges are included
If any of our members are at SEMA this year, please take some screenshots of the BTR Veloster Turbo so we can all drool over it.
7 members and 267 guests
Most users ever online was 8,225, 07-29-2015 at 08:26 AM.
» Search tags for this page
hyundai veloster turbo,
hyundai veloster turbo forum,
veloster turbo forum,
veloster turbo forums,
Click on a term to search for related topics.
» Focus RS
Top Poster: swordfish
» Discount Tire
» Site Navigation
» Sponsored Links
» Mustang Ecoboost
» Today's Birthdays