CNT Racing catless and catted downpipe for the VELOSTER Turbo. - Page 25

Veloster Turbo Forum

CNT Racing catless and catted downpipe for the VELOSTER Turbo.

This is a discussion on CNT Racing catless and catted downpipe for the VELOSTER Turbo. within the ERZ Performance forums, part of the Vendors category; Hey, on the website the down pipe says up to 2015 models, just to double check I own a 2017 and I don't believe anything ...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: CNT Racing catless and catted downpipe for the VELOSTER Turbo.

This user has no status.

Hey, on the website the down pipe says up to 2015 models, just to double check I own a 2017 and I don't believe anything has changed. Will it fit my car?

This user has no status.

No. Start searching & reading.
    Flareon likes this.

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkeycss View Post
    Hey, on the website the down pipe says up to 2015 models, just to double check I own a 2017 and I don't believe anything has changed. Will it fit my car?
    The downpipes were changed on 2016+ Velosters. They used to come in two sections -- a straight section (with the catalytic converter built in), and an elbow section. Newer ones are a single piece, and a *second* catalytic converter was added to the exhaust system afterwards.

Both styles take up the same space (so aftermarket exhaust systems still bolt up). The upside to this is that an aftermarket exhaust automatically gives a 2016+ car a bit of a boost by eliminating the second cat, before even touching the downpipe.

What this means for you is: You need to look for a downpipe that has the elbow built in, such as the one from SXTH Element, or 845. The short/straight style like CNT makes REQUIRES the old elbow section be reused -- the elbow that 2016+ cars do not have. This is the reason for the "up to 2015" compatibility.

Technically, you could salvage one of these from an older car -- but that piece doesn't flow very well anyways. Not worth it.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Sponsored Links