Thinking about buying a new 16 VT.

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a new 16 VT. within the Introductions forums, part of the Hyundai Veloster Turbo category; Hey y'all! Been lurking for a few weeks now. I'm in the market to buy a new whip. I'm leaning towards the '16 VT. The ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Thinking about buying a new 16 VT.

This user has no status.

Hey y'all! Been lurking for a few weeks now. I'm in the market to buy a new whip. I'm leaning towards the '16 VT. The other option I'm looking at is a '16 fiesta ST. Anyone have any input for me? Thanks y'all. Hopefully I'll be joining the VT family within the week.

Super Moderator
    Premium Member
    I got meth...

If you are looking at a '16 VT get a manual... issues with the DCT. Cant speak on the FiST... a bit fugly for my taste.
    E9C900A likes this.
    Veloster Gone.... 2017 FoST added.

Super Moderator
    Premium Member
    I got meth...

Bigbird and E9C900A like this.
    Veloster Gone.... 2017 FoST added.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has a status.

I was in the same boat as you. The FiST was a contender for me but I went with the VT for a few reasons.

1. The warranty was better then the FiST... even before the 100k mile.
    2. While it has another door for extra practicality, I test drove a FiST and with others in it I felt like I was driving a clown car, it's tiny and the Recaro seats make that worse.
    3. I like the look of the VT better in every way.
    4. Features. The cars are very camparable. We seem to see a lot of comparison to GTIs and the focus but really the only comparisons for the VT has been the FiST and maybe the Mini. The VT base has the highest level of standard equipment than the rest.

That said, the FiST is more performance oriented and while it's nearly identical to the VT on paper it is a little lighter and you can feel the higher level of performance tuning. Add to that the aftermarket is bigger for the FiST.

Oh yeah..... don't get a DCT VT. Manual is the way to go.

Too many parts to list: My build thred.

This user has no status.

Test drove a m/t VT. It drove really well. I definitely felt more comfortable in the VT over the FiST. Right now Hyundai is offering a 200k/20 year warranty on new vehicles. The FiST definitely felt quicker when I drove it. I'm leaning towards the VT though. Sportier looking, better warranty, and the interior is beautiful. Is it somewhat easy to close that performance gap between the 2 vehicles?
    didisinned likes this.

This user has no status.

My current vehicle is a '12 Civic LX. Automatic.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajin View Post
    Right now Hyundai is offering a 200k/20 year warranty on new vehicles. Is it somewhat easy to close that performance gap between the 2 vehicles?
    Absolutely, but the real question is... Would you rather have a FiST killer or a warranty?
    didisinned likes this.

Successful Speeder

Test drove a m/t VT. It drove really well. I definitely felt more comfortable in the VT over the FiST. Right now Hyundai is offering a 200k/20 year warranty on new vehicles. The FiST definitely felt quicker when I drove it. I'm leaning towards the VT though. Sportier looking, better warranty, and the interior is beautiful. Is it somewhat easy to close that performance gap between the 2 vehicles?
    That warranty is not with Hyundai. It's probably a local deal the dealership is adding through another warranty company. Ask them if its warrantied through Hyundai Motors or a separate company. Those extra warranties are a pain in the ass if you ever use it and they only kick in when the Hyundai warranty ends. Pretty stupid but it sure sounds good.

I'm not trying to steer you away from the VT but the truth is the truth. The benefit of the VT is looks, features, and warranty. The benefit of the Fist is performance and no, anything you can do to make the VT fast you can do to the Fist and it will be faster.
    Last edited by leesrt; 01-12-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    2016 VT-DCT, Tech PKG (Destroyed in Wreck)
    TUNED HP/TQ: 224/258(Mustang) 242/279(Dynojet)
    Performance:SXTH 3.5" CAI, SXTH PCV OCC, Mishimoto Breather OCC, Coolant Bypass, CAT delete, Uniq Perf Strut bar, Pierce Torsion Bar, ORHP, BOV and Tork Boost Control Solenoid, HKS M40XL Plugs, 845MS Cold Pipe with HKS SSQV4, 845MS HI-FLO Catted DP Lights:DD HID 5K low beams, DD Turn as Tail, modified reverse lights, Brake light pulser, DD LED Throughout, LaminX yellow fogs

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    That warranty is not with Hyundai. It's probably a local deal the dealership is adding through another warranty company. Ask them if its warrantied through Hyundai Motors or a separate company. Those extra warranties are a pain in the ass if you ever use it and they only kick in when the Hyundai warranty ends. Pretty stupid but it sure sounds good.

I'm not trying to steer you away from the VT but the truth is the truth. The benefit of the VT is looks, features, and warranty. The benefit of the Fist is performance and no, anything you can do to make the VT fast you can do to the Fist and it will be faster.
    I will definitely ask my local dealer about the warranty incentive they are offering when I go in to crunch the numbers. Thanks for all the input, everyone. I'm pretty sure I'll be ecstatic driving off the lot in a new VT.

Watching people do their thing

For me the FiST is a better car in terms of suspension and modifiability. Much of the information regarding maintenance on this site also applies to the Fiesta. I would say they are cheaper to make safe power with, but some will hold differently. My '13 VT scares me in terms of reliability, but I can't speak about later years. I also love the Recaros and audio in the Fiesta ST. In reality I would get a Focus ST though, but that's a different price point. That's my 2 cents.
    AndroidIOSWP likes this.
    2016 VT Rally Edition

Elantra Sport Airbox Swap | ORCP | XWEK | 3TBS | 60MM TB w/ coolant bypass | SXTH Cable End Bushings | SXTH Fuel Line

Tuned by me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links