Should I buy a veloster?

Veloster Turbo Forum

Should I buy a veloster?

This is a discussion on Should I buy a veloster? within the Introductions forums, part of the Hyundai Veloster Turbo category; I'm wanting to buy my first car and that would more likely be a Veloster, what has been eveyones experiences with it, any complaints or ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Should I buy a veloster?

This user has no status.

Should I buy a veloster?

I'm wanting to buy my first car and that would more likely be a Veloster, what has been eveyones experiences with it, any complaints or things that I should know about before considering buying? I've done some research but I'm wanting to actually hear from people who has owned them a long time.

This user has no status.

Turbo (VT) or non-turbo (NAV)?

This user has no status.

I have an [early] 2014 VT Auto. I love it. It's a great daily, has been extremely reliable with no issues at 99k miles. I also have bolt ons and a tune. There's horror stories about the early VTs, but my experience has been great! Just gotta make sure to be diligent with maintenance and use the correct fluids/parts. If a fun daily is what you're looking for, I say go for it. But if you're looking to be the fastest on the block, I'd look at other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by AJackson View Post
    I'm wanting to buy my first car and that would more likely be a Veloster, what has been eveyones experiences with it, any complaints or things that I should know about before considering buying? I've done some research but I'm wanting to actually hear from people who has owned them a long time.
    2014 A/T VT - Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake | ORCP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | Resonator Delete | 75A Mounts | WGA Adjusted | Rigid Collars | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Splash of flex fuel | RN-TUNED

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

check to make sure that the car will fit what you will need it to do. the trunk area is a little small if you travel or need room for medium to large boxes luggage you might need a little larger car. i have gone from a 2012 accent se to a 2013 elantra gt to my first veloster a 2015 r=spec and finally to a 2019 veloster N non performance . for myself it isa perfect size car i dont have a great need for luggage or trunk space i dont haul around a bunch friends and dont have wife or kids so the car fits every thing i need it do do. personally the veloster is one great car . i have never had any problem with any of my hyundai's they are very well built stand up to weather well get great fuel mileage be sure thay the car will fit the world and work you wil do . and of course have a good day
    MircFSC likes this.

This user has no status.

Non turbo, from my understanding Turbo isnt the greatest for gas mileage

This user has no status.

Test drive both, then buy the turbo. It’s worth the extra cash. I had a 2012 NAV DCT and while I loved the look of the car I regretted it being gutless and the huge pain of dealing with the unresponsive DCT. I traded it in for my 2014 VT auto and have been nothing but happy with every aspect of it.
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has no status.

We don’t cater to NAVs here. Turbo only or take it over to veloster.org.
    Roadster likes this.

This user has no status.

Is the turbo automatic or manual? Like what's the difference between turbo and non turbo?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AJackson View Post
    Is the turbo automatic or manual? Like what's the difference between turbo and non turbo?
    They have auto and manual in turbo and non-turbo. Turbo just has more power and more features for the $.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' 2.073
    1/8 8.752 @ 85.68 MPH
    1/4 13.421 @ 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

Well I'll definitely be looking into turbo then, thanks everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links