Dealing with Dealers

Veloster Turbo Forum

Dealing with Dealers

This is a discussion on Dealing with Dealers within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Its sad that we cannot have a forum where Very Bad Hyundai Dealers and Service centers are listed, because it would help people to stay ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alg
  • 1 Post By Roadster

Thread: Dealing with Dealers

This user has no status.

Dealing with Dealers

Its sad that we cannot have a forum where Very Bad Hyundai Dealers and Service centers are listed, because it would help people to stay away from those Dealers and Service centers and hopefully starve their business into extinction.

Not long ago, if your service sucked then word got out and you had to work harder to sell anything. It was the business version of 'Survival of the Fittest'.

Now we have mobile-phone-addicted sheeple which don't seem to have the constitution to determine when they are getting shafted, or even to mention they had a poor customer experience.

It is this phenomenon which has allowed Hyundai to TELL the public how good its service is.
    And I am tired of this as my EVERY interaction with Hyundai seems to be to refuse warranty work and to lie to me while smiling.

I work in the auto parts industry and have access to the data about what parts are sold, for what cars, how often, and who did the work. And this is available for O.E. parts such as Hyundai.

From a parts perspective, Hyundai is in the middle of the pack for reliability and occurrence of 'stupid' repairs.
    But when you take a look at what happens After The Sale, you would wonder why Hyundai would mention they have such good service.

You do not have excellent service:
    - If your service center a a two-part portable building or a doublewide trailer, then you do not have excellent service.
    - If the Appointment for my free oil change which I paid for when buying the car takes 2.5 hours, then you do not have excellent service.
    - If you have window air conditioners or portable floor heaters in your service center, then you do not have excellent service.
    - If you take more than one day to look at a problem with the car before returning it to me with no information, then you do not have excellent service.
    - If any of your customers had to hire an attorney to get something fixed under warranty, then you do not have excellent service.
    - If you return the car and something was left off of it, like the coolant cap or the oil filler lid, then you do not have excellent service and you should be immediately put out of business.
    - If there are problems with the car when it is purchased and you do not work with your customer to get it fixed in a timely manner, then you do not have excellent service.
    - If the car was damaged and still sold as new, then you have committed a crime in a few U.S. states, you do not have excellent service, and a few of the employees should be put in jail.
    - If you lie about what you will offer your customer on their trade in and they find out while signing the paperwork, then you do not have excellent service and should not be able to write vehicle contracts.

The most important thing You can do as a Hyundai owner is to tell the Dealer or Service center that they DO NOT have excellent service, and then tell them why.

When YOU are complacent then Hyundai gets to lie. Push back so that they will actually improve.
    Roadster likes this.
    2016 Veloster Turbo MT
    Hesitation Package, Bad Hyundai Dealer Package,
    Disintegrating Interior Package
    Mods:
    Odor management system: Royal Pine, XMas Tree
    Disaster Package: Hyundai spare tire
    Tork Motorsports Short Shifter
    Tork Motorsports Boost Solenoid
    Tork Motorsports Tune
    ONLY 1 small Tork Motorsports sticker. Just 1, and it was green.

Super Moderator
    Premium Member
    I got meth...

Veloster Gone.... 2017 FoST added.

This user has no status.

Issue with a list is it can change depending on who works there. Also things you mention are not always true or determine quality of service but rather other issues. More people do need to speak up on things but with the knowledge of the avg customer and add to that the knowledge of the avg dealer things will not be taken care of as they should be it good or bad.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Veloster like a roadster

That link didn't work for me.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    Issue with a list is it can change depending on who works there. Also things you mention are not always true or determine quality of service but rather other issues.
    Seems like many of the things on my list (of personal experiences, and of those in 2 Hyundai service centers) have nothing to do with who works at a Hyundai dealer and seem to have everything to do with the quality of service.

Your comment also reflects the very attitude I am trying to discuss.

If you went to a dealer and found out that they left off coolant caps and that cars were returned to owners with new, obvious problems, then you would have no worries about taking your car there?
    If you found out that dealer had sold numerous cars as new after having paint and broken windows repaired, would you buy a car from that place?

The point is that if you know these types of things happened even ONE TIME, why would you take your car there? Why would you trust a business with such shoddy work?

We need to pull out of this fog of consumer complacency. Taking the attitude that "mistakes servicing a $20000 machine At Your Expense are acceptable" seems ludicrous on many levels. We need to expect the service that Hyundai advertises, and that includes not having inept people touch any customers machine.

And, when it is realized they cannot provide the service they advertise then things do change. But only then will they change and never before.
    2016 Veloster Turbo MT
    Hesitation Package, Bad Hyundai Dealer Package,
    Disintegrating Interior Package
    Mods:
    Odor management system: Royal Pine, XMas Tree
    Disaster Package: Hyundai spare tire
    Tork Motorsports Short Shifter
    Tork Motorsports Boost Solenoid
    Tork Motorsports Tune
    ONLY 1 small Tork Motorsports sticker. Just 1, and it was green.

This user has no status.

I stand by my statement 100%

The experiences and quality of service is directly related to who works for the dealer. I mean people have to work there to provide any services. With the turnover rate at some dealers they can go from black to white list over and over thus having said lists would have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Issues that happen need to be handled following the proper procedures which the avg customer does not know. The avg customer is in a situation of "you don't know what you don't know" scenario. Meaning they do not know enough about what's going on to know what to ask, look for, what is "normal", etc. That's why places like forums can be helpful to those on the lower side of the bell curve. The avg dealer on the other hand usually has a leg up on knowledge vs the avg customer. That puts the ball in their court. They can therefore screw customers intentionally if they want for monetary gains and if they play their cards right can get away with it and the avg consumer will have 0 chance. Or they can do the right thing which brings return customers and monetary gains.

That being said the customer base that is knowledgeable enough to stop this from happening in the area of one bad dealer is slim to none.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Veloster like a roadster

Having Service Advisers rather than speaking directly to a Technician makes dealers that much more sleazy. Off topic a bit but I have learned technicians are way less competent than a mechanic. The internet and dealers want you to think the techs are more sophisticated and smarter but that is clearly not the case. For example, a mechanic will clean the throttle body and send you on your way where as a tech will replace it $$.
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has no status.

As a young man (1978) i worked as a mechanic in a large shop in El Paso Tx there when a mechanic worked on a car he had to sign the work order sheet then a copy went into the mechanics personal service file as well as the general shop files. That way if a problem came up the problem was noted in shop and the mechanic's personal file if he did bad work he would not be there long. the same should be done in the public file listing complaints and other problems which can be found in the mechanics file if you have a lot of bad work you will not work there long. the problem with this happening is that in the mechanical world would need a investigation/policing service to investigate claims then there is problem's with parts quality worker quality tool quality shop equipment all play a part in the overall work being done. Then when dealing with customers ..... people will lie and misrepresent and go as far as to change a part to make a shop look bad so a public forum is a disservice to shop and will cause more problems and ruin a good shop or mechanic reputation Simply put people generaly muck up things more out of spite than bad work there are places like the BBB to go to for help.Nothing is simple.

But so far here in Huntsville Al my local dealer is fantastic quit dealing with bad dealerships and they go out of business If youhave provable quality problems go to Hyundai of america with proof and i believe they will do something about it.