Weird grinding noise - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Weird grinding noise

This is a discussion on Weird grinding noise within the Veloster Brakes forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Took the car to my local mechanic whom I've used for years. Car needed a full front brake job. Rotors and pads. The rotors were ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weird grinding noise

This user has no status.

Took the car to my local mechanic whom I've used for years. Car needed a full front brake job. Rotors and pads. The rotors were in really rough shape. The repair totally fixed the scraping sound. The rear rotors are in pretty rough shape also but not as bad as the fronts. Rear pads are ok. When I replace the rear pads I'll do the rotors then also.

The mechanic asked if I drive the car hard. I don't. I've already replaced the front tires which were worn hard (at 17K miles), and now the front brakes. So I'm thinking the car (which was a dealer lease) was driven hard and then sat for over a year.

I like my little Veloster. It seems to be running smoothly now. I've resigned myself to the fact the car eats tires and brakes. At some point I may even drop back to 17" wheels. But now that dang noise is gone and I can get back to enjoying my ride!

Thanks all,
    Dave

This user has no status.

Tire wear is mostly determined by tire used, driving style, and allignment.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' 2.073
    1/8 8.752 @ 85.68 MPH
    1/4 13.421 @ 105.57 MPH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links