Front bumper sag - Page 10

Veloster Turbo Forum

Front bumper sag

This is a discussion on Front bumper sag within the Veloster Appearance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; They are literally just steel strips... Go to Home Depot lol...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Front bumper sag

Mehh...

They are literally just steel strips... Go to Home Depot lol
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package
    Performance- HKS M40XL / Tork EBCS / SXTH 3.5 SRI / SXTH Fuel Line / XE 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / SXTH FMIC / HKS SQV4 BOV / SECo BOV Solenoid / SXTH Catless Downpipe / Magnaflow Exhaust / PUP / Mishimoto Catch Can / ADD W1 Catch Can / Glowshift AFR • Boost • Oil Temperature Gauges
    Handling- Uniq Strut Bar / Pierce Rear Torsion Beam / Pierce Crossmember / Uniq Rigid Collars / GodSpeed Lowering Springs / Continental Extreme Contact DWS

This user has no status.

Got a response from Sxth pointing me to turbosocks. Sxth mentioned that Socal has a solution as well, but I couldn't find anything on there site other than the bumper quick release kit (which I've already ordered). Going to build the turbosocks bracket and see how that goes. Already have some steel bar stock in the shop.
    2016 DCT in Ultra Black- sxth element dual catch cans, sxth element short ram intake, turboxs BOV, SCGW mesh grill, Ark performance wing, tippett bumper quick release brackets, turbosocks bumper anti-sag brackets

Filthy Humans!

Quote Originally Posted by brokenhalo View Post
    Going to build the turbosocks bracket and see how that goes. Already have some steel bar stock in the shop.
    There's a link in my signature on how I made mine. Might help ya a little.
    Flareon and brokenhalo like this.
    My VT Thread ~ Here

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    There's a link in my signature on how I made mine. Might help ya a little.
    Good thread too. Thanks.
    Incognito likes this.
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

This user has no status.

Finally got around to working on the bumper sag. Bought a quick release kit from Tippett and the anti-sag bars from turbosocks. KDMTuners has an install vid on their youtube channel showing how to install the quick release kit. It's a great walkthrough, but 1 thing I noticed he did that could be improved on, and that's to do with getting the screw posts set properly before making your marks. With the VT, there isn't much room for the posts, so you need to ditch the hats and springs, cut the screws down real short and run them down so that between 0 and 3 threads are showing BEFORE you press down and make an impression for where your hole is going to be drilled. I dialed the screw length in by putting on the quick release cap, and then eyeballing it so that the flat part of the cap was parallel to the quarter panel. All 4 screws wound up dialed in slightly differently. Doing this made it so that there was no fussing with panel gaps or height after the install. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

The turbosocks bars didn't come with any instructions, so I improvised a bit. The back attaches to the splash guard mounting points on the body, and then I cut a couple of slits in the front lip and folded them forward so that the bar could come up under the bumper and have some extra meat to cradle. It could probably be done better, but I did this with the car on the ground. Next time it's at my uncles garage I'll get it up on the lift and take another look at it.

Overall everything seems nice and solid now.

E9C900A, Flareon and Incognito like this.
    2016 DCT in Ultra Black- sxth element dual catch cans, sxth element short ram intake, turboxs BOV, SCGW mesh grill, Ark performance wing, tippett bumper quick release brackets, turbosocks bumper anti-sag brackets

This user has no status.

Front bumper sag

I might would do quick release things if I had a black car. Would be very hard to hide on my vitamin C. Yes don’t guess most people want to hide them though.

I kind of dislike the look and those bolt-on flares too (the Veloster is already widebody. Just get the right figment and stance)
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon View Post
    I might would do quick release things if I had a black car. Would be very hard to hide on my vitamin C. Yes don’t guess most people want to hide them though.

I kind of dislike the look and those bolt-on flares too (the Veloster is already widebody. Just get the right figment and stance)
    I'd really only recommend the quick release kit if you're having issues with the stock brackets breaking or sag. The stock bumper bracket clips are notoriously easy to break. I broke one of the tabs on the passenger side the second time I had the bumper off. If you did need to do it I'd go black. Black goes with everything, and the car is already a bit sporty/agressive, so I think they'd compliment the car rather well.

And yeah, bolt on flares are ass in general. That being said, there is a Liberty Walk GTR here in Philly that is just pure sex. One of the few aftermarket widebody cars that I actually like. But the widebody kit costs almost as much as my VT, so there's that.
    Flareon likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links