Evey... TyBardy's 2016 Build Thread - Page 11

Veloster Turbo Forum

Evey... TyBardy's 2016 Build Thread

This is a discussion on Evey... TyBardy's 2016 Build Thread within the Member Rides / Build Threads forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I got a Tracy Lewis breather oil cap to help relieve more pressure from my crankcase under boost. I've only done a little bit of ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Evey... TyBardy's 2016 Build Thread

If it aint broke, fix it until
    it is

I got a Tracy Lewis breather oil cap to help relieve more pressure from my crankcase under boost. I've only done a little bit of driving because I also detailed the car this weekend, but the little I've done... the car felt a bit smoother, dare I say peppier. Not like more horsepower was added overall, but like it feels more accessable through the curve if that makes sense.

Name:  20180324_113604.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  4.23 MB

I am going to start playing with my catch can setup to increase pressure evacuation in the case. I am contemplating drilling into the turbo J-pipe to create vacuum while under boost... this will (if I am reading things correctly) actually free up and create power as well as create more stability and reliability.

Stay Tuned
    Incognito and TooGqForYou like this.
    2016 VT DCT - Tech Package with a few factory extras

K&N Drop in Filter in Modified OEM Air Box | 3.5" Silicone Intake Tube | Cheap BOV | PCV OCC to AOS | Vented Crank Recirc | PUP 5w30 & Magnetic Oil Plug | 60mm TB with ORCP & Coolant Bypass | Coated ORHP | XWEK | 84400 MAP Sensor | 3TBS | Front Strut Bar and PMS Rear Torsion Bar | Torqon Rigid Collars | XPVS | Coated Catless DP (TXE + PMS Street DP w/ 90* bung) | AEM Meth Injection | ORIC v1

Click Here for build thread and pics

This user has no status.

Man Ty, your car has come along man! Awesome. My VT modding took a big break after I bought my house last October. Slowly but surely I'll be souping her up soon.
    2014 A/T VT - Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake | ORCP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | Resonator Delete | 75A Mounts | WGA Adjusted | Rigid Collars | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Splash of flex fuel | RN-TUNED

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

it is

Thanks man... I actaully have some updates that I have been lazy about. Dealing with some spring coil issues and not happy about it

K&N Drop in Filter in Modified OEM Air Box | 3.5" Silicone Intake Tube | Cheap BOV | PCV OCC to AOS | Vented Crank Recirc | PUP 5w30 & Magnetic Oil Plug | 60mm TB with ORCP & Coolant Bypass | Coated ORHP | XWEK | 84400 MAP Sensor | 3TBS | Front Strut Bar and PMS Rear Torsion Bar | Torqon Rigid Collars | XPVS | Coated Catless DP (TXE + PMS Street DP w/ 90* bung) | AEM Meth Injection | ORIC v1

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

it is

Installed these bitches a little while back. Just haven't gotten around to posting. All in all, kinda of a pain but not the worst I've done.
    Name:  20181119_142153.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  1.31 MB
    Had to crack the headlight
    Name:  20181123_150643.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  2.12 MB
    But the end result is worth it in my opinion. OEM lights the way they should be.
    Name:  20181123_155239.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  930.7 KB
    If you do not replace the bulb with an LED you will burn the lens as it is not as "quality" as the OEM
    Name:  20181123_185346.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  380.0 KB
    Name:  20181123_180425.jpg
Size:  392.0 KB
    TooGqForYou likes this.

it is

aaaaannnndddd....

what have we here??? (Also old news if you follow my IG) but still very cool. The thing turned out bad ass and I love the location!! It's slick as snot but it was a mother fucker to install. Fishing the wires and boost reference line to the door was quite the task. The pod also required a ton of modification to fit the glow shift guage. All in all... I'd highly recomend it.

Name:  20181025_180707.jpg
Size:  2.71 MB
    Name:  20181025_180720.jpg
Size:  2.95 MB
    Name:  20181028_141442.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  2.56 MB

if anyone is interested I can do a DIY on the subject. Took plenty of pictures and notes.
    Last edited by TyBardy; 03-03-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    TooGqForYou likes this.

it is

Updated photo of Evey with the new Gen Coupe 19s.... ended up buying two sets so I could have 8" wide wheels on all four corners and not have to fuck with offset wheels on a FWD car.

Name:  evey.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  458.3 KB
    TooGqForYou likes this.

This user has no status.

LOVE The wheels!!!
    TooGqForYou likes this.
    2014 A/T VT - Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake | ORCP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | Resonator Delete | 75A Mounts | WGA Adjusted | Rigid Collars | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Splash of flex fuel | RN-TUNED

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

it is

Quote Originally Posted by MircFSC View Post
    LOVE The wheels!!!
    I very much enjoy the way they look... but they are heavy compared to stock. This time next year I will have a set of proper 19" wheels which weight less than OEM. But I really do like the way these look on the VT.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Sponsored Links