How Americans respond to an autonomous driving idea - New CARiD Article

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on How Americans respond to an autonomous driving idea - New CARiD Article within the CARiD.com forums, part of the Vendors category; Automotive technologies are some of the fastest-growing in the world and they went through some remarkable changes over the past 20 years. Today we stand ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yammyboy

Thread: How Americans respond to an autonomous driving idea - New CARiD Article

Supporting Vendor
    Yes, we have it for your
    model!

Automotive technologies are some of the fastest-growing in the world and they went through some remarkable changes over the past 20 years. Today we stand on the verge of probably the most incredible step for the mankind and automotive market, and its called autonomous driving. This subject is widely discussed in all social media, press and auto shows. We couldn't stay aside and decided to dive deeper into the subject in our new article.

Tech experts divide autonomous driving into 5 levels, depending on the interaction between the car and the driver. Technologies the world has already seen, represented by Tesla, Mercedes and BMW yet have reached to 4 levels only, which somehow involve the driver into the driving process. However, when the 5th level will be reached the only goal you as a driver will have is to reach your final destination without doing anything for that. Does it sound like something we're ready for and what are the pros and cons?

We surveyed 1,034 individuals to find out “How do Americans feel about autonomous driving?”. See what they think in our new research!

Click here to read Autonomous Driving Survey Results

What is your attitude to this topic?

HYUNDAI VELOSTER https://www.carid.com/hyundai-veloster-accessories/

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

This user has no status.

I love my 2017 R Spec. I don't want a self driving car. I do like stability and traction and abs. Thats enough for me. I leave stability control on,but when its dry out I always shut off traction control. But I guess for the average lazy American driver who likes buying big gas guzzler pickups and suv's and like to tail gate other smaller vehicles like my VT and FZ10, then I welcome active braking because they are dangerous and inconsiterate drivers. I also have traction ,power,and abs on my Yamaha FZ10. I like it.but I have settings for the power and traction control power levels.
    I guess the drunks can use it after they pass out behind the wheel,then their vehicle can take them home.IMHOP.
    CARiD likes this.
    2017 Blue R Spec , PMS 26mm ft bar,J-craft 20mm r sway bar,, 2&4 PT brace,FTB,& trunk brace,65A mounts,RC, ,Koni's,Ark-gtf sprs, 17X8 +45 rims, BF A/S 235-45-17, carbon fiber , XEHP, XECP, Borla CB,6th CAI, 6th DP,TBBP,dyno tuned by TRDTOY.

2017 White Value Edition NAV , sipin gas,pms torsion bar,megan tower brace,rigid collars,meagn axle back, sequence spoiler, skirts,front lip.custom graphics.

2017 -Yamaha FZ10, gray , my compy 10 sec rocket,lots of mods.

This user has no status.

For the day to day driving, autonomous driving would be fine for most people. I'd like the option (like Demolition Man) to drive it myself though. I'd prefer to own the vehicle so that I could make sure it's properly maintained rather just using a mass of Taxi/rideshare services as I don't typically go places where parking is an issue in my own vehicle. Plus, I'd honestly trust a computer more than most of my co-workers' driving ability.

That said, I'd still have a completely self controlled vehicle for fun time driving.

The other really neat thing that nobody seems to think about is that if ALL cars are autonomous then emergency services can really book it since they can put in their route and all cars along the route will stop/move as the emergency vehicle approaches. That's a bit of a ways off and requires a lot of computational and networking power to make a reality.
    Rides:
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition (daily car)
    1991 Toyota Celica GTS (mod car)

Sponsored Links