perrikwp's 2019 VT Ultimate

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on perrikwp's 2019 VT Ultimate within the Member Rides / Build Threads forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; It was suggested to create a build thread since I was one of the first to get the 2019 Veloster Turbo. Here are some of ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: perrikwp's 2019 VT Ultimate

This user has no status.

It was suggested to create a build thread since I was one of the first to get the 2019 Veloster Turbo. Here are some of the pictures I'd promised earlier:

Name:  side.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  514.2 KBName:  back.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  628.6 KBName:  lights.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  501.0 KBName:  inside.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  858.7 KBName:  dash.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  746.0 KBName:  engine.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  802.3 KBName:  cold_pipe_bov.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  632.1 KBName:  jpipe_electronicwastegate.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  610.0 KB

Got a few pics of the engine bay with the cold pipe/BOV and the J-Pipe (you can kinda see the electronic wastegate and downpipe). Let me know if there is anything else you want pictures of and I'll try to get some more tomorrow.

Also, I have been in contact with someone local who is affiliated with 845 Motorsports and I'm going to help create/test a super stock tune for the 2019 Veloster Turbo. We ran into a hiccup yesterday when we could grab the oem tune off the ecu, but we couldn't write a modified one back. Hopefully they'll work with the tuning software support to see if we can get it working.
    Joe Schmoe and TC4Tay like this.
    2019 VT Ultimate

Dyno: 193 HP/220 TQ (Stock), 233 HP/258 TQ (BTR)

Performance: SXTH FMIC Kit, 3.5" SRI w/Airaid Filter/Velocity Stack, Axle-back Exhaust, BTR Tuned ECU, HKS M45XL, Boomba BOV
    Maintenance: JEGS Air/Oil Breather Filter, Mightymouse PCV OCC, Amsoil HD Coolant, Castrol GTX Magnatec Oil
    Suspension: SXTH Rear Sway Bar, Motor Mount
    Exterior: Enkei Fujin 18x8 Rims, DD SL1 LED High Beams, VTN Spoiler

Current Project: Custom Switchback DRL Lights

I would advise breaking the car in and getting a feel for the car before applying a tune. How will you have a baseline understanding of what the stock car feels like to use to form an opinion about the tune?

Dreaming.......

Did the dealership come off the price much?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildashard View Post
    Did the dealership come off the price much?
    Not very much, I got $12.5K for my trade-in (2016 Veloster Turbo), but I still owed $12k on it, so I broke even there. On the MSRP, $29,160, I got them to take off $1,600. With tax, tags, fees, and the extended warranties I opted for, it was still slightly over 30K.
    The greatest part of the deal was that I got them to sign an agreement to take off most of my aftermarket parts and give them back to me. I'd kept all of the OEM parts, so I just brought them back and we exchanged them. Just picked up the last of the parts today, so hopefully tonight I can get pictures and list them in the For Sale section.

Despite the higher cost than the old Veloster, I'm still happy with the decision as this car drives much better than the old one even with all the mods and tune the old one had.
    Last edited by perrikwp; 07-02-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
    TC4Tay and theunderdog like this.
    2019 VT Ultimate

Performance: SXTH FMIC Kit, 3.5" SRI w/Airaid Filter/Velocity Stack, Axle-back Exhaust, BTR Tuned ECU, HKS M45XL, Boomba BOV
    Maintenance: JEGS Air/Oil Breather Filter, Mightymouse PCV OCC, Amsoil HD Coolant, Castrol GTX Magnatec Oil

This user has no status.

For Sale parts thread is now up, feel free to check it out: https://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...arts-sale.html
    2019 VT Ultimate

This user has no status.

Down in Greenville, SC at sxth element engineering. Volunteered for Mark to take some 3d scans of a few parts and test fit parts from Elantra Sport. I'll try to get a few pictures up here later with the bumper and other parts removed.
    TC4Tay and Flareon like this.

This user has no status.

Alright, finally got all my pictures organized. Have too many to post directly in this thread so I made a public album in Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oAXdGs3oU48an7xDA
    Feel free to ask any questions about what is in there and I'll try to answer them.

Talking with Mark, the engine, suspension, exhaust (muffler excluded) all match the Elantra Sport. So if you can find an Elantra Sport part that you like, it'll more than likely fit on the new 2019 Veloster Turbo. That being said, helping Mark with testing/fitment, I was able to get a generous discount on his Front Mount Intercooler kit and installed to boot. Boy the car feels even better with it on there, turbo seems to spool better and throttle is even smoother than it already was. In the pictures you can see how cleanly the SXTH Intercooler, Hot Pipe, and Cold Pipe fit and almost look stock.

I had brought my SXTH Short Ram Intake with me and Mark let me know that the 1st gen Veloster version doesn't quite fit, but it's easily modifiable to fit. Just needed to trim 3/4" off of the pipe on the turbo side and slightly bend the battery mount bracket. Also, the clean side oil fitting blocks the engine cover from seating, but he was going to work on moving it to another position on future versions. I plan on getting a 90 degree fitting to see if that helps any. Also, while we had the bumper off, I managed to install the Diode Dynamics SL1 LED Lights I got into the High Beams and I have a picture to show the color temperature matches pretty close to the stock LED Low Beams, but I haven't had a chance yet to test brightness in front of the car.

Mark also took a look at the stock sway bar in the rear and noted that the Veloster bar was the same as the Elantra Sport, but actually slightly thicker at 19mm vs 15mm. He will be eventually sending me a new custom bar to try out. Also, Mark will be making a custom axle back exhaust without a muffler available soon, so hopefully I can grab one when he gets them ready. It'll be similar to what he already has available for the Elantra Sport on his website.

All in all, it was a great time discovering things about the layout of the engine bay, how to take the bumper off (pretty easy), and other stuff about the car. While everything was being removed/placed back on the car, I got some great ideas for future upgrades including a new spot to mount my catch can since the strut tower location is a no-go for this car. I ordered new black nylon oil/fuel line (sold off the old lines with the Radium OCC kit) and some fittings, so hopefully once those come in I'll work on getting everything set up and mounted.

Unfortunately, on my way home, I picked up a nail in one of my tires, so gotta get that fixed either later today or tomorrow. Really wanted to drive around and test out the SXTH intercooler system on some local roads, but didn't want to do it while on the spare tire. So hopefully I can provide more feedback on that later.
    TC4Tay likes this.

Procrastinating at Work

Nice, makes more excited to get one of the R-Specs once they come out.
    2016 VT Rally Edition
    Performance: | 845 Motorsport 3.5" SRI | SXTH Resonator Delete Pipe, Shifter Bushings, Cable Bushings | XPVS | CNT Cat-back |
    Misc : | Add W1 Catch Can (PCV) | XWEK | Torque Pro w/ OBDLink LX

This user has no status.

Hey, just wondering if you've managed to get the high-beam assist to work? Another user on reddit has yet to get it to work, and I can't seem to make it work either.

The manual just says to make sure the headlight stalk is set to "Auto" and to turn the high-beams on. The dash should have the high-beam light on with "AUTO" underneath, I've yet to see that "AUTO" portion light up.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by clabern View Post
    Hey, just wondering if you've managed to get the high-beam assist to work? Another user on reddit has yet to get it to work, and I can't seem to make it work either.

The manual just says to make sure the headlight stalk is set to "Auto" and to turn the high-beams on. The dash should have the high-beam light on with "AUTO" underneath, I've yet to see that "AUTO" portion light up.
    Tried it a few other times without it showing the auto light and of course it doesn't work. I've asked at the dealership and they just stated what was in the manual to me. So I'm thinking Hyundai forgot to add the module from the factory or something is definitely missing.
    Plus my HUD is still broken, they supposedly replaced the cover for it last week, it lasted one day and now it completely stopped working. Going back in sometime this week to have them look at replacing the whole HUD system. Also, to make matters worse, I got a flat tire yesterday on my way home, so I'm riding on the spare tire until I can get back to the dealership to get it fixed or replaced. At least that is one plus about this model, they included the spare tire with the Ultimate (not sure about the other models), my 2016 VT did not come with a spare from the factory.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links