Brake Issue

Veloster Turbo Forum

Brake Issue

This is a discussion on Brake Issue within the Veloster Brakes forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Not sure if I should post this here or in the "Problems" section. I'm going to try and describe this the best I can. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RPW00Mirage

Thread: Brake Issue

Alive

Brake Issue

Not sure if I should post this here or in the "Problems" section. I'm going to try and describe this the best I can. I keep putting off doing anything about it b/c I don't want to sound crazy.

There are times when it feels like debris is getting stuck between my brake pads and rotor (I guess?). It's only happened a few times. But when it does my brakes don't work for a few seconds. They do a little bit but it feels like there is something preventing the pad from making contact.

It's mostly happened when I pull into my gravel driveway but has also happened when there was salt on the road. That time was super scary b/c there was a wreck ahead and a cop was coming at me in my lane head on to tell me about it so I'd slow down and my brakes just stopped working.

When it happens I can actually feel it in the brake pedal.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any way to prevent it? It doesn't seem like it should be normal. I'd like to be able to expect my brakes to work all the time lol.
    Last edited by PKYINK; 04-23-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    2016 R Spec

This user has no status.

Brake Issue

From one of your other threads you have a 2016 R-spec. Current mileage unknown. Brake maintenance unknown.

Perhaps you should get your brakes inspected by a shop and advise them of your issue. On the surface it doesn’t sound like a brake fluid issue, but it’s probably a good idea to get that freshened. Sounds more like a pad or rotor issue; they do wear out.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 04-23-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Alive

Thanks. It's 2016 with 35k miles. It's only ever happened in salt or gravel.
    2016 R Spec

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

are you getting into the ABS during a panic stop on these loose surfaces?
    E9C900A likes this.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

Sponsored Links